XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High demand and instant sell outs is as a good a corner to be painted in as any.

True, but I still feel that a slightly higher editon size would not change the demand, nor the sellout potential, only their bottom line. It would just give more collectors, old & new, a better, more realistic chance to get in on the action.

1500 is fine unless your 1501, then that person will say "I think the ES should be 2500".... so where does it stop?

Besides XM came into this game saying "Hey this is who we are, this is what we will do and this is our promise to collectors".

They've stated they don't want to get big and as a fan of their products, I don't want them to get big either. The bigger they get, the more we lose what we essentially like about them. I'm sure its tough for them to keep up with the quality on a 800 sized statue (compared to their lower numbers). I can't imagine how it would be for them to keep that same level of quality with edition sizes into the thousands just for one statue. My reason for not wanting them to get bigger with larger edition sizes is because of quality concerns and the fear of them losing that connection with their fans. My reasons aren't for being part of an exclusive group or rarity otherwise I'd stick to customs. If you are that way though, that's perfectly fine.

True, but I still feel that a slightly higher editon size would not change the demand, nor the sellout potential, only their bottom line. It would just give more collectors, old & new, a better, more realistic chance to get in on the action.

Adding 500 or 1,000 pieces may change the quality of the products released across the board for worse. With eight or more statues already announced you're asking them to produce another 8,000 units that match and/or surpass the quality they're already achieving, and even more with any new announcments. Not worth the risk imo. XM probably set the ES fully knowing what they can and cannot handle, I do not believe they picked '999' because it looks cool but I may be mistaken.

They've stated they don't want to get big and as a fan of their products, I don't want them to get big either. The bigger they get, the more we lose what we essentially like about them. I'm sure its tough for them to keep up with the quality on a 800 sized statue (compared to their lower numbers). I can't imagine how it would be for them to keep that same level of quality with edition sizes into the thousands just for one statue. My reason for not wanting them to get bigger with larger edition sizes is because of quality concerns and the fear of them losing that connection with their fans. My reasons aren't for being part of an exclusive group or rarity otherwise I'd stick to customs. If you are that way though, that's perfectly fine.
Agree the only reason im willing to pay more is for good quality and control, xm has already said there editions will never go over 1000, I just hope they stick with there principals and stay true unlike alot of companies out there and I have full confidence they will!

There's a lot of stuff to go through here that I seem to have missed this morning lol.

My only gripe with this is that these coins aren't going to people who ordered early and got passed on the first time around for a coin. I am fine with Simply Toys selling 5 extra Magnetos in bundles, but I the coins should go to the next 5 people in line who didn't get one during the initial order.

Adding 500 or 1,000 pieces may change the quality of the products released across the board for worse. With eight or more statues already announced you're asking them to produce another 8,000 units that match and/or surpass the quality they're already achieving, and even more with any new announcments. Not worth the risk imo. XM probably set the ES fully knowing what they can and cannot handle, I do not believe they picked '999' because it looks cool but I may be mistaken.

Again, the increase may not be justified for all characters, but certainly the heavy hitters. And a small increase of an additional 500 units X $850.00 (?) would put an additional $425,000 in their war chest. Plenty of profit to hire additional qualified artists to safeguard the superior quality of their product.

Again, the increase may not be justified for all characters, but certainly the heavy hitters. And a small increase of an additional 500 units X $850.00 (?) would put an additional $425,000 in their war chest. Plenty of profit to hire additional qualified artists to safeguard the superior quality of their product.

it+s+not+about+the+money+_c12e45b923dede0603587df8dea12ca0.jpg

Welp it's unfortunate this one got a very limited release despite the fact that XM is only licensed within Malaysia and everyone outside of it is trying to grab one.

*still working on letting this Mag statue go* *cries*

Well done by Ann from ST in explaining their position. I love that XM has a cap of 999. Allows XM to keep a tight control over QC and the statue stays rare. It is all about building their brand. I sincerely hope they keep to their mission statement and resist the temptation to become another Sideshow.

Well done by Ann from ST in explaining their position. I love that XM has a cap of 999. Allows XM to keep a tight control over QC and the statue stays rare. It is all about building their brand. I sincerely hope they keep to their mission statement and resist the temptation to become another Sideshow.

:goodpost::exactly:

I've got to say: I bought and loved the XM Cap. I've had Black Widow pre-ordered for months now. And I managed to be fortunate enough to get a pre-order for Magneto. But I may be done with XM after that. This is simply becoming too big of a headache. I want Thor and Thanos (and maybe Wolverine), but I've sent e-mails and PMs to the people here who are supposed to be the gods of pre-ordering and heard no response (I know, they're swamped). SimplyToys' subscription plan seems nuts to me. That leaves what? *Trying* to get in with BBTS, or seeing if I can get one of the few that SpecFiction and Secret Compass get?

It's a shame, but I just want to place a #*^%$ order and know I'll get my statue. Not a scurry around like a scavenger and hope I can get one. This is causing me anxiety, and it's not worth it to me. It's ruining the experience for me.

