Spooktacular: The Return of the Buffy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was probably meant to be revealed during spooks earlier on, but something might have come in the way. Licensors :dunno

God, I've been away for so long, I didn't know anything about Sideshow's plans to revive the Buffy line! The PF line is cool as it is for me, but the idea of Marvel-like maquettes makes me drool. I hope they don't release Buffy and Spike and then stop there. *Cross fingers* I'll stick around here for news. Thanks for all the information, Chapter.

I know Olvi, I agree. If they plan to start this new line up, then they better plan to do some good with it.

And since you've been away, stop that! This way you wont miss any news. :)

God, I've been away for so long, I didn't know anything about Sideshow's plans to revive the Buffy line! The PF line is cool as it is for me, but the idea of Marvel-like maquettes makes me drool. I hope they don't release Buffy and Spike and then stop there. *Cross fingers* I'll stick around here for news. Thanks for all the information, Chapter.

No problem, Olvi. I'm still waiting for more updates on this line myself. I'm going to submit another question to "Ask Sideshow," in hopes that it will be answered and published. Not to sound cliche', but the suspense is killing me. :lol Despite the lack of announcement at Spooktacular, I'm hoping for a P.O. by the end of the year.

And BTW, welcome back. :rock

One of my favorite threads in this entire section. Time to come back from the dead.

Sideshow, if there ever was a time, Spooktacular is it!!!

ReplicantSavior posted this over on SSF and I quote:

There should be a lot of good pre-orders in the coming weeks and during the event. From the Predator 2 maquette to the Queen of the Dead. Post your pre-order pick and an honorable mention.....

Honorable Mention:

1. Cordelia Chase Cheerleader statue

:rock :rock :rock :rock

I don't post much on SF anymore, but this deserves mentioning.

(This also sounds like something Eli would say. :lol Hmmmmm....)

hi guys new to this thread glad to see the love for buffy i been loving her since a teen heres my 1/6 buffy from sideshow totally redone i switched the cheap body to a hot toys alice body and got my man modo to weather the indiana jones jacket so its like shes wearing angles jacket and i had the head repainted will post a pic of the head tonight as its coming in the mail today finally!!! comments welcome guys.i also added her cross necklace slayer always needs her cross for protection

thanks guys im very proud to have her in my collection i think the likeness is totally there but if anyone is to do this a definite repaint is needed and i put her on a alice body i hated the cheesy sideshow one buffy deserves the best lol.

I visit this thread more out of morbid curiosity than any actual expectation of meaningful news. On the one hand, it is so sad to see my fellow Buffy fans post their hopeful wishes for something - anything - to keep this still great show on the still-viable-for-collectibles category. On the other hand, it's also annoying to see potshots from non-Buffy fans taking malicious glee in that same (sad to say) naive hope. Then it hits me, the real culprit who deserves all the blame for this pathetic scenario is Sideshow. Jeez, why can't they just cut the cord already and admit that there is no money left in Buffy, ergo, there will be no more product? This constant - stay tuned, it might happen! crap is borderline cruel.

The last product line was so uneven and half-hearted anyway. I will be getting rid of mine as soon as I practicably can, and I at least will say it: If by some miracle Sideshow decides to release another statue from this line, regardless of character, on principle for their previous constant muffing of this franchise, I won't be buying it.

Our story begins on 7/9/09. A day many of the faithful followers of the BTVS PF line will never forget. Amidst a sea of questions in another seemlessly innocent "Ask Sideshow" entry, one question would "stake" the hearts of us Buffy fans....forever.

Q: The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Premium Format Figures are incredible, but everyone wants to know if there are going to be any more major characters like Willow, Faith, Zander, Giles, etc. made for this line?

A: We do not plan to continue the Premium Format Buffy line, but we are currently in development on new Buffy products in another format. We hope to share more news with you soon!

With our dreams shattered and our hopes lost, it looked like the end of the Buffy line altogether, as the PF line now joined the ranks of the ill-fated 1/6 line.

But then a glimmer of hope arose from the ashes...in photo form.

On September 9th, 2009 at 8:00 AM PST, this was posted:

From the Sideshow Collectibles Blog Archive:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=7384

0908sscteaser0609.jpg

Much like the Slayer's essence, our hopes were reborn.

Then, even more support came from the Sideshow "camp." Below was the question I submitted to Sideshow, followed their reply published in the "Ask Sideshow" article of 9/23/09:

Q: In a recent “Ask Sideshow,” you hinted that you would be developing “new Buffy products in another format.” For us uber-Buffy fans, can you narrow down the possibilities? Maybe a diorama?

A: Dioramas are possible for the future. We’re currently developing some very dynamic and advanced statue products for Buffy, similar in concept and design to some of our Marvel products.

And today, yet another "sign" from Sideshow was sent to its fans. Below the video of the official "Help Wanted" trailer created for Spooktacular, a list of information was posted including a License section for anticipated lines being released during this event. And guess what is listed? Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
(Click this link for details. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=492&utm_source=wp_news)

While nothing has been clearly "carved into stone," could Spooktacular be the return of the Slayer to Sideshow's main lineup? Only time will tell, but I have a feeling this Spooktacular will bring a part of Sunnydale back to life.

Post your thoughts here and get ready. Buffy lives.

Grrrr....Arrgg. :mummy:stake

This is one of my favorite 'speculation' threads from back in the day and wanted to make my 18,000th post, in none other than Whedonville.

I found the bold part of my original quote VERY interesting. Sideshow DID have future plans for the Buffy license, but were they referring to something OTHER than what we got?

Anyone care to take a guess at what could have been?

Last edited:
Call me an optimistic fool but I'm not giving up on SS just yet. I really want some "Buffy" dioramas. Bringing back the 1:6 line would also be nice!

Back