Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is JUST the kind of thing Reward Points were invented for!

Didnt expect this to arrive today, so to my suprise.
It's pretty cool, not sure if it $250 cool... anyways, here it be:

14965330535_a49a1f8048_b.jpg

Looking good!

Was kinda hoping for some cool, distinctive box art (like Grievous or Vader) but it looks like SS is still locked into that same ole' black box....like how well it's packed though.

Someone asked earlier if it was possible to easily disassemble it (remove the legs) w/o breaking it....any answers there anybody? Kinda curious myself on that one....

Droid looks damn good though....can someone snap a pic with another figure in it with the Probot to give us a sense of scale?

C'mon, Friday....

Last edited:
Didnt expect this to arrive today, so to my suprise.
It's pretty cool, not sure if it $250 cool... anyways, here it be:

14965330535_a49a1f8048_b.jpg

I got mine today also, it defiantly looks cool, but it feels like it was made very cheaply, the plastic is really thin. When I first lifted up the box I thought maybe they forgot to put him inside it, that's how light it is.... All I know is SS has to have some huge profit margins on this one... IMO given how thin the plastic is I would say it's really only worth maybe around $150... It feels pretty fragile so don't drop him, he would probably shatter...

for the most part its easy to pop on and off the legs, but there is this one little tiny piece that you add on that has 2 tiny pegs. its kinda a pain to put on and so shall it be for removal i fear. The main body separates by prying it apart for battery access and the head has a cap that twists off for battery access. i dig the little tripod eyes on this droid, you can move them all. thing feels pretty flimsy though.

oh, the squawk box is awesome!

for the most part its easy to pop on and off the legs, but there is this one little tiny piece that you add on that has 2 tiny pegs. its kinda a pain to put on and so shall it be for removal i fear. The main body separates by prying it apart for battery access and the head has a cap that twists off for battery access. i dig the little tripod eyes on this droid, you can move them all. thing feels pretty flimsy though.

oh, the squawk box is awesome!

It talks ?!?!!??

It makes cash register sounds when you press a button. They're hard to hear though, because it's all bills, no coins. ;)

I did? lol, ya after watching it i realized it too. Got get more light! but i do like the effect the light has. ive gotta say the piece feels cheap and light but it looks spectacular espically with light.

Thanks for sharing! Constructive criticism; A little hard to make out the details on the droid and the sound was pretty soft, but a nice first review none-the-less. And you beat everyone else, so that counts for a lot too. :clap

the limbs snap on and are all number coded. The pain in the ass is the top body cover that you need to open, it feels like it will break but nonetheless it is a nice looking piece,

Nice review. Audio could be a little louder. But nice nonetheless. Once assembled, is it possible to remove the limbs without fear of breaking something?

Thanks

lol ya i was trying to do it with go pro, ive gotta speak up next time !

Just record an audio-only track later, which will also let you correct any mistakes and pre-script, then replace the original audio track in the video.

It's a so so paint app, my phones flash doesn't do it justice. Always liked this droid, glad to own it but it's overpriced for what it is. Hard to think that Dewback was only $50 more than this but doesn't exude the same level of quality sadly.

The Probot looks fantastic!! Cannot wait for mine to arrive, but it will take some time.

How tall is it compared to a figure please? Can the black pole be replaced if wanted to - is it removable?

The Probot looks fantastic!! Cannot wait for mine to arrive, but it will take some time.

How tall is it compared to a figure please? Can the black pole be replaced if wanted to - is it removable?

Mine shipped on the 15th. But will arrive on this part of the world on the 23rd. *sigh*.
I'm planning to replace the black pole with an acrylic rod when mine arrives. That will be the only modification I will do (or add a servo motor for the head?).

Back