Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Arkham City

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you guys compare apples to apples. The 89 batman suit is doing fine. Stop comparing it to a random shoulder joint in a massive robot.
Sounds like you might not be familiar with HT's long, shameful history with bad rubber. Goes back to the first muscle bodies they used, and manifested itself in different ways over the years, including with their DX-02 Batman.

Sounds like you might not be familiar with HT's long, shameful history with bad rubber. Goes back to the first muscle bodies they used, and manifested itself in different ways over the years, including with their DX-02 Batman.

I could be completely wrong but that is what this looks like.... not a suit / costume at all but a solid rubber body. That is what scares me about this figure, unless it is the PVC they used for the hulk.

I could be completely wrong but that is what this looks like.... not a suit / costume at all but a solid rubber body. That is what scares me about this figure, unless it is the PVC they used for the hulk.
Most likely a rubber suit. This is the way they've handled outfits like this in the past (including various Batman suits). Some seem fine. Some have problems. It's a crap shoot with HT.

******ing rubber! :mad: good job I'm looking for reasons not to spend money cause if this was fabric I couldn't resist, and Joker without Batman is pointless so thats two purchases likely avoided for me....

....until it's revealed and I change my mind :lol

But why the complaints about the 'pleather' cape? Are there issues with that material as well?

There are variations in the quality of pleather, as long as they used a good quality pleather it's going to be fine.

Because HT's apples are not always the same apples they serve. You can't blame some of us for having fears regarding their unpredictable and inconsistent choice of materials.

^Pretty much.

The only figure I'd want from this series is a Harley Quinn.

640px-Harley_Quinn_in_Arkham_City.jpg

And some thugs. But not much chance of seeing them.

How, from one cropped picture, does this look like a solid rubber body? They use the rubber bodies for figures who aren't wearing a something covering their arms/chest correct? Like Rambo / Rocky etc... Every HT Batman figure has been a suit on top of a body, no reason to assume they suddenly changed that now.

I may get this. I expect it will come with a few other face plates, including the poisoned one with the veins. It would be really cool if it came with a Bruce Wayne / cowl-pulled-off head too, but he appears so briefly like that that I doubt they'll include it.

My instant happiness upon seeing this announcement crushed the moment I saw that the suit seems to be rubber. :(

Least we're getting something. I'm hoping that the caption of the photo also means Joker is right around the corner.

Yeah, no way this isn't rubber. Just look at the elbow region on the right arm with how the suit bends.

A Titan poisoned face or Bruce sculpt would be great. I know it wouldn't be accurate, but I wonder how the cowl, cape, gloves, gauntlets, belt and boots would look on the Sideshow Batman costume. That'd remedy any rubber problems for a kick ass comic/game fuse.

Perhaps material issues for the costume are the reason it s been delayed for so long.Ca nt we just enjoy the fact it s actually here before we start slanting it?

Perhaps material issues for the costume are the reason it s been delayed for so long.Ca nt we just enjoy the fact it s actually here before we start slanting it?

It is like I said… I could be wrong… and want to be wrong. It just looks very solid from the picture that is all that I am going by.

It is like I said… I could be wrong… and want to be wrong. It just looks very solid from the picture that is all that I am going by.

If it was a solid piece, one would expec some sort of articulation under the arms up past the shoulders to move the arms properly for the articulation needed for this figure, there would be no ab crunch. It'd be basically a statue

If there's one thing it's definitely not, is a full rubber body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back