Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need red snapper to go to double of triple rewards then I'll bite. I pay ca tax and have about $200 in free SS dollars...then he shall be mine...

Told you he was sick in person, :lol Damn python is looking boss, I might just steel that pose.

:lecture You did, and I agree Python looks great.

These figures look so much better when they are displayed without a stand, I wish I could display all my IM like that but I won't take a chance on the ankle joints failing.

I do have all my MOS figs posed without stands though lol.

I need red snapper to go to double of triple rewards then I'll bite. I pay ca tax and have about $200 in free SS dollars...then he shall be mine...

:lol Good luck, I tried to wait for the Gantry to go on 2x or 3x rewards and it never happened. Sideshow won that battle after a few years. :cuss

I passed on the po because my wife didn't like it. Last time I listen to her lol. Good thing I got on the wait list 5 minutes after it sold out

Haha, she owes you now!

I think his bigger thighs are perfect, the other HT IMs makes it seems only a really skinny tall person fits inside.

:lecture You did, and I agree Python looks great.

These figures look so much better when they are displayed without a stand, I wish I could display all my IM like that but I won't take a chance on the ankle joints failing.

Is it that the newer ones have better joints and so could be displayed this way more readily than the older ones, or its a general worry that the ankles will go / they wont be stable enough and fall in general?

Is it that the newer ones have better joints and so could be displayed this way more readily than the older ones, or its a general worry that the ankles will go / they wont be stable enough and fall in general?

I don't even know why people worry about it.

They're ball and socket joints. Pop the feet off, stick a tiny bit of Blu-Tac in the socket, pop the feet back on, and they'll be the best joints on your figure.

They're ball and socket joints. Pop the feet off, stick a tiny bit of Blu-Tac in the socket, pop the feet back on, and they'll be the best joints on your figure.

True and I personally have not seen any ankle/joint problems in the Iron Man HT's over time and a buddy of mine has been collecting since they started has most armors and majority not on the stands in detolfs and still seem to hold up great

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + P...

The latter.

People worry about it bc if your figure takes a shelf dive it can get damaged. Common sense really. And if it's an older suit, it's likely sold out so you'd have to pay out the ass to get a replacement.

Jamming craft tack inside my figures is not appealing to me, and it still does not guarantee they won't topple.

And the latest post in the Mk 7 thread is a collector who's figure took a dive so apparently it does happen to newer figs.

Last edited:
The latter.

People worry about it bc if your figure takes a shelf dive it can get damaged. Common sense really. And if it's an older suit, it's likely sold out so you'd have to pay out the ass to get a replacement.

Jamming craft tack inside my figures is not appealing to me, and it still does not guarantee they won't topple.

I'm not sure if they're are any alternatives :dunno

I'm not sure if they're are any alternatives :dunno

I make my own larger bases

You could take this one step further and make the base the size of the glass shelf and then drill holes for the stabilizing post and only use that part.

You would have to come up with a display arrangement with spacing that worked for a variety o poses for the displayed figures

Or if you have wood shelves you could just drill the holes in the shelf.

If you want me to do a quick mock for 3 figures post the size of an Deltolf Shelf

I make my own larger bases

You could take this one step further and make the base the size of the glass shelf and then drill holes for the stabilizing post and only use that part.

You would have to come up with a display arrangement with spacing that worked for a variety o poses for the displayed figures

Or if you have wood shelves you could just drill the holes in the shelf.

If you want me to do a quick mock for 3 figures post the size of an Deltolf Shelf

I may be reading that incorrectly, but my original point was that I'd like to able to display the figures without any stands or posts whatsoever without fear of shelf diving accidents.

Custom stands are great but idk how that would help. :dunno

My mark 4 has really loose ankles, and I was told it's a common thing. Actually some of my marvel figures that I bought brand new had loose ankles, Last Stand Wolverine, and Rescue Captain America.

It's common from what I understand as well. I'm pretty sure I recall Barry using craft tack under every IM figure he has b/c of the issue.

I may be reading that incorrectly, but my original point was that I'd like to able to display the figures without any stands or posts whatsoever without fear of shelf diving accidents.

Custom stands are great but idk how that would help. :dunno

I know you would like to eliminate the entire base but I think if you just had the posts with the claws(?) they would hardly be noticeable.

You would have the ability to have multiple figures in a variety of dynamic poses without the bases getting in the way.

Can you imagine a couple figures in the forefront and a single figure on the Dynamic Post in the back in an awesome hover pose?

Back