Hi Coffee Papa Bear,

thank you for writing. There are only a handful of retailers who have ordered XM studios items from us in Malaysia. We have pre allocated Magnetos to all retailers based on the order history of XM items. I am sure the particular retailer has chosen the easy way out by putting the blame on us. If he has ordered 3 old statues from us in the past, he would have gotten 1 Magneto. If he has ordered 3 statues and placed and order for 10 Magneto statues, there is no way we can supply these 10 without antagonising other retailers whom have been allocated as well. We have heard so many rumors circulating and I was even advised by XM studios to stop these retailers for putting up such false accusations. You can send me an email at [email protected] and cc the retailer you are dealing with. We will ask the retailer via email and ask him if what he has told you is true. I have nothing to hide and I do not wish others to speak falsely about us, affecting our reputation. You should always hear from both sides to get to the bottom of the story.

The retailer probably placed an order on Friday night. We do not work on weekends and is back to work only on Monday. We no longer have Magneto statues available for sale on our website by early afternoon around 1/2pm?

I strongly suggest you write an email to us and cc the retailer in question to clarify this situation.

Regards,
Ann
Simply Toys LLP

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your response. To clarify most of us ask the retailer if we can order Magneto in Friday morning. They revert to tell us that they need to check and then confirm to us that order is secured. Only thing they cant guarantee is that if it comes with coin. You are right that there is only a handful of shop that order from you in Malaysia because there is only a few shop due to the relative small market here. Saying that the statue colector community here is small and retailers here run a higher risk in cancelling confirmed orders as they run the risk of losing these customer. The cancellation not only affected me but alot of other long time collectors and in a few shops. I can also say for certain that most if not all of the long time collecters has their order cancelled.

I m not going to send an email to you guys copying the retailer. As I mention you guys are to big to offend over here and the retailers here rely fully on you guys on their statue stock. By sending the email I will jepordise their business.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your response. To clarify most of us ask the retailer if we can order Magneto in Friday morning. They revert to tell us that they need to check and then confirm to us that order is secured. Only thing they cant guarantee is that if it comes with coin. You are right that there is only a handful of shop that order from you in Malaysia because there is only a few shop due to the relative small market here. Saying that the statue colector community here is small and retailers here run a higher risk in cancelling confirmed orders as they run the risk of losing these customer. The cancellation not only affected me but alot of other long time collectors and in a few shops. I can also say for certain that most if not all of the long time collecters has their order cancelled.

I m not going to send an email to you guys copying the retailer. As I mention you guys are to big to offend over here and the retailers here rely fully on you guys on their statue stock. By sending the email I will jepordise their business.

Hi Coffee Papa Bear, I will have to check with my colleague who is in charge of wholesale to find out what he has said exactly to retailers. Will see him in an hour or so. Will definitely come back with an answer after I have clarified with him the contents of the exact conversation.

Regards,
Ann

I've got to say: I bought and loved the XM Cap. I've had Black Widow pre-ordered for months now. And I managed to be fortunate enough to get a pre-order for Magneto. But I may be done with XM after that. This is simply becoming too big of a headache. I want Thor and Thanos (and maybe Wolverine), but I've sent e-mails and PMs to the people here who are supposed to be the gods of pre-ordering and heard no response (I know, they're swamped). SimplyToys' subscription plan seems nuts to me. That leaves what? *Trying* to get in with BBTS, or seeing if I can get one of the few that SpecFiction and Secret Compass get?

It's a shame, but I just want to place a #*^%$ order and know I'll get my statue. Not a scurry around like a scavenger and hope I can get one. This is causing me anxiety, and it's not worth it to me. It's ruining the experience for me.

Hi PeepsChicken, I am not sure if you are aware we have this form for those only interested in specific upcoming statues. You can indicate your interest in individual statues using the form at https://simplytoys.us8.list-manage....ddce0b54831df1af7e&id=1ba75a15b7&e=f7c11c116b. You will be notified as soon as we put up the item for pre-order on our website. Do not worry, the bundle deal is just for a few customers as we do not have so many Magnetos to go around.

Regards,
Ann

Buddy, you have been reading too many comics, & watching too many movies. In the real world, it's always about money. Sad, but true.

Buddy, you've run out of rebuttals for XM raising the ES. They don't want to keep raising the ES incrementally on their statues and become another Sideshow.

Mo money mo problems.

Hi Coffee Papa Bear, I will have to check with my colleague who is in charge of wholesale to find out what he has said exactly to retailers. Will see him in an hour or so. Will definitely come back with an answer after I have clarified with him the contents of the exact conversation.

Regards,
Ann

Hi Ann,

I sent an email to the address you posted this morning. I understand why you are offering the Magneto's the way you are, but I feel it is unfair to offer the coin to people only ordering now over people who ordered a Magneto on day 1 but were not allocated a coin. Can you please offer some explanation why those of us who were already passed over for a coin should be passed over a second time?

I don't mean to just add to the undeserved negativity you have received today. I am very happy to have an order for Magneto with your store, but as my first time ordering with you I am a little perplexed. It sort of feels like getting treated as a second class customer twice.

Anyway, I really do appreciate your presence here in the thread. Personal interaction on boards like this go a long way towards establishing trust and make the consumer experience a better one. So thank you for taking the time!

Buddy, you've run out of rebuttals for XM raising the ES. They don't want to keep raising the ES incrementally on their statues and become another Sideshow.

Mo money mo problems.

Buddy, it will happen anyway. Maybe later than sooner, but it will happen. And if mo money are indeed mo problems, those are problems any company would gladly kill for. And they will. Remember, the real world.

As for them becoming the next SS??? Where, when, & how did you make that leap? They are still a small company, & slightly increasing their edition sizes will not make them another SS. Not even close. That would take multiple lines, & many years in the game to even come close to Sideshows scale & depth.

Back