1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I can't wait for the destruction videos that people will eventually post of these for faulty merchandise/ packaging etc...:monkey1

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I can't wait for the destruction videos that people will eventually post of these for faulty merchandise/ packaging etc...:monkey1

I wonder if the weight of the diecast suits could end up breaking these things... maybe thats a little crazy, but these things don't look like something that could last a few years

Anyone know which armor the translucent blue/green one is?

I wonder if the weight of the diecast suits could end up breaking these things... maybe thats a little crazy, but these things don't look like something that could last a few years

thats what I was thinking, but then Iron Patriot and War Machine didnt show this problem

Folks in HK are saying these will be $450 HKD, so roughly $60 US before SS's markup.

Anyone know which armor the translucent blue/green one is?

Custom IM Holographic2.jpg

Thank you Venom!'

I just can't get over how damn cheap these things look. Not that I'd want one for every armor even if they looked perfect but Styrofoam....really?

I highly doubt that is made of styrofoam.. Maybe a hard plastic?:dunno. The weight of that base plus a figure would be too much to hold

I highly doubt that is made of styrofoam.. Maybe a hard plastic?:dunno. The weight of that base plus a figure would be too much to hold

That was my first reaction too.. but when you look at this photo

10559843_10152197309692344_2564145136649002123_n.jpg

those circles on the side walls are something you see in styrofoam injection molding

Yep, my money's on Styrofoam, too. Man, HT has really got IM fans' number if they'll pay $60.00 US (guessing $80.00 after SSC mark-up) a piece for these. Would love to know what HT's cost on these per unit is. I bet it would shock even the most jaded of us. :lol

And as someone else mentioned, those IM3 stickers on the base make this look even cheaper.

Yep, my money's on Styrofoam, too. Man, HT has really got IM fans' number if they'll pay $60.00 US (guessing $80.00 after SSC mark-up) a piece for these. Would love to know what HT's cost on these per unit is. I bet it would shock even the most jaded of us. :lol

And as someone else mentioned, those IM3 stickers on the base make this look even cheaper.

I agree this looks extremely cheap. I don't know if this was in the movie but they also do not have the "glass" cover.

I like the "glass" cover to prevent dust....

Yeah, you would definitely want these in an enclosed cabinet... stacked three or four high on a shelf or something would not only be dusty, but if they ever fell it would be a sickening feeling.

This has me wondering how long until HT starts shipping their Iron Mans loose and charging a premium for a box and insert. :lol

If it is styrofoam and they're charging $60+, this must be HT's experiment to see if they can print money.

I just confirmed that the angle of the triangular piece is 15 degrees.

Based on that you could put 12 in a circle.

If it is styrofoam and they're charging $60+, this must be HT's experiment to see if they can print money.

:lol

I don't see how styrofoam would hold up over time if these were stacked 2,3,4 high with plastic and Diecast figures plus the bases.

Its definitely styrofoam. Do you own any of the Diecast figures? Look at the packaging. Same exact material.

Granted it is particularly durable styrofoam. Kind of a plasticy feel and a tiny bit mailable. But still styrofoam in the end.

:lol

I don't see how styrofoam would hold up over time if these were stacked 2,3,4 high with plastic and Diecast figures plus the bases.

Styrofoam can be very strong. My 800 pound gun safe came with Styrofoam in each corner and it kept the safe suspended about 4" from the bottom of the box

If you used adhesive to connect these it would create a very rigid display unit

Back