Statue ARH Studios Mythology line The Mermaid Twins WIP (Warning partial statue nude)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really liking this one so far, especially the paint concept and the base. I definitely prefer the trident over the shell as far as what she's holding.

Why haven't I seen this thread till just now? Looks great...always wanted a 2 girl statue together. Will this and the new vampire queen be at ssc? I like the 2 trident vs the shell version.

Last edited:
Why haven't I seen this thread till just now? Looks great...always wanted a 2 girl statue together. Will this and the new vampire queen be at ssc? I like the 2 trident vs the shell version.

They many, SDCC right now has 3 ARH Studios sculpts.
I doubt it will be completed in time. NYCC for sure.

general observations:

*Lose the shark, it sticks out too much and looks like it is going to greatly increase the amount of space this piece will need on a shelf. You have enough going on here that the shark is completely unneeded.

*Hands on boobs needs to go. Women in general don't go about cupping their boobs out of the blue. We don't walk or swim around cradling them as if they were Pearls of Great Price. :wink1: These girls have spears. People with weapons most generally are not cupping sex organs at the same time, think about it. Perhaps I need to watch more anime or something.

*Hair needs to be MUCH! longer and MUCH! more complex. These gals should have hair down to where their knees would be! Why wouldn't they, they're mermaids. Hair is what they DO.

*Color scheme looks good! The spotted skin mottling especially looks good.

*I agree that these girls should be warriors OR they should be seducing you, but not both at once. Either mood is as valid as the other. Just pick one.

Please make a fish tank version.. Would look awesome in my tank

I have been trying to find a decent, pretty mermaid aquarium ornament FOR LITERALLY YEARS. They all look like kiddie trash or.... kiddie trash, why cant I get a really pretty little mermaid to put in a tank?! It could come in two colors, one for saltwater tanks and one for fresh.

I think these are too nice for fish, though. The fish can eat cake another day. :wink1:

general observations:

*Lose the shark, it sticks out too much and looks like it is going to greatly increase the amount of space this piece will need on a shelf. You have enough going on here that the shark is completely unneeded.

*Hands on boobs needs to go. Women in general don't go about cupping their boobs out of the blue. We don't walk or swim around cradling them as if they were Pearls of Great Price. :wink1: These girls have spears. People with weapons most generally are not cupping sex organs at the same time, think about it. Perhaps I need to watch more anime or something.

*Hair needs to be MUCH! longer and MUCH! more complex. These gals should have hair down to where their knees would be! Why wouldn't they, they're mermaids. Hair is what they DO.

*Color scheme looks good! The spotted skin mottling especially looks good.

*I agree that these girls should be warriors OR they should be seducing you, but not both at once. Either mood is as valid as the other. Just pick one.

general observation

*Lose the whole statue and make some Greek Gods instead

general observation

*Lose the whole statue and make some Greek Gods instead

Why? The line is not called "GREEK Mythology," just mythology. Mermaids are not mythological?

If they were looking to do gods, I'd much rather see gods from Norse mythology since they're much less prevalent. But that's me.

Why? The line is not called "GREEK Mythology," just mythology. Mermaids are not mythological?

If they were looking to do gods, I'd much rather see gods from Norse mythology since they're much less prevalent. But that's me.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind other mythology. But IMO Greek Mythology is the best!! :hi5:

I would rather buy Hades, Zeus, Aphrodite, Artemis, Apollo, Poseidon, Persephone, Hera, Hercules, Ajax, Perseus, Hector, Theseus, Medea, Cerberus, Pan etc etc...need I go on? :lol

but um yeah the little mermaidx2 is ok I guess:lol

Don't get me wrong I don't mind other mythology. But IMO Greek Mythology is the best!! :hi5:

I would rather buy Hades, Zeus, Aphrodite, Artemis, Apollo, Poseidon, Persephone, Hera, Hercules, Ajax, Perseus, Hector, Theseus, Medea, Cerberus, Pan etc etc...need I go on? :lol

but um yeah the little mermaidx2 is ok I guess:lol

I have this thing about mermaids since Little Mermaid...

Why did you list those ideas? Now I feel like buying em all!

My take on this statue:

10991253_10153156089616096_8240307819843063301_n.jpg

10959522_10153156090516096_7505121436845523017_n.jpg

10422265_10153156090691096_6831860899911929912_n.jpg

10959244_10153156090906096_8606089037627832917_o.jpg

Back