1/6 DX12 or Hot toys 1/4 scale batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you change your mind, I think 1/6 is also easier to sell than 1/4.

Yeah I noticed while the dx has doubled in price, the 1/4 scale retails for only slightly more than what it went for on sideshow. If you bought a dx12 when it first came out, you can flip it for basically the same price even though it is now used.

Is it a case of the 1/4 being out only a month or are people just less likely to go for 1/4?

Last edited:
I prefer 1:6 scale collection but I would go with the 1:4 scale Bats all the way. It is the only 1:4 scale figure I own. I happily would sell the DX 12 to fund this again. Just my two cents.

Yeah I noticed while the dx has doubled in price, the 1/4 scale retails for only slightly more than what it went for on sideshow. If you bought a dx12 when it first came out, you can flip it for basically the same price even though it is now used.

Is it a case of the 1/4 being out only a month or are people just less likely to go for 1/4?

I think there are just far fewer collectors of 1/4 scale (since it's more limited and cumbersome), so the demand is much lower - hence the used market for 1/6 will always be much larger.

Not saying that 1/4 won't appreciate in value, but I do think that after a little while, it'll be a lot harder to unload the 1/4 figure, compared to unloading the 1/6 figure.

I always felt the body on the 1/4 version looked too bulky. Prefer the DX 12.

I must say, I have owned both, and I am unhappy with both. When I had the DX 12 it looked good in the box until I saw the cowl and the mouth pieces. Then I got the quarter sale last month, and I really like the cowl and mouth pieces on it, but sitting there in my display case it looks to me like an oversized Mattel figure! I will be getting rid of all of these, and hoping that someday that Hot Toys would make another Dark Knight in 1/6 scale but copying the cowl and faceplates from the the 1/4 scale. Until then I am done buying Dark Knight Batman figures until some company or whatever comes out with one that blows me away!

I have DX12 and 1/4 and in my opinion, these two are awesome masterpieces. I like these two and had their capes fixed.
It will be more detailed on 1/4 especially on the HS and mouthpieces but the price is expensive. On the other hand, DX12 has better price but lesser on details, HS also nice but honest, I feel the thighs are bit less of exercise.

Well, the bigger the size the more details you will get there but don't forget you will need bigger room to display it.
Like the previous pal says, if you compare apple to orange, it will be very hard to see the differences unless you know which taste and color you think you like the most.

Google it so you know more about the texture, details, information and all so you will not regret it. Good luck...

If it's of any help, here are both side by side:

Two great figures but neither of them make me totally happy. 1/4 is impressive, I like the cowl and accessories but body proportions are weird (large shoulders and bloated torso). DX12 looks fine but when stock, likeness is off with or without cowl and there are those big thighs.

As mentionned, DX12 will be better in a sixth scale collection. Quarter scale offers fewer options.

Anyway, I had a hard time paying $500 for QS001. I would certainly not pay that price for an (average-to-good) 1/6 figure. Kind of crazy, IMHO.

Which Batman are we talking about here? I like both the DX Michael Keatom amd the NECA 1:4 version
Obviously NECAs offer is more affordable. If you dont want to spend too much money try getting the NECA Bayman

If you are talking about Christian Bale then it doesnt matter

Get the 1/4 and wait for the inevitable 1/6 redesign of the TDK suit.

Don't overpay for the DX12, he's not worth the inflation price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own both. I'll just say that when I look at my 1/4 scale for a bit then look over at my dx12. The 1/4 makes the dx12 seem weak. But I'm mainly a 1/6th collecter.

Know what you mean. I have the Enterbay and 1/4 HT coming. Logic dictates I should get rid of my 1/6 Batman figures, but when I look at them on their shelves I just can't do it.

Keep DX12 if you are into 1/6 collecting but if you are a Nolan Batman fan 1/4 Bats is not to be missed!

To me the 1/4 feels more like a doll and less than a high end collectible, I guess I'm just not a fan of the 1/4 scale though.

1/4 stands out... but 1/1 stands out even more... hell, why not just 2/1 this shiz!

Back