The Dark Knight Gotham Street Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sectar02

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys, as i saw awesome Gotham Street dioramas, i decided it was time to entirely remake mine and do something as awesome as possible!

Came up with this for now, still got a lot of work and tests to do but i'm pretty excited about it!

I used wood for the frame, and some wood past to hide all the imperfections.
The "road" in some foam for fishtank i found today, i think it's a good base to start with!

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I've planned to hide the Joker's stand beneath one of the manholes i'm trying and struggling to create... The Batman's one will be simply hidden under his cape :)

Feel free to give my advices or suggestions to make it better :)

The frame is excellent and the foam looks good too. I take it you will eventually put in some traffic lines?

Thank you buddy :)

Yes for sure, i will add cracks, traffic lines, some wet weathering, puddles etc :)
Have to make it realist as possible!

Looks great there,

Are you using a two detolfs with the glass removed to allow everything to fit?

Cant wait to see the work in progress pictures

Looks great there,

Are you using a two detolfs with the glass removed to allow everything to fit?

Cant wait to see the work in progress pictures

Hey, well i did more that just removing the two glasses between the two detolfs. You have to cut the 4 extra pieces to build them as close as possible, then glue the top and the bottom wood pieces and then rebuild the detolf. I hope i'm clear enough ahah.

Thank you :) I will upload pics soon!

For the few of you interested in this project :)

I finished both manholes. The holes will be drilled on the casted version. The piece that goes on the road still needs work.

The two manholes :

( The photo makes the left one look out of shape, but it's all good)

Tests with the foam sample for the road :

Cheers

Still hesitating about the position of the figures... Should i keep them like this, or have a dynamic pose, like the Joker and Batman fighting with the Batpod behind? On this depends where i put the manholes etc...

I improved the stand a little bit, made it higher. It will be painted in Bronze, the same color as Batman's accessories.

Back