1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine delivered. Figure looks better then I expected. I already was excited but having it in hand is even better. I think this buck is one of the best hot toys has done. Of course it's going to take a little extra care, but still for me it's worth it. I think the dynamic stand is great, though I'm having a hard time coming up with a pose I like, and one that fits well in my detlof. I guess part of the problem is the cases are a little packed. This figure needs maybe a whole shelf. Guess I'm gonna drive over this week and buy a couple more detlof cases. I could probably take 20 more and full them. I've got way to much stuff. And a half dozen other figures preordered. If anyone has a good pose on the stand let me know

Using the stand and base, I think it only looks good on it's own shelf. Maybe one other figure with it. But the stand is so big that having other figures just standing around it on a shelf looks awkward to me.

Hey all, here's the latest video review up on the Kool Kollectibles YouTube channel!! Finally got my Hot Toys Light Armour Thor in yesterday, and a great figure it is!! Certainly has some things that scare the crap out of me though!!

Hope you can check it out to find out more! Remember to subscribe to see all my reviews coming up, and comment with your own thoughts too!

I get mine tomorrow... Thorsday indeed lol. I always choose pick up at the UPS facility, beats having to wait for the guy to deliver.

Looking at all these pics has me pretty hyped... and i've decided i'll never bend the arms. Is anyone having trouble with the paint on the underarms?

Just got mine today... unfortunately, there was a piece of armor near his right hip that is loose. It appears that it was glued, but overall armor alignment was off and it pulled it off. I have already reached out to sideshow, still waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully it isn't widespread, but something to look out for - for all of those who are receiving them!

2014-07-30-18.48.53.jpg
2014-07-30-18.49.02.jpg
2014-07-30-18.48.43.jpg

Thor arrived from Asgard to Vermont today...got a couple of quick snaps after work...

First impressions....wow! That head sculpt is really something. Really like the way the hair just sprays out over the shoulders...quite an accomplishment having it look so good with it being sculpted. I like the gold highlights...it doesn't look quite as "brown" as a lot of pics are making it look (including mine) when it's in front of you. Outfit is well-detailed and rendered. Like the weathering on the boots and cape. I'll pull that poncho out and get some more shots over the weekend.

And yes, that box is really cool...the folks over at HT obviously have a good time with the packaging and it shows...makes a great "first impression" with the figure.

Always fun getting something new from HT and Sideshow...and Thor looks great!

I get mine tomorrow... Thorsday indeed lol. I always choose pick up at the UPS facility, beats having to wait for the guy to deliver.

Looking at all these pics has me pretty hyped... and i've decided i'll never bend the arms. Is anyone having trouble with the paint on the underarms?

I'm not seeing any problems at all with my arms. The area with the ripped armor in the previous post does look suspect on mine, but looking through most pics it is not as aligned as the left side in most pics. So, I am not going to mess with it. Very intimidating look. Captures him very well. I'm going to be looking at this figure a lot.

Well....one more quick pic before I hit the hay....

Took a bit of work to get him positioned okay with that goose-neck thing on the stand. I'm going to try and get a "standard" stand for him...or maybe get a little creative with a support for this one other than that bulky, unwieldy flexible attachment that this one features. Not really interested in having him "fly"...looking more for decent "intimidating" stance similar to what I've got here. We'll see....

Really enjoy looking at this one....I like the bare arms a lot...really stands out. Not noticing any "issues" with the arms or the outfit (whew!) on this one.
Think I'll be snapping a lot of shots of this one....and it should be really cool when his brother shows up in a few weeks....

Love the pics jedibear. I'll take some this weekend as well and see if I can come up with any other poses others can duplicate without bending the arms.

I wish we could do this pose:

Nonetheless, I'm very excited to get this guy in the detolf. Hope I can fit somebody on the shelf with him, lol

This is exactly why I wish hot toys would lay off the rubber arms. I dont give a rip if there is an elbow joint if it means I can pose my figures how I want.

Completely understandable. For some figures I think the rubber bodies are the better choice, though for this figure I'm not sure. I think you'd be fine with a slight bend in the elbow over the long haul, and could pull off some great poses. But if you're looking to do anything near 75-90 degrees you're asking for trouble.

If you wanted to replace the body would it be hard?
Also what's buttons all about in the packaging and the little clear plastic tool?

Got mine today and it's a really nice looking figure. It does feel like I have to be really careful with how I pose the arms but I can live with it. My Mjolnir's strap came undone on one side which sorta sucks but I can slip it back in pretty easily.

Got mine today and it's a really nice looking figure. It does feel like I have to be really careful with how I pose the arms but I can live with it. My Mjolnir's strap came undone on one side which sorta sucks but I can slip it back in pretty easily.

always disappointing to find something like that, but if its an easy fix.... no worries right?

Back