Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rimshot.gif

yeah, Tamashii is about 90 degrees of motion, the SSC will be about 30 degrees.

"Over here!" (sandcrawler) and "Wait for me!" (Hoth evac) are two moments that immediately come to mind, but SSC has designed the arms to be right in the middle of the range, so instead of 0 degrees to 90 degrees like the Tamashii, you will have maybe 30 degrees to 60 degrees, so it's a good range.

I think the larger concern is how durable it will be - tiny plastic pins pushing the piston. Anyone who has really handled the SSC IG-88 knows it feels a bit delicate and 3PO's joint is going to require very delicate handling (i.e. helping the piston slide with your fingers, not just bending the arm.)

He also raises his arms in the boussh scene like he's being 'robbed' in Rotj. That's what i'll need from the figure to work for my display.
Hope these pistons can stand up to the various display options we all have in mind :pray:

Historically, Sideshow does great with the non human figures. Its their human figures (based on final production) we all need to worry about. Happy with the look of this C-3P0

Historically Hot Toys produced some hideous figures, in terms of face sculpt, paint apps, tailoring and packaging. Things change for everyone, Hot Toys isn't the exception here. In the back of my mind I've had a nagging sentiment for a long time now. Be careful what you wish for.

C'mon, you could post that comment again and replace the words "Hot Toys" with the words "Side Show" or "Medicom" and it would ring just as true.

Lets just wait and see. I'm certainly not defending Ht either, I have ED209, both the mars attacks figures.. etc

C'mon, you could post that comment again and replace the words "Hot Toys" with the words "Side Show" or "Medicom" and it would ring just as true.

Lets just wait and see.

I think that was his point. From what I've seen the accuracy and quality of Star Wars collectibles from every company at every price point remains inconsistent even within their own lines; so while some of us (myself included) have high hopes for Hot Toys, one never knows.

My only critique I noticed from re watching movie is it should be more yellow gold and less brass but I can live with it.

Did 3PO ever bend his arms more than that in any of the movies? ;) I don't recall his arm ever being perfectly straight either - so even if it was at some point, the fact I don't recall it is good - for this figure. ;)

I am watching movie now and only in some spots does he extend arms like obi wans hut. Most of time it's bent. But you do see movement in bend.

The actor said he had very little movement in the plastic suit.

I hope to be wrong, but Tamashii c3po (I've the tamashii so I'm not entirely impartial) imho looks far a lot! (far like the Lucas galaxy) :r2d2line

Back