1/6 Hot Toys - MMS245 - Captain America: TWS - Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America:TWS - Falcon

I think Falcon's look was perfect for this movie. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Looking forward to the figure. I'd say it'd probably work well in Cap 3, even. But if he ever joined the Avengers I'd like to see something more costume-y. I just think it makes more sense there. I don't think it has to be Spandex, but I think the Ultimates look is boring for a superhero. If they could do the job they've done with something like Cap's most recent suit I'd be all over it. I think we've moved on enough that people are cool with superhero uniforms when they are well designed. As for those complaining about the red and white of Falcon's look, be grateful it's not his first appearance colors... LOL

captain-america-117.jpg

They need to keep Falcon's Ultimate Design. It looks best for the character. The 616 design is really bad. When Marvel was busy updating everyone elses costumes at the beginning of the year, they should have done his.

It would have been nice to see some type of nod to the original look but I guess red and white sticking out like a sore thumb defeats the purpose of subtle and subdued camo :lol

You mustn't be familiar with ultimate falcon.

Actually no since his original colours never made any sense :lol
Falcons are not red-n-white, US flag is not red-n-white. WHY red-n-white?! Just cuz...

Ultimate reboot was bad but it did many things right, including Falcon's re-design.

All the Ultimate stuff is way after my time. I stopped reading comics in the very early 90's when I was around 15 and sold my whole collection :)pow) when I was 17. I'm aware of all most of the Ultimate versions thru images here and there and video game skins and whatnot but that's the next era of Marvel that I didn't follow closely. My connection to all this stuff stems from 80's-early 90's and is now focused on the movie versions of everything.

The wing designs for Falcon be darn near perfect. Thank goodness they didn't go with the hang glider, airplane wing or side jetpacks look, or something that looked too birdlike (which is fine for Angel). This had a nice balance of tech and aesthetic. If he's in the Avengers movie, I think Starktech can make the jetpack part more streamlined, but the wings themselves look great.

I'm ready to see a sampling of those wings, man.

Saw this twice and this guy didn't grow on me the second time around. He's decent in the flick but I have no desire for a fig. I have no doubt that the piece will be cool as hell but thsi is still the easiest pass in the line for me

Saw this twice and this guy didn't grow on me the second time around. He's decent in the flick but I have no desire for a fig. I have no doubt that the piece will be cool as hell but thsi is still the easiest pass in the line for me

Good figure to have be an easy pass because this is probably going to be the most expensive excluding the 2 pack. I will be picking this up as soon as it is up for preorder! I'm afraid to see the release date on this though...something tells me we won't get it for a long time...

No doubt that they'll update his costume in a future movie. Maybe they'll throw in some red and white to make him stand out more. As of right now his costume is very boring. He's just in army fatigues with wings.

I hope Falcon doesn't fall into limbo.. I really want this figure!

I don't think it'll fall into limbo.

The movie is really popular and just hit it's 2nd week. I'd expect him to go up for pre-order relatively soon.

I mean look at Loki from TDW. That one took a while to go up for pre-order but it did go up.

Good figure to have be an easy pass because this is probably going to be the most expensive excluding the 2 pack. I will be picking this up as soon as it is up for preorder! I'm afraid to see the release date on this though...something tells me we won't get it for a long time...

:exactly: I agree, the price tag of this one is concerning me a bit :gah:, hopefully I'll still be able to add it to the collection as I quite liked the character in the film. As for the wait, yep I think its gonna be a very long wait too... as if the wait for the Winter Soldier figure and the Cap 2-pack wasn't bad enough!! Still at least the old purse can have a rest in the gap between releases and I am sure the figures will all be well worth the wait!

:exactly: I agree, the price tag of this one is concerning me a bit :gah:QUOTE]

Same here, but I've been stockpiling those SS points. So I might use them on this guy.

Although I'm also thinking about the hulkbuster armor from Age of Ultron. But do I really want to wait until summer 2015 to use points on a figure that probably won't get released until 2016?

I think the falcon would be a better deal.

:exactly: I agree, the price tag of this one is concerning me a bit :gah:, hopefully I'll still be able to add it to the collection as I quite liked the character in the film. As for the wait, yep I think its gonna be a very long wait too... as if the wait for the Winter Soldier figure and the Cap 2-pack wasn't bad enough!! Still at least the old purse can have a rest in the gap between releases and I am sure the figures will all be well worth the wait!

Yeah I hate the waits but sometimes they are needed :lol honestly tho, there is no way I'm not getting him. Enjoyed Falcon in the movie and I think he will be one impressive figure...man do I have a problem :slap :lol

Although I'm also thinking about the hulkbuster armor from Age of Ultron. But do I really want to wait until summer 2015 to use points on a figure that probably won't get released until 2016?

Yes. Yes you do.

A peek at Iron Studios 1/10 Art Scale Falcon PF, if the Hot Toys can look that good with the wings I won't be able to resist!

w2Vkrik.png

God, Hot Toys, hurry up and put this thing up for pre-order! This is the last figure from TWS I'll be getting and I want to get it over with already.

Falcon was friggin awesome, BTW. The friendship dynamic between him and Steve really panned out well. CA: TWS is one of the few sequels that are better than the original movie itself.

Hope to see him again in AoU.

Back