The Last Ship - TNT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed watching that bad guy get knifed in the back like the pos he was.

Actually, I was hoping that they would take him prisoner and use him as a human guinea pig. Infect him with the virus and then inject him with the vaccine to see if it works. Monkeys only go so far. Human trials are the only way to be 100% sure. And, its not like we're talking about the fate of the human race or anything.

Idk why they just don't try the vaccine on those already sick people on the island. Not like they have anything to lose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night's episode was the first one that felt like a waste of time. The whole episode was dealing with 'lets look for MONKEYS' and then take down a pedo at the end

Idk why they just don't try the vaccine on those already sick people on the island. Not like they have anything to lose...

Vaccine is preventative. It basically prepares your immune system for the virus so if infected, you'll have antibodies ready to fight and destroy the virus. It wouldn't work on those already sick. They need to test the vaccine on uninfected subjects.

Vaccine is preventative. It basically prepares your immune system for the virus so if infected, you'll have antibodies ready to fight and destroy the virus. It wouldn't work on those already sick. They need to test the vaccine on uninfected subjects.

Wow, my bad... I knew that, wrote that as I was knocking out. Lol I feel stupid...

Actually, I was hoping that they would take him prisoner and use him as a human guinea pig. Infect him with the virus and then inject him with the vaccine to see if it works. Monkeys only go so far. Human trials are the only way to be 100% sure. And, its not like we're talking about the fate of the human race or anything.

That would have been cool as well.

I was disappointed with the last episode a bit. They walk into the camp and one says to the other we should help these people, because they can both see how bad it is, and they seemed to be of this opinion the whole time. Then, after a pretty girl is sent away from the camp by the evil leader to be infected and one of the girls is going to the leaders bed that night, THEN they decide to go back and help??? What did they think was going on there, anyway? Surely that kind of stuff was going on on a regular basis there.
So the thought of a pretty girl in particular motivates them, even though it may have happened before, and boys and women and men were equally at risk and may have already gone through that aren't worthy of changing their priorities?
So pretty girls motivate their compassion, but little boys, women and men don't. Hmm.

It makes them look hypocritical and wishy-washy. If you really want to stand up for people, say it from the beginning, because that's what you really believe in, but don't say they aren't the mission and then change your minds later. They are supposed to be professionals on an important mission.

Also, when the leader was asking them why they came, why say the crates were for food? That sounds stupid, looks like an obvious lie and compromises your credibility with the leader at a time when you don't have your guns any more. Dumb. What would have been the harm in saying they wanted monkeys? What would have been the harm in being completely honest from the start?

Surely the leader would have no objections to wiping out the virus. He would have his business back and the quality of his lifestyle would return. He probably had a different 13 year old girl 3 or 4 times a week, not just one to pick from. Surely that girl in the camp wasn't the first one. That and he had refrigeration, a/c,travel, lawn service ect.

I figured they would just leave the leader behind in the camp and let the people deal with them as they see fit, preferably slowly, when the leader asked to be arrested. I guess they had the guy stab him in the back just to make it quick for the story.

Frankly, I think the idea of just leaving him behind and then hearing him scream out for help when the people were coming after him when the soldiers were on their boat would have been more satisfying.

Kind of like what happened the Scar in the Lion King. "Wait, wait, you don't understand. I was doing it for your own good. I was trying to help you. Let's be reasonable! What are you doing with those knives?? Help! Help!" Everybody could take turns beating on him, they could make him THEIR slave, ect.
The imagination would have been better than the rather obvious outcome. Plus, he could even have come back for another episode if they wanted. Probably not, though.
All he got was a stab in the back.
Very disappointing.
This episode of the Last Ship kind of missed the boat I think.

You're arm chair quarterbacking here.

Who's to say when they got back to the ship that they would've went back and helped those people out? Their first concern is getting a vaccine but as soldiers and fathers, seeing that that little girl was going to be raped, it just set them over the edge. They could no longer just walk away.

You're arm chair quarterbacking here.

Who's to say when they got back to the ship that they would've went back and helped those people out? Their first concern is getting a vaccine but as soldiers and fathers, seeing that that little girl was going to be raped, it just set them over the edge. They could no longer just walk away.

Not to mention sentencing a teenage girl to death for speaking out set them off.

It would have been very naive for them to believe that is the first girl the leader raped. They would have to be stupid not to think it happened. The way the leader behaved towards the older daughter before she spoke out indicated as much. He acted like he owned everything and everyone, including her in a special personal way as if she was his slave.
I don't take issue with their actions. I only take issue with the dialogue.
Adam Baldwin's character said basically we are only here for the mission. He should have said the mission comes first, or stand down, don't jeopardize the mission.
Also the captain should have been upfront about the monkeys. Bad writing there, too.
After they got free, they could then say well, now that we have the monkeys and the mission is nearly complete, we can go back and get justice for those people.
He could also say, They took our gear. We need our gear for our missions. That isn't debatable. We go back and take out the guards, retrieve our gear, and get justice for those people while we are there. That way, they are still on the mission, not endangering it.
"We came to hunt?" They came to retrieve monkeys, not hunt. A dramatic nonsensical statement. Even if you call it hunting, that didn't mean killing the monkeys, which is what they intended to do to the guards.

They must really love being in the navy. All that time and they were able to recite their oath by heart. I can't remember a single word of ours when I swore in 6 years ago.

Good episode though. It seems like they got the cheesy writing out of the way in the earlier episodes even though it crops up here and there. I too enjoyed the no talking part.

There are times when it seems they are really filming on a ship. If that is all fake then my hats off to the FX team for making it look believable, and I agree with Scareb: no cheesey writing this week.

There are times when it seems they are really filming on a ship. If that is all fake then my hats off to the FX team for making it look believable, and I agree with Scareb: no cheesey writing this week.

Really? I was cringing every time the crew members started whining about not being told about everything and starting to spread gossip and dissent. You're in the Navy, you're well aware of the Need to Know principle. Everyone does not have the right to know everything about everything. That is actually counter-productive.
I thought they dumbed the characters down this week to serve a story they wanted to tell, made them act like Joe-public, not trained military personnel.

Really? I was cringing every time the crew members started whining about not being told about everything and starting to spread gossip and dissent. You're in the Navy, you're well aware of the Need to Know principle. Everyone does not have the right to know everything about everything. That is actually counter-productive.
I thought they dumbed the characters down this week to serve a story they wanted to tell, made them act like Joe-public, not trained military personnel.

This is all true, but the again some of them technically weren't enlisted anymore. Also, when the world is a mess, your family...and extended family are probably all dead and just going to land can be a hazard, you might not think in the same way you would under normal circumstances. I'm actually surprised they aren't having more problems, yet, that may be to come.

My brother was a career navy guy. The show he had real problems with was JAG.

Back