Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's unlikely there will be a satisfactory out come to this so what about anybody making a replacement? I assume somebody has?

I would take a replacement figure if it's from a revised batch.

Unlikely to happen. These things are already out there. It's the rubber quality that's messing everything up. It's probably cheap, and unlikely to have been modified/changed tons better one.

This figure is doomed.

mines okay thus far but i think im gonna do the epoxy sculpt over mod those fellas did from the original release once the inevitable does happen..

I just uploaded my pics at Hot Toys Collectors over at Facebook and linked them in the following post to HT:

"Hi there you all at Hot Toys.

I´m wishing you a good and successful time at the San Diego Comic Con and that all works well for you, your endeavors and all future projects, but and here´s my subject, I really hope that you won´t forget who you are doing this for.
What am I talking about?
The recent rubber problems of your recently released 1:6 ED-209 collectible figure.
I just shared a bunch of pictures showing my 1 1/2 month old figure, with micro and wider spreading cracks all over it and the problem worsens and I´m not the only one. The problem spreads globally and there are people with problems on that figure that border the case of the old ED-209.

All you´re currently writing is that you´re inspecting the matter and that you can only refund a piece when it is directly purchased from you, or your official channels, but I think and don´t get me wrong here, that you don´t get the problem.

You know how we, the collectors, always gleefully buy from you, cause you´re the best at what you´re doing, despite your mistakes and how we cheered when you announced the collectible figures for RoboCop.

We don´t want our money back, we want a solution and a universal one it should be, not only for the guys who bought officially.
Official, or unofficial...you got the money from us all and that was also the case with the DX-02, back in the day.

I didn´t buy from you directly, but you offered a universal solution:
An exchangable body, which I got.
So why not think about better lasting rubber sleeves for the arms and legs, which have been proved staying healthy long term and a dome out of plastic for ED-209.

You did it before and you know that we´re thankful, IF you answer ok and personally and not only with copy/pasted stuff, cause that is no way to treat your faithful customers.

You are always pleased to announce new figures.
Please us and help us.

I invite you also to check the following groups for photos of the problem:
Hot Toys Ed209 V2 Rubber is Rotting
Hot Toys Collectors
Mark Osr

There you will also find my photos.

best regards
Tim McElroy
(not real name)"

Don´t know if something´s comming out of it, but better done something then nothing and also doing it respectfully, cause we all know:
The Chinese like it nice and respectful.

So here´s hope.

With all of the big license announcements from Hot Toys (Star Wars, BTTF...) the outcome of this needs to affect future production on those big moneymakers. Imagine rubber deterioration happening on Star Wars figures there will be blood :(

yeah, just returned my ED....very sad......as its a beautiful piece. I will now have to think twice before buying up coming items from them......sux

So I have the cracks throughout the leg accordion joints, but everywhere else seem to be fine.

If the cracks just stay more or less the same, then my enjoyment of it overall trumps getting my money back.

Tough decision.

Hot Toys can still make this right if they send everyone with the new ED a replacement plasticized dome (with proof of purchase, either through E-Bay etc., SS or other distributors)

it will NEVER happen :mad:

Well that had to happen the account i used to create the dedicated facebook page has been locked they are asking me for profile verification.
You can insult religions and post grue dome vidéos but dont critisize a company... Bravo facebook.
Need to see what i can do...

Might be a good idea to add to the first post those rubber protectant ive seen used here and the original ed thread.

Please does anybody have both Ed209 and can tell me if the dome dimensions are the sale or close :)
Thanks

I really hope that you won´t forget who you are doing this for.
Howard Chans bank balance.
you don´t get the problem.
They don't care.
you´re the best at what you´re doing, despite your mistakes
For now....
So why not think about better lasting rubber sleeves for the arms and legs, which have been proved staying healthy long term
The rubber they make car doorseals out of lasts for years in harsh conditions, but it might cost more than $1.50 to make, so that's not a viable solution. :rolleyes:

I'll be there. Not sure who will attend this year (Howard hasn't in the past but Raymond has, but it depends on schedules and I believe he won't be there this year), but I'll be bringing it up.

Did you have a chance to inquire directly on this?

I checked mine and so far so good... didn't notice any drying or cracking on any of the rubber parts. I owned the original ED and it had some cracking but never got as bad as some of the ones I've seen, so hopefully I'll be lucky again.

If not I'd definitely be interested in replacement parts. I don't plan to be w/o ED, so if I'm stuck having to pay $100 or more to get a dome that won't rot, then so be it.

I'd love to get a fabric wrapped one, I seem to recall someone doing that for the original ED.

This is exactly why I decided not to order this thing. Was too worried it would end up the same as the old one. Damn shame.

Saw this on Instagram.

image.jpg

IKR? The moron think that Sideshow can produce something that awesome and complex.

Back