Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely getting both Smaug and Balrog. Had to pass on Azog, but that's the great thing about collecting, there's always something else and these two fit better in my ME collection.

I chose to pass on him too and the reason is space. I am running out of it and my home office is commited to Sideshow DC stuff. Azog looks good but the 2 main creatures Balrog and Smaug will be enough for me.

Pretty much. :lol I expect the total to be be about $1500-1600 for the two. I've got $370 in Weta dollars, which will help me out at least a little.

Right now I am most worried about aquiring funds, before pre-orders begin. Couse if Smaug or Balrog, are gonna be slapped with some small, exclusive edition numbers, then I'll probably won't be able to get the cash before they'll sell out. And I dread to think of the ebay prices for those *shudder*.

Luckily for me I don't like the pose. The pose in the ilustration is so much better, crouching, more menacing. Money saved!

For me Smaug comes first, plus I too worry about the funds. If for some reason the ES is a low 500 then I gotta find the funds fast and jump on it. It would be a future $1000+ grail if the ES is that low, just like Azog was instantly

Future $1,000? At 500 ES and $700+ retail it will be an immediate $1,000 piece right after sell out.

They could make it really limited to make it a special piece. We shall see.

People have been asking them to do another Balrog for years. 500 ES would be nice, but I would think 1000 minimum. I just hope it is not another open ES.

10% off card? I didn't get one of those from the booth! Glad I'll have plenty of time to save, only needing a preuathorization for the preorders which I imagine will go up close to each other. Not going to really get much of anything besides one or two other statues in the next 6 months, so should be able to save for both this and Smaug with relative ease.

Hit me with a PM. I can help you with a card.

If you could only have one (either the original daddy Rog or the new one) which would it be and why? Because even looking at your SDCC pics, I think I would prefer the original mainly because of the pose/overall look. Keeping in mind this is based on pictures of both only because I have never owned the original.

That's tough. If I could only have one I'd choose the original because of my long time emotional attachment to it. That being said this new one is quite badass.

Right now I am most worried about aquiring funds, before pre-orders begin. Couse if Smaug or Balrog, are gonna be slapped with some small, exclusive edition numbers, then I'll probably won't be able to get the cash before they'll sell out. And I dread to think of the ebay prices for those *shudder*.

They're not gonna be cheap but they're not due to ship at the same time according to the cards at SDCC.

People have been asking them to do another Balrog for years. 500 ES would be nice, but I would think 1000 minimum. I just hope it is not another open ES.

I expect the ES on both to be 750-1000. Both cards for Smaug and the Balrog said limited edition piece.

Well, I don't always trust "limited edition". It can really mean anything if it is an unnumbered edition. I just hope they are numbered. Anywhere else those discount cards are available? I don't order much direct from WETA(I missed Azog and I just got my latest piece Barar-Dur secondhand), but with these new ones I think I might be getting direct and anything off their big tags would help.

Well, I don't always trust "limited edition". It can really mean anything if it is an unnumbered edition. I just hope they are numbered. Anywhere else those discount cards are available? I don't order much direct from WETA(I missed Azog and I just got my latest piece Barar-Dur secondhand), but with these new ones I think I might be getting direct and anything off their big tags would help.

He will have a number. That's what Weta means when they put limited edition.

Anyone know what a fair market value is for the original Balrog? All I see on eBay are high BINs that go unsold. I may finally get off the pot and get one of these.

I bought one from a member here for $1400 shipped. I've seen them around $1100 a few times but more nearer the $1400 mark.

I've wanted to get the original back for quite some time and I sold several things to get it so none of it came out of pocket. Plus the new one hadn't been announced yet so it wasn't a factor. Honestly, I will enjoy having both.

I've wanted to get the original back for quite some time and I sold several things to get it so none of it came out of pocket. Plus the new one hadn't been announced yet so it wasn't a factor. Honestly, I will enjoy having both.
Both is nice too Lol super nice

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back