1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Well....if you can call it that.

:lol It'll be Jonesy refusing approval of his likeness that delays this figure, unless someone shows them what "a cat" is.

:thud::thud:

10525581_913424555341419_5182841732367161611_n.jpg

10511348_334175896740042_8842102604205583579_n.jpg

IMG_1365.JPG

10516612_1458615934394491_41622172020646651_n.jpg

...because he looks nothing like a "Fox"...

:lecture
I just can't help but picture an old cat in an armchair & smoking jacket, on the phone to his agent.. "Fox?! You mean a fox?! No well of course it doesn't look like me! What do I pay you for!"

Etc

Shots of the flamethrower make me appreciate the one I already got from Snyder-man. I also like their Jones a lot more than what is being offered here so far. While the newer prototype head looks nice I will wait and see if the final product holds up. Not a fan of real hair as it looks wonky posed with other figures that have sculpted hair. Very interested to see if Ripley is the usual one and done from non Batman/Ironman characters, or if they will actually produce more human characters from the Alien franchise.

Meanwhile, Jones will need to decide what to do with all the money he's getting for the likeness rights.

I+should+buy+a+boat..+Help+me+decide_5683f2_3465151.jpg

Greatest cat actor ever. The expression on his face. Priceless.

That's a really great shot of him that you mention it. One of earth's most skilled predators watching an otherworld creature catching prey.

All the cat gags are great btw guys, love'em. :lol

Yeah, Jones. The beauty of him is, they caught his very real reaction to a strange 'animal' on film. It was true & genuine.

It just amps the horror / fright element up 1000 times & solidifies the suspension of disbelief for the audience in those moments in the hangar.

Well played Mr Scott.

Well that's just....clearly the cat saw a more challenging prey on the ground below and made a snap decision to alter its course mid-air, probably landing right where it intended in that moment. PWN :lol

Also, Alien - surprisingly - suggests a fairly optimistic human future in space. Because we still have cats. :)

I'm actually a dog person. But cats are beautiful, amazing creatures.

Back