Statue ARH Studios Mythology line The Mermaid Twins WIP (Warning partial statue nude)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
general observations:

*Lose the shark, it sticks out too much and looks like it is going to greatly increase the amount of space this piece will need on a shelf. You have enough going on here that the shark is completely unneeded.

*Hands on boobs needs to go. Women in general don't go about cupping their boobs out of the blue. We don't walk or swim around cradling them as if they were Pearls of Great Price. :wink1: These girls have spears. People with weapons most generally are not cupping sex organs at the same time, think about it. Perhaps I need to watch more anime or something.

*Hair needs to be MUCH! longer and MUCH! more complex. These gals should have hair down to where their knees would be! Why wouldn't they, they're mermaids. Hair is what they DO.

*Color scheme looks good! The spotted skin mottling especially looks good.

*I agree that these girls should be warriors OR they should be seducing you, but not both at once. Either mood is as valid as the other. Just pick one.

Am I blind? I can't see what shark your talking about

10015162_691444360895074_7097278039363990097_n.jpg

Look at the first page of the reworked sculpt the shark is not there, and the base is different, the one 2 post above is an old picture.

the turtle is exactly how a turtle would be, they spend 90% of their time just like that rummaging for vegetation on the sea floor. Its actually a very good representation.

this concept needs to go back to the drawing board and be almost completely redone. The hand positions are terrible. If one has a weapon they both should have weapons, and not be covering or cupping their breasts, what are they ashamed of? the boat wreckage is great but I'd lose the sea life too busy and distracting and takes away from the story of the two sea beauties doing whatever they were doing.

haven't heard anything on this ,It could also be scrapped and we don't know it yet!

SO this definitely has not been scrapped. We are revising a lot of the details. The basic concept and composition will not change drastically but we are working on ramping up the details. Here is a teaser of the evil twin. Nothing definite, but this is the direction we are headed in.

Awesome looking face ehren :)

glad it's being redone, wasn't too interested in it before will watch out for it now :) Scaley skin on the edges looks nice

Hopefully hand placement gets fixed up too ><

I have seriously been thinking of picking up a few ARH statues. This looks nice. My thought, instead of cupping her breast. Maybe put her hand on the back or shoulder of her twin? Nothing sexual, but there is a close relationship usually inferred with twins.

I have seriously been thinking of picking up a few ARH statues. This looks nice. My thought, instead of cupping her breast. Maybe put her hand on the back or shoulder of her twin? Nothing sexual, but there is a close relationship usually inferred with twins.

I think something sexual could still work if they were dead set on it, something like beckoning seductively. Though it's kind of at odds with the trident so I'd prefer something else :p

Here's the aesthetic direction for the good twin. Hair still needs work.

Back