Funko to make "Buffy" & "Firefly" POP! vinyls!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are these on Amazon for PO yet? I searched and didn't find anything. Now with 2 places listing with $9.99, if I can find a free shipping route, I'll be made.

Man, I get that these are meant for their simplicity and retro-feel...but I just can't see to spending anything for these. I'm sure I am the minority....but if the head sculpts even slightly resembled some of the actors and actresses, I could maybe splurge for the sheer novelty of the 70's / 80's and the fact that we have been without fresh new Buffy/Angel toys for awhile.

Man, I get that these are meant for their simplicity and retro-feel...but I just can't see to spending anything for these. I'm sure I am the minority....but if the head sculpts even slightly resembled some of the actors and actresses, I could maybe splurge for the sheer novelty of the 70's / 80's and the fact that we have been without fresh new Buffy/Angel toys for awhile.

It sounds like you are referring to the retro figures. This thread is for the POP! vinyls toys. The original links don't work and the Funko website still doesn't have official pics up yet. Try this link:

https://thenerdfu.com/toy-fair-2014-funko-photos-info/

The retro figures are laughable. The POP! ones are okay, cheap (in an inexpensive $$ way which is very good in my book and a welcome break from the ridiculous price of stuff today) and kind of cute. Being affordable would spur completism but the only one that works for me is vampire Spike, since there aren't enough tells like costume to tell who the humans are (a show limitation) unless you arm them like Buffy's stake. The female bodies are laughable since they look somewhat to scale for a 4" figure. I'd get a vSpike for my office desk but he's my least favorite regular character so easy pass to me. I would get a Giles though. Tweed and glasses for a costume, I think he could work.

If I only get one it has to be Buffy.

I thought I might order them all but as the days go on, I am changing my mind.

I will order all of them if they do the Angel line, and I will get all of the Firefly cast. There a are so many Buffy members they can do that it might get a bit insane. And since these things don't actually sell out that often, I'm not sure what the risk is in just grabbing a few at a time.

That of course, could change and I could be sitting here freaking out again, closer to the time they release saying "I NEED THEM ALL."

Last edited:
Sarah Michelle Gellar herself has tweetes about these figures saying she wants them all, so I'm sure there will be Buffy fans unaware of pop vinyls that will want to collect them now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

19,000th post and I'm bringing it back to Whedonville!

I heard the 'human' face Spike POP! got cancelled/post-poned?

I stand corrected. It looks like the vampire face version was taken out of the mix. It sounds like it may be offered as a variant Exclusive somewhere. (I'm reading this from a site where our very own, tlc, posts!)

Hey, SS, have you picked up any of the SPN Pop vinyls? They're awesome! :rock

I will only be getting a few select ones, starting with Buffy and Angel. So the rest of you will have to enjoy them for me. I just don't have any room for any more of these.

I stand corrected. It looks like the vampire face version was taken out of the mix. It sounds like it may be offered as a variant Exclusive somewhere. (I'm reading this from a site where our very own, tlc, posts!)

Hey, SS, have you picked up any of the SPN Pop vinyls? They're awesome! :rock
Yup, that's me.

I suspect the vampire Spike will simply be a variant because when you look at the item on Entertainment Earth it says "or". So, if you order the Spike POP!, don't expect to get a certain one...you could get the regular or variant version.

Here's the item page: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FU3986

Oh it will probably be a Hot Topic exclusive or something in the US and Canada, but overseas it will probably be just released as a normal pop.

I don't know why they do this tbh, it seems a bit silly. The Castiel Supernatural POP! was released as a Hot Topic exclusive in the US/Canada and i've seen people paying $60 for one on ebay. In Australia Cas is a normal release and you get him for the price of any other. Same goes for all the 7-11 exclusives that are hard to find in North America.

I will only be getting a few select ones, starting with Buffy and Angel. So the rest of you will have to enjoy them for me. I just don't have any room for any more of these.

Awww you were gonna get 2 of each before, did you buy other stuff that took up all the room? Lol

Oh it will probably be a Hot Topic exclusive or something in the US and Canada, but overseas it will probably be just released as a normal pop.

I don't know why they do this tbh, it seems a bit silly. The Castiel Supernatural POP! was released as a Hot Topic exclusive in the US/Canada and i've seen people paying $60 for one on ebay. In Australia Cas is a normal release and you get him for the price of any other. Same goes for all the 7-11 exclusives that are hard to find in North America.

They're releasing a Castiel with wings now too!!! :rock I'm pumped!

Back