1/6 DX12 or Hot toys 1/4 scale batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidercan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I own neither, but want to get an opinion of people who have actually handled them.

The price as new are about the same (obv the dx12 price is way higher than retail).

Currently torn between the the value/detail/newness of the 1/4 scale vs the popularity/convenience in size of the smaller scale. Somehow, at least from watching unboxing videos the 1/4 scale seems a little more like a statue or a doll, while the 1/6 feels more like an action figure.

Last edited:
1/4.

DX12 cowl sucks, but the body/suit is amazing, much better than it's predecessor, the DX02, which had a better cowl, just had a neck problem with the sonar head. 1/4 looks beautiful.

You're comparing apples and bowling *****. The issue isn't "which is more accurate" or "which Batman is the better Batman?"

Really, the question is, do you like 1/4 or 1/6 better for collecting?

Ask yourself - how are you going to feel a year from now? You want to make a purchase you won't regret.

I'm a 1/6 guy, and that's for several reasons. You mentioned that 1/4 is more like a statue or a large doll, and I agree.

1/6 are smaller, more portable, and easier to display. They're also easier to partner up. Cheaper and more options for additional figures - what is Batman without his Joker? Will you regret not getting 1/6 a year from now, when you decide you want Batman to have some company?

If you change your mind, I think 1/6 is also easier to sell than 1/4.

If, on the other hand, you are 100% certain that all you want is one figure, ever, for the rest of your life, and you're fine building a display just for that one dude, then maybe 1/4 is your best bet.

But you're posting in an action figure forum - meaning you're probably enough of a collector that one dude isn't going to sate your desires forever...

Last edited:
If you are just looking for a really great representation of the TDK suit, the 1/4 is probably the best stand alone figure. If you collect other licenses then I would say go DX12 because of the variety.

One of the biggest issues is the fact the price is pretty much the same. Hard to justify paying 470-500 for a 12" figure.

I'm dreading the day we're paying that for 1/6. We're not far off with $300 figures.

It doesn't suck.

I'm with this guy. I have both and both are very cool! 1/6th will always be my first love in collecting, but the 1/4 scale is an absolute work of art. By the way Vodoun, is that Brian May in your avatar and sig... I once 'body-guarded' him for a book signing, I'm not a big Queen fan but he was a nice enough guy!

I own both! I have to say that the 1/4 scale is the most impressive. If the price point is the same, it's a no contest decision.

It also comes with a ton of accessories, especially the sonar mask, and backpack. It really makes it most complete batman figure to date.

I'm with this guy. I have both and both are very cool! 1/6th will always be my first love in collecting, but the 1/4 scale is an absolute work of art. By the way Vodoun, is that Brian May in your avatar and sig... I once 'body-guarded' him for a book signing, I'm not a big Queen fan but he was a nice enough guy!

It's him indeed. From These are the days of our lives. Remember him at the Olympics? it gave me chills.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUmT3wm-0A[/ame]

The power of a guitar is really something in front of a packed stadium.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzoyDILKlhY[/ame]

You're comparing apples and bowling *****. The issue isn't "which is more accurate" or "which Batman is the better Batman?"

Really, the question is, do you like 1/4 or 1/6 better for collecting?

Ask yourself - how are you going to feel a year from now? You want to make a purchase you won't regret.

I'm a 1/6 guy, and that's for several reasons. You mentioned that 1/4 is more like a statue or a large doll, and I agree. They're smaller, more portable, and easier to display.

They're also easier to partner up. Cheaper and more options for additional figures - what is Batman without his Joker? Will you regret not getting 1/6 a year from now, when you decide you want Batman to
have some company?

If you change your mind, I think 1/6 is also easier to sell than 1/4.

If, on the other hand, you are 100% certain that all you want is one figure, ever, for the rest of your life, and you're fine building a display just for that one dude, then maybe 1/4 is your best bet.

But you're posting in an action figure forum - meaning you're probably enough of a collector that one dude isn't going to sate your desires forever...

+1, I have both, since I will have more of 1/6 than 1/4, I also need dx12 to match up my other set like dx11 joker and Bane. 1/4 is really more accurate but best for stand alone since this will be only 1/4 I will buy.

Its depends if you want to complete your 1/6 line (with others 1/6 batman figures) or to have a one single piece of batman (then buy 1/4)

Its depends if you want to complete your 1/6 line (with others 1/6 batman figures) or to have a one single piece of batman (then buy 1/4)

I own the Enterbay Joker and the Hot Toys QS001 Batman. I bought the joker as a one-off but I couldnt resist Batman when I laid eyes on it. They make quite the pair.

I have over 20 1/6 figures including Joker 2.0 and DX Batman. I love them, but the 1/4 figures really make a statement. I think it all boils down to your love of the character. Do you want Batman to be the biggest piece on display?

Back