Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Arkham City

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What caption?

image.jpg

If it was a solid piece, one would expec some sort of articulation under the arms up past the shoulders to move the arms properly for the articulation needed for this figure, there would be no ab crunch. It'd be basically a statue

If there's one thing it's definitely not, is a full rubber body

Regardless… if this is a good material I will absolutely preorder this!

Maybe the returns line will come after this.

I mean they have already done a Burton Batman. Maybe they wanted to do the videogame one first as it's a format of Batman they haven't done yet we all know the Burton fans will buy the Returns one whenever it comes out given the price is reasonable and quality good.

I love the Arkham games and I'm really interested but yea the rubber is really a huge concern given the ED situation. Look forward to seeing how this looks at SDCC. If he looks solid a Joker and Bane figure could be really cool. Maybe even Hugo Strange.

Maybe the returns line will come after this.

I mean they have already done a Burton Batman. Maybe they wanted to do the videogame one first as it's a format of Batman they haven't done yet we all know the Burton fans will buy the Returns one whenever it comes out regardless.

Fixed.

As far as the rubber is concerned, I don't think anyone here are being fear mongers.

Hot Toys track record isn't very good. You might have OC Batman and DX 09 Batman be problem free, but they're exceptions to the rule. Look at the recent debacle with ED-209. Hot Toys was well aware that their 2006 version had rubber problems. Fans voiced their concern for years. So what did they do? They release a brand new one in 2013. Collectors give them a heads up for an entire year, stating things like "what material is it", "please, no rubber", "better use plastic". Then 2 months ago, the final product was released and . . . it is rubber, and . . . it's deteriorating like a mother****er.

Having no experience with the rubber suits, I will say you guys are making me a little worried about this one. But I would rather be given honest info like this, than just have the fanboy slobbering over it ignoring any potential issues. I may still get it, but I feel like going in I am better informed. So thanks.

I'm having a hard time remembering many rubber suits over the last few years to gauge their success rate. Seems like they've moved toward cloth when possible, with the DX-12, and the Captain America figures for instance. But figures I know had these issues include the Rocky and Rambo figures, Drake from Aliens, Chris Redfield and Sheva from Resident Evil, DX-02 (leaky abs leading to rubber deterioration), the Comedian, Leonidas, Hellboy and Abe Sapien, Dutch, both ED-209 releases, I think joints on the old Robocop gave folks problems. Figures that I don't recall hearing problems about are the MMS Batman figures, the Toy Fair version (though that one felt cheap, and he had problems with brittle plastic), and the '89 figure. Apart from the Toy Fair Batman and Dutch, I've gotten rid of all the figures with major rubber components in my collection. I loved that Hellboy, but with the rubber and brittle red plastic it scared me to death.

I'll start a deterioration thread in advance for this one. :wave

As for Returns, we all knew we wouldn't be seeing any until the end of the year if not later. HT recently said those weren't priorities at the moment.

Well, holy snot.... I can't believe this is seeing the light of day. Seriously, I thought this was as dead as a door nail but for me it might be too little too late.
The origins suit is far superior to this version and it could be made without using rubber. I guess, maybe I'll see that around 2017? Or not, whatever. On a side note, I was lucky with my Dark Knight Batman figure. He never started to decompose, but I sold him off anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back