Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics by swabie2424 of Weta Forums and from Itakon.it.

I must say I am warming to this statue, and no longer think it would be so bad to own this, if I couldn't afford the Original 'Rog (still prefer the original though). My main problem with the pose of this statue, is that it looks great and imposing from every angle, other than the one where he points its face at You.

IMG_2465_zps5a749ebb.jpg

IMG_2461_zpsae723dd3.jpg

IMG_2464_zps03ec53a8.jpg

Weta42.jpg

Weta43.jpg

Weta44.jpg

More pics by swabie2424 of Weta Forums and from Itakon.it.

I must say I am warming to this statue, and no longer think it would be so bad to own this, if I couldn't afford the Original 'Rog (still prefer the original though). My main problem with the pose of this statue, is that it looks great and imposing from every angle, other than the one where he points its face at You.

IMG_2465_zps5a749ebb.jpg

IMG_2461_zpsae723dd3.jpg

IMG_2464_zps03ec53a8.jpg

Weta42.jpg

Weta43.jpg

Weta44.jpg
It'd be awesome if you could remove the sword and leave it on the base. If you could do that this'd go from a maybe to an almost definite

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I don't quite understand the dislike for the sword. I think many of us wanted a statue to match the Jerry Vanderstelt print and this almost does that. A Balrog with whip has been done this was the next option many of us wanted.

It's looks really good. Sword matches the flames on his head so ultimately I think it looks fine. Big and pretty dynamic too. Now just tell me what the cost is so I can decide.

I don't quite understand the dislike for the sword. I think many of us wanted a statue to match the Jerry Vanderstelt print and this almost does that. A Balrog with whip has been done this was the next option many of us wanted.

Exactly.

Yeah, that last set of pics definitely sold me even more. I think it stands on it's own and it's a great alternative to the original.

It's looks really good. Sword matches the flames on his head so ultimately I think it looks fine. Big and pretty dynamic too. Now just tell me what the cost is so I can decide.

Exactly.

Yeah, that last set of pics definitely sold me even more. I think it stands on it's own and it's a great alternative to the original.

IMO the sword is awesome!!! As are the flames!!!!!!!!!

I'll post pics soon. Just gotta get around to it.
To ME the sword sorta looks too big and almost out of place. That's all. Otherwise I love it. I'd just like there to be an option to not display it with the sword. I don't need a whip either. Just the Balrog would be nice.

Yes please post more pics. The sculpt is amazing

I loved the sword. Looks so great in person. The lean looks a bit precarious but this is a definite buy if the price isn't too absurd.

I loved the sword. Looks so great in person. The lean looks a bit precarious but this is a definite buy if the price isn't too absurd.
Perhaps you're right. Something's look way better in person and I'd love to see a video of it

To ME the sword sorta looks too big and almost out of place. That's all. Otherwise I love it. I'd just like there to be an option to not display it with the sword. I don't need a whip either. Just the Balrog would be nice.

Yes please post more pics. The sculpt is amazing

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea.

I would have much preferred the whip to the sword but if the original statue had the whip then I can understand them wanting to try something different.

Put the Dwarf from the Snow Troll in his hand or the Gondorian soldier from the old SSW Battle Troll

Some are the same angle. I just played with certain things to see if I got better clarity and such.

IMG_0311 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0314 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0319 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0335 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0336 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0339 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0353 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0356 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0358 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0360 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0363 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_0366 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

Holy crap those colours are amazing! And to be honest that sword doesn't look bad at all now. I think the HD pics help a LOT

Wow, great photos Josh. Those flames look nice and vibrant, protos always look so damn good. He's even got flames on his wingtips.

I want! :lol

Thanks :duff I'm really really pleased with this years first part of the pics I took. For me I feel they're some of my best SDCC photos ever.

Back