Statue Black Cat Polystone statue by J. Scott Campbell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe there's no new updates on this! Gwen, MJ and Spidey are waiting for her at my house...

What kind of update are you expecting? They only started the sculpt in June... It's going to be a while before you see anything.

What kind of update are you expecting? They only started the sculpt in June... It's going to be a while before you see anything.

At the very least ...announcing the pose via JSC's sketch. If they already started the sculpt then its logical they already chose a pose based on one of JSC'S art sketches.

I love the Gwen overall piece, but IMO, I like MJ far more. I think it's the face. Wish she was standing :slap.

But Black Cat will be the best yet, it's what I imagine at least!

Yeah, I think I they did a big injustice for MJ. I really like her though.

I love the Gwen overall piece, but IMO, I like MJ far more. I think it's the face. Wish she was standing :slap.

But Black Cat will be the best yet, it's what I imagine at least!

Gwen is standing, mJ on knees/butt, black cat should be somewhere in between. Like bending down feline-ish to pick up yarn, but looking up at the camera.

Yeah, I think I they did a big injustice for MJ. I really like her though.
Yup, didn't think it would be a big deal until I see proto pics and eventually when I got em in hand. It's bull, but than again the AH one exists....hopefully we get a nice set of PFs for MJ and Gwen, another BC would be great!

Gwen is standing, mJ on knees/butt, black cat should be somewhere in between. Like bending down feline-ish to pick up yarn, but looking up at the camera.

Yeah I imagine an in-between. It'd be nice as it's (by height) Spidey>Gwen>MJ. I'd rather have a bigger than MJ--Black Cat.

Yup, didn't think it would be a big deal until I see proto pics and eventually when I got em in hand. It's bull, but than again the AH one exists....hopefully we get a nice set of PFs for MJ and Gwen, another BC would be great!

Yeah I imagine an in-between. It'd be nice as it's (by height) Spidey>Gwen>MJ. I'd rather have a bigger than MJ--Black Cat.

I used to have the AH one. I'd curious to see both side-by-side in person again. I saw some pics awhile ago in this thread, I think. I still like the AH one as well, all of these years later.

If it's the yarn sketch I have a feeling she's gonna be slightly shorter than MJ. I think in any kind of squatting/kneeling pose her torso will be closer to the ground and we won't be get the height bump that MJ's seat provides... but who knows

I used to have the AH one. I'd curious to see both side-by-side in person again. I saw some pics awhile ago in this thread, I think. I still like the AH one as well, all of these years later.
Yeah I love the overall idea of the AH one. I just can't past some of Hughes faces on his ladies, I think I must of seen something I just didn't like and tainted what I expected. But I love the Scarlet Witch comi I have, so I'm guessing he will be one of those need-to-see-in-hand to judge kind of thing. I also didn't like how she is holding his shirt, just looks like it's awkward floating. But the pose is cute, as is her base and accessories. May grab that one if funds permit.

If it's the yarn sketch I have a feeling she's gonna be slightly shorter than MJ. I think in any kind of squatting/kneeling pose her torso will be closer to the ground and we won't be get the height bump that MJ's seat provides... but who knows
Yeah I'm assuming the same, unless they build her up some way like MJ with the stool. I'm sure if it's still in the works, it's possible they go with a standing one. The PF is so good and the other comi, I see no reason to just have her sitting/kneeling down.

Just out of curiosity, on avg how long do "coming soon" Items pend in that section before making it to new release? Haven't followed Sideshow for very long...

I'm guessing Spook we could probably see some sort of concept or something. Honestly, I'm thinking this shows up for SDCC 15, and a release of maybe Feb. 2016. '

Just my guess on it, I do wish they add another person. Plenty of JSC to take from. I'd love a Carnage and Venom comi. Would look epic. And/or a Black Spidey comi!

sheesh that seems like a long ways off. But yeah, JSC Spidey's first forum page was in 2012 and he was released in 2014 so it sounds about right

sheesh that seems like a long ways off. But yeah, JSC Spidey's first forum page was in 2012 and he was released in 2014 so it sounds about right

Yeah plus they had mentioned they pretty much just started on the concept. So it's a no go for now. But showing the concept art soon makes sense. Then it allows for them to come with a proto and show it off. However, let's not forget PG was a concept and design within months apart. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes sooner than later.

Back