Pop Culture Shock He-Man LIFESIZE Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol yeah SS's busts are amazing

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Well i get what he's saying about realism, but A.) It's not leaps and bounds ahead of every 1:1 Sideshow Bust and B.) The 1:1 Darth Vader with Removable Helm is still the most realistic and true to source material thing I've ever seen at that scale, and yes it even beats this.

This is just a really good Realistic He-Man bust, and I applaud PCS. Of course Jerry's going to have to go over to China a yell at every factory painter to make it look like this in hand. But still, it's a nice piece of art.

Well i get what he's saying about realism, but A.) It's not leaps and bounds ahead of every 1:1 Sideshow Bust and B.) The 1:1 Darth Vader with Removable Helm is still the most realistic and true to source material thing I've ever seen at that scale, and yes it even beats this.

This is just a really good Realistic He-Man bust, and I applaud PCS. Of course Jerry's going to have to go over to China a yell at every factory painter to make it look like this in hand. But still, it's a nice piece of art.
Lmao after seeing Face Off, I can totally see him giving them **** for ****ing up Lol. You're right about the Vader bust, its ****ing great man

Josh, i know this time of year you seem to be empowered as the self-proclaimed SSF - SDCC master and i understand why someone else this time of year with a strong opinion ruffles your feathers.

But, please...stop acting like i am spewing garbage, just because it's contrary to your opinion.

Vader with helm is really nice, however not apples to apples comparison. Helmet on looks Class-A piece NO DOUBT, helmet off still very impressive, but does not have the realism as seem on the sculpt...the usage of acrylic eyes cannot be discounted....it may be that you don't have in-hand experience with 1:1's that have acrylic eyes and if that's the case, like DREDD, i'll give you a pass.

One must compare this offering to another human/hero flesh offering like Sideshow's Superman, BD T2 or Thor or Capt (which i believe is their best flesh offering date). Supes and Thor are FAAAAR behind this and Capt is really nice, great representation but it doesn't have the same realism this piece and other PCS 1:1's have.

I understand change can be tough to get over. The fact of the matter is, Sideshow has really not stepped up their 1:1 bust HUMAN/HERO flesh realism. Meanwhile other companies like PCS and ECC have IMO surpassed Sideshow 1:1 human/hero flesh bust offerings...just saying.

Why does this not scream "He-Man" to me? Just which version of He-man is this? :dunno

Why does this not scream "He-Man" to me? Just which version of He-man is this? :dunno
Its a modernized version. Not the filmation style like they used for the 1/4 line. Its a reimaging of the characters as if they were re people

Josh, i know this time of year you seem to be empowered as the self-proclaimed SSF - SDCC master and i understand why someone else this time of year with a strong opinion ruffles your feathers.

But, please...stop acting like i am spewing garbage, just because it's contrary to your opinion.

Vader with helm is really nice, however not apples to apples comparison. Helmet on looks Class-A piece NO DOUBT, helmet off still very impressive, but does not have the realism as seem on the sculpt...the usage of acrylic eyes cannot be discounted....it may be that you don't have in-hand experience with 1:1's that have acrylic eyes and if that's the case, like DREDD, i'll give you a pass.

One must compare this offering to another human/hero flesh offering like Sideshow's Superman, BD T2 or Thor or Capt (which i believe is their best flesh offering date). Supes and Thor are FAAAAR behind this and Capt is really nice, great representation but it doesn't have the same realism this piece and other PCS 1:1's have.

I understand change can be tough to get over. The fact of the matter is, Sideshow has really not stepped up their 1:1 bust HUMAN/HERO flesh realism. Meanwhile other companies like PCS and ECC have IMO surpassed Sideshow 1:1 human/hero flesh bust offerings...just saying.
It doesn't matter what time if year it is. You spout your opinions as facts. Yes, this piece has acrylic eyes and yes the flesh tones are great but that isn't what you stated. You said this has realism "leaps and bounds" beyond any sideshow piece. I simple said that isn't a correct statement and that the vader, even unmasked is more real looking than this. Especially since it actually looks exactly like the actor in makeup.

Now I know you like to come off like no one can touch your opinions, but in this case you might want to clarify your statement instead of making a sweeping generalization, and then getting ******** when some calls you on it.

It doesn't matter what time if year it is. You spout your opinions as facts. Yes, this piece has acrylic eyes and yes the flesh tones are great but that isn't what you stated. You said this has realism "leaps and bounds" beyond any sideshow piece. I simple said that isn't a correct statement and that the vader, even unmasked is more real looking than this. Especially since it actually looks exactly like the actor in makeup.

Now I know you like to come off like no one can touch your opinions, but in this case you might want to clarify your statement instead of making a sweeping generalization, and then getting ******** when some calls you on it.

Never said anything about this being the definitive He-Man representation, or it being more He-Man like than the Vader bust is Vader-like.

Vader example unfair comparison

:peace

You do understand why the Vader comparison is pretty bad...right?

No, I do not. We're talking realism. Realism has nothing to do with flesh tones, or acrylic eyes it has to do with how real something looks. And I'm not talking about the Vader Armor, I'm talking about the unmasked face underneath it. You want realism, that's about as real as it gets without going custom 1of1 original sculptures with silicon skin and machine painted acrylic eyes with color match.

You stated that This is leaps and bounds beyond what Sideshow can do, 8 out of 10 times you'd be right, however I am giving a shining example of what sideshow is capable of when they want to achieve true realism. The unmasked portrait is amazing. Looks just like the actor and even th paint on the eyes is life-like. Probably the best bust they've ever done.

If you had stated, these Flesh tones are above anything Sideshow has done, I'd agree. If you had said the Acrylic eyes are better than most Sideshow busts, I'd agree. But that wasn't what you said and I can only exchange ideas with what you actually say.

udyhypun.jpg

Yeah it looks way too huge IMO. Wanna know what the damn EX will be

:lol sorry I'll try harder
Lol its not you man. Just the thought of such a lame EX would suck so much. I asked them what it might be on the Ask PCS thread on SF so maybe we'll get an asnwer

I do not understand you Josh! You love Sideshow, that's ok, I understand it and I still love some of their work like 1/6 line but why do you have to defend them always? Their court of the Dead line is out of this world and beautiful but I don't think they will be great as protos but I think and believe this He-Man bust will be same as the proto! Pop Culture Schock's QC is superior than Sideshow. Recently every Sideshow piece are repainted by the customers! When you are producing life-size busts, the canvas are is getting bigger so it is our right to expect top notch painting and realism! Pop Culture can do that but sadly Sideshow couldn't!

Back