1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a6egujy4.jpg

Is this Hot Toys Prototype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had the prototype at SDCC.

Actually, wait. You meant Hot Toys. Sorry. You weren't remotely clear.

Unless the previous picture is Hot toys prototype then you must not know what HT means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're vaguely talking about Hot Toys in a Sideshow figure thread. It's on you.

You're vaguely talking about Hot Toys in a Sideshow figure thread. It's on you.
:thud: your right been actually thinking for the past week HT was doing another Luke. Could of said that from the start. Honestly I thought wrong.

Thanks for the pix Rubio, can't give you any rep so how about a hug? :1-1:

Some people were wondering if the boots would be in 2 parts for better articulation and from this picture it looks like it is. Did you notice?

Grabbed a couple shots yesterday. I tried to get up under the visor to see more of the face sculpt. Wasn't happening lol!

Have at it (+rep appreciated!)

031.jpg

:thud: your right been actually thinking for the past week HT was doing another Luke. Could of said that from the start. Honestly I thought wrong.

No worries, Rocko!

I figured there'd be an explosion of pics of this fig over the weekend. I guess not. But I hope mine help. And yes, the boots (at this time, at least) are one-piece.

And thanks for the love across threads, Outlander!

I'd give some leeway to anything color related on these figures due to the mixed lighting around the display. The overhead lights and LEDs inside the display will cause a lot of problems trying to white-balance most photos.

I'd give some leeway to anything color related on these figures due to the mixed lighting around the display. The overhead lights and LEDs inside the display will cause a lot of problems trying to white-balance most photos.

Correct. The LEDs that were used to illuminate the figures had a slightly bluish tint.

When i take photos at booths like that, I never, ever use flash, and I don't try to color-correct the photos in post-processing, either.

The results may have an ever-so-slight blue coloring.

You can really see the LED color cast in the boots. If it were only the LEDs with a cool temp it would be easy to correct, but the problems are compounded by the overhead lighting which I don't believe matches the LEDs at all. Multiple different light sources are a killer problem to deal with in pre or post. I gave it a go in Lightroom with some improvement, but I can tell it wasn't perfect.

Back