XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm... I wasn't really feeling this piece at first but it has grown on me. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

What is the situation:)? What is the secret which is spread on public by whom? Who cares:)? What is the benefit of knowing too much than the others? I don't care:) I only care if I can purchase these awesome XM products or not:)

I think the initial poster was alluding to the fact (or at least in my situation) , not everybody has 57 hours a day to spend on the internet and check sources and pop over to facebook, what about statue forum? what about.....this stuff, so the odd comment on a thread a couple of times a week might be the limit of their knowledge. I know personally from my point of view, you spend half the time on this site weeding through mountains of absolute rubbish to get to the real info if you want it, which funnily enough, is usually diddly squat more than you knew last week.

Now I'm personally not having a go at any individual because posts seem to grow arms and legs, but when you pop on here once every couple of day's like I do and you see the Magneto thread (or whichever thead it is) has 28 new pages - you're like wow! Great news, then you spend the next 25 minutes reading about - "it could be this", "insider information", "I got told", "This is really bad business practice!" and you're just left scratching your head as to WTF is really happening or if it's all just the usual SS freaks guff.

Usually I just leave and wait for a post with pictures on it - :lol

This is a board for talking about statue's for sure, but half the time (again me personally) I feel like a lot of the information can be really mis-leading.....but then you don't want to miss out because it might sell out, it's a vicious circle....:thud:

I will say though in defence to everyone on the site, XM's situation is not really normal, they've got stuff that we really want, that they really want to give us but some rule is standing in the way of that, it's like we have to dance around the laws when it would be better for everyone if we could just buy the things.

I think the initial poster was alluding to the fact (or at least in my situation) , not everybody has 57 hours a day to spend on the internet and check sources and pop over to facebook, what about statue forum? what about.....this stuff, so the odd comment on a thread a couple of times a week might be the limit of their knowledge. I know personally from my point of view, you spend half the time on this site weeding through mountains of absolute rubbish to get to the real info if you want it, which funnily enough, is usually diddly squat more than you knew last week.

Now I'm personally not having a go at any individual because posts seem to grow arms and legs, but when you pop on here once every couple of day's like I do and you see the Magneto thread (or whichever thead it is) has 28 new pages - you're like wow! Great news, then you spend the next 25 minutes reading about - "it could be this", "insider information", "I got told", "This is really bad business practice!" and you're just left scratching your head as to WTF is really happening or if it's all just the usual SS freaks guff.

Usually I just leave and wait for a post with pictures on it - :lol

This is a board for talking about statue's for sure, but half the time (again me personally) I feel like a lot of the information can be really mis-leading.....but then you don't want to miss out because it might sell out, it's a vicious circle....:thud:

I will say though in defence to everyone on the site, XM's situation is not really normal, they've got stuff that we really want, that they really want to give us but some rule is standing in the way of that, it's like we have to dance around the laws when it would be better for everyone if we could just buy the things.

Bottom line is that XM has created much of this hysteria. First, their edition sizes are very low. They won't put out more than 999 statues of any character. However, I do enjoy the low ES. Especially when the cost of these pieces aren't cheap. Factor in retailers, emerging European distribution, and all of us clamoring for their pieces that are outside of their territories...we'll have a harder time than ever securing XM merch. Not to mention, XM has now basically cut off pre-sales of their items. So, things are going to get real interesting moving forward.

You mean pre-sales through the forum members I didn't know that. Not that it bothers me, in fact it's better that way.

I don't know if the forum members are included or not but I remember Bryan (works for XM) saying that XM would change the way ordering is done after what happened with the Mags PO. Now we have dates that are scheduled for all the future pieces XM has on the table. Also, XM is now able to distribute to Europe as well. Ordering XM merch is getting trickier and more difficult for everyone outside their territories. Possibly even for our forum members. However, I don't want to speak on any of their behalves. The best thing to do is contact one of them and see if there's anything they can do for you.

I am so happy that I have a good attitude towards this hobby again. I lost it for a while and was very pessimistic but I got my groove back. :yess: Feel sorry for those who seem so disgruntled still. I was there before so I understand. I'm just saying it feels so good to be back on track and excited again.

I am so happy that I have a good attitude towards this hobby again. I lost it for a while and was very pessimistic but I got my groove back. :yess: Feel sorry for those who seem so disgruntled still. I was there before so I understand. I'm just saying it feels so good to be back on track and excited again.

:hi5: Thats what this hobby should do, bring joy and happyness. oooh, and empty wallet :rotfl

:clap :goodpost:

I know exactly what you mean man. The excitement that builds up to the release. Hoping that XM is listening to our thoughts on making something great even better. Knowing that quality is almost a guarentee and seeing characters we've been waiting for forever come to life like never before! Now if only I was as enthusiastic about what we have to spend to get them here :lol

I know exactly what you mean man. The excitement that builds up to the release. Hoping that XM is listening to our thoughts on making something great even better. Knowing that quality is almost a guarentee and seeing characters we've been waiting for forever come to life like never before! Now if only I was as enthusiastic about what we have to spend to get them here :lol

that's the thing, when your feeling good price almost doesn't matter Now, if only XM and SS could work out this licensing issue I would be a happy camper.

That's the line that's going to hit my wallet the most. I badly want to add Cyke, Phoenix, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Storm to my 1/4 collection.

Pheonix and a Chromed Colossus would be high atop of my list. But who am I kidding!! When It comes to XM I am a slut! I want them all :lol

Im so excited thinking about it I feel ready to leave my job and go to Singapore. Wonder what kind of jobs I could get there.

Did someone say slut? :lol When it comes to X-Men, I'm as easy as it gets.

Back