The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.....I was just about to post the same thing ween. I wonder what it looked like when the doctor looked at it. This show is ****ing awesome. The commercials are still annoying, I want to see moooooore

Ain't it though. So good to have another horror series on after Penny Dreadful concluded its season for the year. I just love The Strain. It's pure vampire horror; no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I loved what they did with Eichorst. Having him require prosthetics to go out in public was great. I never really liked in the book how the master just decided that his physical appearance could remain human for his own benefit. The Redfern vamp was really cool although the shot of eph dodging his stinger was pretty bad. Trying to remember if it used it's stinger to grab onto the iv stand in the book. The bathtub was also pretty gnarly too. We kinda sorta get a glimpse of something black in the toilet which is how they described his junk in the book. Sadly this is FX so with the exception of bare asses and sideboob, it's the best we'll get. I was hoping for a reaction from him though, even as a turning vampire I'd still lose my **** if my junk fell off. Fet is definitely my favourite part of the show so far. I still love how they nailed down that new York accent with a tinge of Russian.

So far the show has definitely grown on me. I've turned off my book knowledge and just enjoy it for what it is. I still hate that French girl talking though.

Jim Kent possible book spoiler so read at own discretion.

Spoiler Spoiler:

When you think about it, none of the survivors have acted with any emotion during any phase of the transformation . Even the lawyer seeing blood in her drink. I would've bolted to the hospital right then, let alone if my junk was turning into a piece of broccoli . Don't know why it's been scripted that way, seems on purpose though. One would think a womanizer who is losing all his physical looks would go mad, maybe even try and commit suicide.

Haven't read the books, but couldn't them not reacting to what's happening to them part of the disease? As with any show you kind of have to let things go. The little girl showing up at her house. Questions as a dad would be how'd you get here? Who brought you? And, turn on some ****ing lights the kids walking like a zombie for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Finally caught eps 2 and 3 and yes the commercials are super annoying, and I'm finding Eph's almost dim-wittedness a bit much as to what's going on, but the rest is super cool. Definitely looking forward to more.

Finally caught eps 2 and 3 and yes the commercials are super annoying, and I'm finding Eph's almost dim-wittedness a bit much as to what's going on, but the rest is super cool. Definitely looking forward to more.

I think that changed, or should have, with this episode. :lol

Haven't read the books, but couldn't them not reacting to what's happening to them part of the disease? As with any show you kind of have to let things go. The little girl showing up at her house. Questions as a dad would be how'd you get here? Who brought you? And, turn on some ****ing lights the kids walking like a zombie for goodness sake.

My thoughts exactly. The disease isn't just a physical transformation. It is also altering the brain and rewriting the way it "thinks".

I think that changed, or should have, with this episode. :lol

:exactly: Eph has been a little "oblivious" as to what is going on around him, but part of that is that he is a little self-absorbed and also all wrapped up in his own personal drama with the custody of his son. That all changes after the end of ep 3.

Last nights ep was 'ok' The story is such that, I don't think the one hour episodic structure (or 40 min ep) is probably the best format for this story. I suspect watching this in a marathon style viewing would really benefit it. Jim Kent's story is definitely different in this episode; they are clearly making a conscience effort to humanize him more and that's pretty cool. Bummed out no Fet this week.

I obviously haven't read any of the books, but I was hoping that Mexican thug, forgot his name, would've joined forces somehow with the old man when he returned that clock. It was a disappointing conversation for me indeed.

I obviously haven't read any of the books, but I was hoping that Mexican thug, forgot his name, would've joined forces somehow with the old man when he returned that clock. It was a disappointing conversation for me indeed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is why I refuse to read the game of thrones books. I'm trying to put the books out of my mind while watching the show but I can't I end up getting annoyed. The worst part is I know I would dig this show a lot more if I hadn't read the books.

That being said, the autopsy scene was great and really shows off the practical fx on the show. I wish they had kept Jim Kent as an actual bad guy instead of him being some poor guilt ridden guy who was only trying to save his wife. I'm assuming next episode we will see something about the attorney as she hasn't been shown the last 2 episodes.

I'm wondering what the point was of introducing this new English hacker girl and this cyber threat thing. You'd think cyber terrorism would be the least of their worries.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I figured, that's why that's the only spoiler I opened.

This is why I refuse to read the game of thrones books. I'm trying to put the books out of my mind while watching the show but I can't I end up getting annoyed. The worst part is I know I would dig this show a lot more if I hadn't read the books.

That being said, the autopsy scene was great and really shows off the practical fx on the show. I wish they had kept Jim Kent as an actual bad guy instead of him being some poor guilt ridden guy who was only trying to save his wife. I'm assuming next episode we will see something about the attorney as she hasn't been shown the last 2 episodes.

I'm wondering what the point was of introducing this new English hacker girl and this cyber threat thing. You'd think cyber terrorism would be the least of their worries.

I actually thought the Wishmaster would've made a better Jim. I mean c'mon, Samwise could never be believed to be a bad guy. The Wishmaster on the other hand, most defn would've fit that role perfectly.

They hired her so that Manhattan is isolated from the rest of the world. This way, they can start infecting the population without the media alerting the rest of the country.

I have read the books and I am still really liking the series.

That's actually a pretty good concept. With online media the way it is, anything like an outbreak would be everywhere. It seems a little ridiculous that one person could do all that. I mean did they watch Hackers before writing this episode?

Enjoying the series. I'm glad I haven't read the books because I know I would be comparing everything.
Finally some killing. Eph saying, "You're dead to me" was kind of corny. Eph's assistant, sorry bad with names, preferring to become them rather than killing them seemed nuts. Loved what the religious wife did to her neighbor. And, what kind of animal cruelty was he going to commit on that dog?

When Ansel gets home from the airport, Anne Marie told him that Gerty got out while he was away but that she came back and was injured as if someone had hit her. He was basically gonna beat the dog with his belt. In the book he snapped a branch off a tree and was going to hit her with it kind of like those switches they used on horses.

Back