Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No regrets picking this set up!!!!!!

Akira11.jpg
Akira21.jpg
Akira3.jpg
Akira4.jpg

*APPLAUSE*

Congrats! Swap Lupin's head out for a baldie, and you've got a Colonel v Kaneda right there!!

God i love that bike, my grail piece and still the coolest collectible ever.
Kaneda10.jpg

Looks cool. There isn't much detail on the back half of the back though is there?

Does the hood open up at all or is just fixed?

I found a tetsuo for 80 bucks sealed. Excited to get him.

The bike is strippable, the majority of the cowling can be removed to reveal a detailed understructure, held together by heavy duty magnets.

Kaneda12.jpg

Still trying to find the perfect case/cover for this. Here's how he's displayed right now.

1472792_10151900841198565_781243266_n.jpg

Looks like there are still some on ebay, yes, but they are asking ridiculous prices. Yes, the bike is awesome, but who's gonna pay like $800 plus shipping for that monster box?

Don't forget, it retailed for $400 so it's never going to be less than that. But it couldn't hurt to make an offer to those sellers. If you look through completed auctions, it seems like the only ones that actually SOLD were around retail price. Just cause people list it for all that money doesn't mean anyone is buying it that high!

One thing I wish Medicom had included was an extra set of goggles to hang around Kaneda's neck. Without it, you really can't recreate this iconic movie poster image:

Attachments

• akira_ver2.jpg
    akira_ver2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 582
going to try and get Kaneda soon, before he will be impossible to find, lol

but here is Tony Stark on the bike ;)

i have loads of Akira merch, some are stored away, but here is some of it

this is the image of the cel i won on eBay

took this at the Shinnenkai convention in the 90s, was an awesome weekend :)

going to try and get Kaneda soon, before he will be impossible to find, lol

but here is Tony Stark on the bike ;)

i have loads of Akira merch, some are stored away, but here is some of it

this is the image of the cel i won on eBay

took this at the Shinnenkai convention in the 90s, was an awesome weekend :)

lol I have Kaneda and just ordered Tetsuo... now I need to pick up the Bike.

I love Akira.

I love Otomo Katsuhiro.

Since nobody in my real life understands my obsession, I figured I'd post some updated photos of my current set up, if you kind folks will indulge me.

68ri9f.jpg

Here you can see the three generatons of BanDai Kanedas and Bikes. On the right is the Yamato plastic statue from about 10 years ago. Also note the "Hong Kong" exclusive "Key" that was in the pill container that came out with the Soul of Popynica bike in 2004. Behind it is the really nice box for the limited edition Kaneda G-Shock Casio watch, limited to just 1000 pieces. On top of that is the box for the original BanDai Akira bike from 1988. A very small CD-Rom that Otomo made called "Gondola" is there next to "Kardia" which was the official soundtrack to the GENGA art exhibit held in spring of 2012. Behind that with the large stupid glare in the middle is the AKIRA Japanese laserdisc, first edition unfortunately. I don't have the later ones with better artwork. And next to that is the LP soundtrack to the comic book "Domu" which has some exclusive Otomo artwork inside.

Not pictured would be the Medicom/BM! Tetsuo, all the McFarlane stuff...the K+M capsule figures, trading cards, Famicom games and etc. Just for space reasons. I kinda have to pick and choose what I display at any given time. Also not pictured...all the Japanese and English AKIRA DVDs and Blu-rays and VHS copies I've accumulated over the years!

33ogkm8.jpg

Here's a wider shot of the corner. You can see the exclusive shopping bag from the GENGA exhibit as well as the recent Commes des Garcons shopping bag. Also in that cardboard tube is the LARGE GENGA exhibit poster, but I haven't hung it yet. I have the smaller one "Good Weather" hangining just out of view of the picture. You can also see my Otomo books in the shelf.

2i77qmu.jpg

And here are most of my Otomo books. From left to right....GENGA Art Exhibit book, Posters, Oversized "Farewell to Weapons" deluxe edition, Kaba, Kaba 2, Viva Il Ciclissimmo!, Hansel and Gretel, Akira movie theater program, Akira Animation Archives, Short Peace Character Design Book, Geijutsu Shincho Magazine Otomo Special, Brutus Magazine Otomo Special, Brutus Magazine Otomo Issue and "Park", AKIRA Club English Hardcover, Continiuty of Akira 1 and 2, Brutus "Who is Otomo Katushiro?", Memories, SOS, Eureka Magazine Otomo Special, Short Peace, Highway Star, Good Weather, Sayonara Nippon, Kibun wa mo Senso, Boogie Woogie Waltz, Domu, Pafu Magazine Otomo Special. And the last books are the English versions of Tatsumi Yoshihiro's stuff which is freaking awesome. Also, notice the Short Peace Theater Program all the way on the left side. Whew!

Not pictured would be my four complete sets of AKIRA....in Japanese B+W, Japanese Color, original Epic 1-38 in Color, and orginal Dark Horse 1-6 B+W. And Japanese copy of AKIRA club which actually has slightly different content. And Memroy of Memories, the anime book. Also, Domu and Memories Collection in English. All back in storage in America. Also the original issue of Young Magazine that had Orbital Era from 2001, which was a real pain in the butt to finally track down. Kinda irked me that it was reprinted in Kaba 2, but oh well. Hopefully someday Apple Paradise will be reprinted as well. Still need to buy the Steamboy storyboard books as well.

I spent a LOT of money and time getting all this stuff and I know it's not even close to complete. Anyone in Japan could probably get all this stuff on yahoo auctions and in Mandarake within a short amount of time, but I'm still proud of it. No, I don't have any cels, which would be freaking amazing. Or my holy grail....an autograph from the man himself. God that would be mind-blowing.

But I DID see him. I didn't get to talk to him, but we were in the same room last year during the Short Peace premiere, so I am that one step closer to my goal.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Thanks again to the one and only Otomo-sama for all the amazing work over the years!! Here's to many more!

No FREEDOM?

BTW u got the latest Brutus magazine talking about Akira 2012 2 years Delayed?

And i'd advise you to rub some neutral leather protector on the Medicom Kanaeda so the jacket last longer.

I love Akira.

I love Otomo Katsuhiro.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Thanks again to the one and only Otomo-sama for all the amazing work over the years!! Here's to many more!

Back