Life size dinosaurs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you !!!
I bought from Gavin Robinson (very bad seller, avoid him) the raw bust and the amber drop. A painter friend sculpt the rest and painted it.
He really did an amazing job.

Got this amazing Stan T-rex busts from DansDinosaur, sculpted by great paleoartist Michael Berglund.
Fantastic piece, easily throw all my SS dino statues into shadow.
Love it so much, couldn't help taking whole bunch pics of it.
DSC04821_a_zpsb2fd82e7.jpg
DSC04875_a_zps02436214.jpg
DSC04831_a_zpsbf793abf.jpg
DSC04825_a_zpsac2166d1.jpg
DSC04900_zpsb3a1ba76.jpg
DSC04925_a_zps4d63e0ff.jpg
DSC04923_a_zpsbb53be8d.jpg
DSC04935_a_zpsd1e5e7be.jpg

Another bulid-up Stan Winston Trex bust.
It's a shame no company curently can offically release those products.
DSC04180_a_zps628e06fa.jpg
DSC04152_a_zpsc43ac7f7.jpg
DSC04174_a_zps89f6245c.jpg
DSC04177_a_zpsdaba045f.jpg
DSC04323_a_zps3ae34e66.jpg

What are your guys' thoughts on the Oxmox stuff?

I like their sculpts for the most part, but the paint apps don't seem very impressive from the in-hand pictures I've seen.

I'd like to own at least two dinosaur-related collectibles, specifically a JP-themed T-rex and "Velociraptor". Any recommendations?

I to was able to purchase the Stan T-Rex, it blows away any other dino statue I have, hands down! and its a good size piece also.

I to was able to purchase the Stan T-Rex, it blows away any other dino statue I have, hands down! and its a good size piece also.
Which T-rex are you talking about? One from geenemodels.com? Or Oxmox?

Regardless, you should post some pictures of it.

The stan I was able to pickup was the one offered by blackheart studios, you buy it as a kit or have them paint it, I was very lucky because I had them paint it, when it arrived, I was not happy because there was much to much blood in and around the mouth, so they asked me to return it and he sent me an older version they had been using as a display, the paint job is fantastic and I was more than thrilled, I will try to post a pic, however it closely resembles the one on page 57

Be very, very careful. I paid that guy $2300 6 months ago and have nothing to show for it.
Right now I'm working with Western Union and the local police in Mexico City to bring charges.

If you go to youtube and search Galileo Hernandez Nunez and Fraud you will see I'm not alone.

Instead of ordering a Geene model you could take your money and throw it off a bridge.
I actually already saw some comments on Youtube about someone being scammed by him. I assume that was you. It seems like everyone else has had pleasant transactions with him though.

If I ever did decide to purchase anything from him/geenemodels.com, I think I'll be safe as long as I stick with Paypal.

Hopefully everything works out for you and you get your money back.

Hi guys, I have a question. I have been wanting to sculpt dinosaurs for a while now, but from researching, it looks like there are quite a few places to get high quality sculptures. So I had the idea to sculpt more stylized dinosaurs, they would still be recognizable as dinosaurs, but their design would be embellished. Would there be interest in such sculptures? This image is kind of what I would be going for (not mine by the way, concept art for Turok 1 or 2, I couldn't draw to save my life).

Thanks!

image.jpg

Back