Pop Culture Shock He-Man LIFESIZE Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not understand you Josh! You love Sideshow, that's ok, I understand it and I still love some of their work like 1/6 line but why do you have to defend them always? Their court of the Dead line is out of this world and beautiful but I don't think they will be great as protos but I think and believe this He-Man bust will be same as the proto! Pop Culture Schock's QC is superior than Sideshow. Recently every Sideshow piece are repainted by the customers! When you are producing life-size busts, the canvas are is getting bigger so it is our right to expect top notch painting and realism! Pop Culture can do that but sadly Sideshow couldn't!
Have you seen the paint aps on PCS life size busts in hand? This proto has skin blotch and texture to the paint. No factory is going to be able to replicate that.

Lol Magnum as soon as I saw your name I'm like "oh god" Lol i think it's cause Jerry is a serious guy, like he's hard core and their CS is awesome too. I had a crappy QC issue and I know Bmutha did too and they totally took care of it. I think SSC's issues have more to do with percentage based on total amount produced. However they try too. Whatever at the end of the day as long as we get good **** I'm happy.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

No, I do not. We're talking realism. Realism has nothing to do with flesh tones, or acrylic eyes it has to do with how real something looks. And I'm not talking about the Vader Armor, I'm talking about the unmasked face underneath it. You want realism, that's about as real as it gets without going custom 1of1 original sculptures with silicon skin and machine painted acrylic eyes with color match.

You stated that This is leaps and bounds beyond what Sideshow can do, 8 out of 10 times you'd be right, however I am giving a shining example of what sideshow is capable of when they want to achieve true realism. The unmasked portrait is amazing. Looks just like the actor and even th paint on the eyes is life-like. Probably the best bust they've ever done.

If you had stated, these Flesh tones are above anything Sideshow has done, I'd agree. If you had said the Acrylic eyes are better than most Sideshow busts, I'd agree. But that wasn't what you said and I can only exchange ideas with what you actually say.

I am talking about how realistic the piece is, you are talking about accuracy of the sculpture ... neither of us are wrong, just different interpretations of the noun realism.

Vader is played by Shaw, sideshow nailed his likeness, yes they did represent the character accurately as seen in the film. However this is not what i am arguing. I am arguing how realistic, how alive looking that piece looks on our shelves.

REALISM
the quality or fact of representing a person, thing, or situation accurately or in a way that is true to life.

for me, the main punch-line of the definition for me THAT IS TRUE TO REAL LIFE, or in other words Life-Like, realistic...all synonyms to each other.

The Vader Shaw portrait is excellent, as accurate as it is, it's just not as life-like or alive-looking as He-Man or other PCS busts.

when i said, "the realism of this piece is leaps and bounds above any 1:1 bust Sideshow has done to date." It wasn't because as you stated, "what i though sounded good at the time" but because i truly mean that it is more true to how something would look in real life and alive-looking than anything Sideshow has done to date.

You seem to agree the PCS busts paint and overall finishing is more life-like, which is the main thing i was arguing...

"i knew you'd see it my way...you'll thank me tomorrow!"
-Kevin O'Shea
a7cfd9523318e32385290ca6af5fa929.jpg

Elite Creatures says it can be done:)

Preview-Night-Toynami18.jpg

Preview-Night-Toynami56.jpg
Holy crap. That's is beautiful. That'd probably be the ONLY damn thing I'd buy from that line

Question, does the alien inside move at all? And what about the human eyes or mouth

Elite Creatures says it can be done:)

Preview-Night-Toynami18.jpg

Preview-Night-Toynami56.jpg
Isn't that also a prototype? The multiple layers of paint that PCS is using looks amazing but we all know what happens when a factory tries to replicate layered paint work, they generally try to mix a color that is close but does not quite match instead of layering in the colors in the specified areas. The paint might still be clean, may even be vibrant, but its never as detailed

Their Reaper bust ant maquette are incredible! Did you see them? Amazing job and I wonder if they can do it in China with chinese painters, why Sideshow can't?

Lamest ****ing EX EVER! "Positionable acrylic eyes" ? Like wtf PCS

acrylic eyes are amazing. not sure why anyone would not want them...
I don't know. I can't even think of a possible Ex that would work without making it ridiculously overpriced

The Ex Edition Size is the Same as is the Price with the Regular.
Why wouldn't everyone just choose the Moveable Acrylic Eyes then?

Back