Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recasts before release... Out the back door.

You sound surprised? :lol We all know it happens, what can Sideshow do about it the other side of the world though... other than move production. There is also the possibility that this is actually a genuine production piece!!

After seeing the statue forum post with the sideshow facebook posted pics... Im a little concerned. Im hoping this piece isnt highlighted electric blue and missing the mouth sinew. if so ill be upset. Im really hoping its prototype pics.... Fingers crossed

After seeing the statue forum post with the sideshow facebook posted pics... Im a little concerned. Im hoping this piece isnt highlighted electric blue and missing the mouth sinew. if so ill be upset. Im really hoping its prototype pics.... Fingers crossed

All their other warriors have been painted well so I can't imagine they mess up a relatively easy to paint LSB.

Apparently it is a genuine picture from a painters FB page. I'll do some digging... Hopefully it simply isn't finished, it looks weird without the mouth piece.

Without the mouth sinew it looks too strange. And not sure what others think about the paint app in those pics... But the electric blue highlights are throwing it off for me. I hope sideshow does it right. Hopefully if it is highlighted that bright blue it wont be so obvious while sitting on my deep shelf. We will all know in about 2 weeks i suppose

If that is what we end up getting I don't think it looks bad. Could be a bit glossier.

If there's one thing to take away from those pics though, it's that the sculpt is fantastic.

Sideshow has made some big screw ups in the past, but even I doubt they would forget the mouth tendons.

And if they did, I imagine people would make a big enough fuss to get SS's attention, which would then lead to replacements.

But who knows...

The extra un-painted bits haven't been attached, that's all.

I like the blue, more like on screen rather than the greens and brown they have on the proto.

I think this turned out fantastic. If that is the actual production piece then I'm happy with it and will be happy if mine looks like that. Colour scheme looks fine to me, my only complaint would be that it should be a tad glossier, but I think a light buff should shine this up nicely. Other than that, it looks ace, and that sculpt looks brilliant. With proper overhead lighting, this will look amazing on display. Really can't wait to receive this now and take lots of pics of it.

Recast or not, that sculpt is gorgeous. I actually don't mind the blue either. Final judgement will obviously be when it's in-hand.

I think I actually do prefer the blue paint app as well. It's more accurate to how I remember the Alien Warrior's coloring in the movies.

When I think of Aliens and the creatures in the film, I think blue & black. That paint app captures it perfectly for me.

Alot of the blue on the aliens came from the blue security lights reflecting off them. As far as i know the aliens are a very glossy black and dark brown. The big chap is a dark brown because he was a juvenile... His exoskeleton wasnt fully hardened to the solid glossy black. Hence why his dome is clear.. and the aliens warrior class are a solid black.

Even on the 1/1 bust they didnt do the blue highlights. They lightened them but not to the extent on this piece. Believe me im not nitpicking I actually love how this piece turned out if that is it. I just really want it in hand like yesterday haha

Back