Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started reading Godzilla On My Mind the other day. Has anyone else here read it? What are your thoughts on it?

Got the 30cm '04 Goji the other day. Very photogenic figure, couldn't be happier with him!

IMG_3450_zps2c67a029.jpg

IMG_3443_zpsd20954e3.jpg

IMG_3455_zps60b3c815.jpg

IMG_3451_zpsd648f28e.jpg

IMG_3452_zpsfc11d379.jpg

Final Wars is nowhere near my favorite film in the franchise, but the suit is just beautiful. Highly recommend the figure for anyone who might be on the fence. Fantastic pose and as far as scaling goes, he looks pretty good next to the others. Not as short as the '84, plus his wide stance is a convincing enough reason for the smaller size.

Nice photos, X-Plus' usual slender quality to their sculpts pays off on this suit, he looks great.

NECA's schedul has the 12" HTT Godzilla 2014 shipping May 16, not sure how long things take to hit shelves from NECA's ship dates.

Final Wars design is actually one of my favorites. Body-wise it reminds me of the slender look from the early 60's. Face-wise you can never go wrong with a pissed off Hesei Goji look. Beautiful statue.

Man, I love the '92 Godzilla design. Thanks for the awesome pics

Me too! One of my favorites. And you're welcome. :hi5:

Got the 30cm '04 Goji the other day. Very photogenic figure, couldn't be happier with him!

IMG_3450_zps2c67a029.jpg

IMG_3443_zpsd20954e3.jpg

IMG_3455_zps60b3c815.jpg

IMG_3451_zpsd648f28e.jpg

IMG_3452_zpsfc11d379.jpg

Final Wars is nowhere near my favorite film in the franchise, but the suit is just beautiful. Highly recommend the figure for anyone who might be on the fence. Fantastic pose and as far as scaling goes, he looks pretty good next to the others. Not as short as the '84, plus his wide stance is a convincing enough reason for the smaller size.

This one is definitely on my want list. I'm trying to get Megalon out of the way before I do. Nice score and pics! :clap

Final Wars design is actually one of my favorites. Body-wise it reminds me of the slender look from the early 60's. Face-wise you can never go wrong with a pissed off Hesei Goji look. Beautiful statue.

I personally hate the suit... But that could be because I hate the film... Had that suit been in a better film I might have liked it better. I really don't know how I would feel about that look in a different movie.

I personally hate the suit... But that could be because I hate the film... Had that suit been in a better film I might have liked it better. I really don't know how I would feel about that look in a different movie.

The movie is atrocious. And I think you make an interesting point about the impact a film has on the appearance of Godzilla and its popularity. Similar to my personal theories that Godzilla Raids Again, Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Megalon are typically the most disliked and they each feature three unpopular suits.

I'd love to see final-goji star in a film of Biollante's quality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I really don't like the movie. And when I think about the suit, it's definitely not high on my priorities. But when I opened up the box, just like when I impulsively bought the original 6" Bandai '04 back in the day, it really impressed me. I think it's harder to let your views on the film influence your views on the suit once you have just the suit in-hand.

In other news, the gigantic Burning Godzilla is now available for order directly from the Ric Boy site:

Looks like there won't be a light-up gimmick. From what I can gather, going off the Google Translate text, the areas that would light up are cast in translucent vinyl so you can implement lights yourself.

There is, however, a different Ric Boy feature and this appears to be it:

213nbqb.jpg

A nameplate with the oxygen destroyer. So both versions lack lighting, but ordering from X-Plus will get you the nameplate accessory.

Here's the Google Translate:

"Oxygen Destroyer (pedestal)" is attached to the boy Rick Limited Edition.
※ I am using the same mold as those that came in (1954) boy Rick Limited Edition Godzilla "Oxygen Destroyer".
※ emission gimmick is not built into this product.

In my opinion, the extra $50 plus Tenso fees (whether you get it yourself or through Mike Johnson) isn't worth it. I ordered the Ric Boy Kiryu through Mike and the total cost came to $300 (around $100 more than it would've been through AmiAmi or Hobby Search). Was willing to do it for the missile pack, but here it seems like way too much of an added cost.

Saw Godzilla toys at Target yesterday!! Never thought I'd see THAT happen. They had the new toys as well as some of the vinyl figures like King Caesar...

Saw Godzilla toys at Target yesterday!! Never thought I'd see THAT happen. They had the new toys as well as some of the vinyl figures like King Caesar...

Ha, I saw the same thing, I was like really?! I saw the atomic breath godzilla, almost bought it, almost lol

The movie is atrocious. And I think you make an interesting point about the impact a film has on the appearance of Godzilla and its popularity. Similar to my personal theories that Godzilla Raids Again, Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Megalon are typically the most disliked and they each feature three unpopular suits.

I'd love to see final-goji star in a film of Biollante's quality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well that might answer the question for me..... I hate the Son of Godzilla suit but I actually really enjoy the film. I love the insect monsters and the Island setting. Had the G suit been better I would really love it. So the film itself did not impact how I felt about the suit.

G: FW suit is just too thin and the spines on his back are too small. I never cared for the Shape of his head and it actually reminds me of the Godzilla Raids Again Head. But it is a better design then the Son of Godzilla suit. But I would rather have a SOG suit item then a FW item.

But it's cool if people like it. Just my opinion on the look of the suit. In all actuality I like the two toy versions of the FW suit my kids have. So it I guess I think it makes a better toy then an actual suit.

For MMA fans, Final Wars was a classic. Nothing like Don Frye as your protagonist, or Gary Goodridge, dressed in a Hawaiian shirt, working at an arctic base. Haha, I didn't watch that movie for the monsters, at least not the rubber ones.

Yeah, can't wait for Varan and Minilla. They look great. You guys are in for a treat with 64, that's a masterpiece.

Back