Super7 x FUNKO ReAction Figures Buffy and Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand it myself. You have people nitpick HT figures even when they look perfect, then you'll have people rave over these $10 figures that look absolutely nothing like the characters they are meant to portray.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

People would have to give these to me for free, and then I still might give them away. :D

What a shame, such a great selection of characters. I know they are meant to be retro but I would have bought all the Firefly and Back to the Future figures if they did not look like 70's Kenner. offerings.

What a shame, such a great selection of characters. I know they are meant to be retro but I would have bought all the Firefly and Back to the Future figures if they did not look like 70's Kenner. offerings.

I couldn't agree with you more.

The Angel figure isn't just the worst of the Buffy line, it's probably the worst in the entire "ReAction" line all together. Looks like absolutely...nothing. Utterly generic, without anything that would remotely remind you of the character.

Zoe is the only decent one in the Firefly or Angel lines. Alas.

Theres a difference between retro and crap, these are just plain ugly, all of them.

These pieces are definitely not for me, BUT....there's definitely a market for them, or else I don't think FUNKO would take the gamble. I'll be all over the vinyls though.

Anyone got these yet? I ordered mine from a seller on eBay---they said they should ship out sometime this month. I wish someone would post a pic of the packaging (front and back) of one of the figures.

It's a shame - with a little more effort and thought they could have captured the retro nostalgic feel by using the same body sculpt and articulation style, but updated the head sculpts to look like the characters, and given us decent paint. They would have still captured the nostalgic market, and also snagged people wanting figures based on the newer licenses. Unfortunately, they missed the boat.

I've been looking at these figures, mostly because there's a company doing a Lovecraft line in the same scale and style. The likenesses of the Buffy line are pretty much all horrid--with the exception of the Gentleman figure. This is of course because he's a monster, and monsters, as always, don't need to be spot-on in likeness as long as they look appropriately cool and menacing. And as I've been looking at the rest of Funko's "Reaction" lines, this seems to hold true in general. The horror figures all look pretty good, while the "people" figures look crappy. I think I might just cherry-pick among the various lines. I never collected this style of figure when I was a kid (I was all about Megos) but there's something cute about them and I think a mixed shelf with Lovecraft monsters, Universal monsters, Michael Myers, a Gentleman, Nightmare Before Christmas figures, and maybe an Alien might look pretty cool.

But man, that Buffy figure is awful. Did they even TRY to to approximate Gellar's likeness?

Yeah the reaction line is awful. I understand older movies from the 70's and 80's being produced, but Buffy is too modern and the characters are too normal looking for anyone to have any idea who these figures are supposed to be. The Angel is just a guy with brown hair lol. No distinguishing features whatsoever.

I have bought several of these Figures this past week. First one was the Alien from last months Loot Crate, then this week I got Sam from Trick R' Treat, Rocketeer, and most of the Universal Monsters. All the human characters look bad, but atlas with the Rocketeer he has the helmet. The Monsters look good, and the variant GITD Mummy and Creature both look good. I have yet to open the monsters, but that is mainly cause they look good on their card backs.

I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I couldn't pass them up...

littledamnheroes.jpg

Really hope they continue the Firefly line and make the rest of the crew.

I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I couldn't pass them up...

View attachment 144502

Really hope they continue the Firefly line and make the rest of the crew.

Who cares what everyone else likes. Good for you for getting what you like!

I saw the Jayne in person and passed but I did pick up the Michael Myers. That one and Sam look great!

Yeah, I don't get the hate for this line. They are supposed to look like old Kenner style figures. Don't get me wrong, I would love a modern style line of 3 3/4" Firefly figures...or even 6" figures. I am really looking forward to QMX's 1/6 figures too, but these are cool for what they are. Sure they don't look like the actors, but they aren't meant to. The old Kenner figures likenesses were just as off as these. Plus, it's just cool as hell to have Firefly figures! I've picked up a couple others as well, the Rocketeer is awesome and so is Snake Plissken. It's great to have figures from movies that I only dreamed of being made as a kid. Would love for them to do a Blade Runner line as well.

Bad news about the Buffy reaction line. I asked over on the Funko boards about a series 2 and finally got a response.

Sorry, but it doesn't look like we'll be doing a series 2 for Buffy.

This is so depressing. I really wanted a Giles & Xander!

I bet they don't make anymore Buffy POP!s either...just guessing.

Bad news about the Buffy reaction line. I asked over on the Funko boards about a series 2 and finally got a response.

This is so depressing. I really wanted a Giles & Xander!

I bet they don't make anymore Buffy POP!s either...just guessing.

Yeah, I don't think they'll do another Buffy Pop wave either. I feel that they are getting too many licenses now and they're all over the place with what to make.

Still can't understand how they haven't made a Bobby, John or Yellow Eyes demon for Supernatural, yet they can do 4 different versions of Crowley lol.

Yeah, I don't think they'll do another Buffy Pop wave either. I feel that they are getting too many licenses now and they're all over the place with what to make.

Still can't understand how they haven't made a Bobby, John or Yellow Eyes demon for Supernatural, yet they can do 4 different versions of Crowley lol.

Agreed and agreed. Makes NO sense, IMO, especially with the SPN fan base the way it is.

TLC, ask them about the Pops directly! See what they say!

Agreed and agreed. Makes NO sense, IMO, especially with the SPN fan base the way it is.

TLC, ask them about the Pops directly! See what they say!

For some reason there's no one on the "POP!" boards to ask directly, only on the "Reaction" boards.

Back