Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd pay $1k for this and then spend another $1k to get a proper paint job done....then it would be a $2k piece.

I guess lighting and the type of camera used really make a difference in the color of the suit. Look at the pics in this thread:

https://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2013/05/iron-man-mark-vii-suit-featured-in.html

camera flash

Buying LSF on release is crazy imo.
A Brand New Wolverine sold for £740 the other week.

yep, imo, paying retail on any OE piece is crazy. Haven't done it yet and I own quite a few OE pieces. Unless SS makes a 1:2 Venom, I think I will settle for my Mark 3 and Endo LSfs and call it a day.

Under low light, the color discrepancies are less glaring and it looks fantastic. I wish, I could show the light ups, but as I stated earlier, they're not working except for the legs. This is in my workshop right now as I try to gently tinker around and see if I can get it going.

Under low light, the color discrepancies are less glaring and it looks fantastic. I wish, I could show the light ups, but as I stated earlier, they're not working except for the legs. This is in my workshop right now as I try to gently tinker around and see if I can get it going.

This is why I have to wait and look for myself when it gets here. This picture looks awesome.

This is why I have to wait and look for myself when it gets here. This picture looks awesome.

I'll keep taking pics throughout the day with different lighting techniques, and whatever I can of close detail. I'm just sidetracked trying to get the light ups to work. There are a number of strange issues, like the terminals popped out of place, the head electrical plug won't connect. I want to polish the piece up, but if I end up having to return it because of defective lights, I don't want to waste my time.

Can someone measure the base for me, since it's round and the width and depth are the same, what is it? Thanks

Sorry about that, I meant to give it to you sooner, but forgot. It's surface is 17 inches across, and since the bottom surface cones outward, the bottom width is just under 18 inches. It is 2 inches in height.

Just wow. I'm almost speechless here. Thanks to those who took the time to post their images and give an honest assessment of the piece they received today. I feel really sorry for those people who shelled out two thousand dollars plus up front to Sideshow only to get screwed once again on an Iron Man collectible with Legacy's name tied to it. Sadly, this has become par for the course for all SSC Iron Man collectors, the company simply can't be trusted with their proto images.

As others have stated, this piece is the mother of all SSC IM disgraces for that price tag. The first thing that jumped out at me is that crappy blue sticker-looking arc reactor again! Jesus Sideshow, you don't even have to worry about painting eyes on Iron Man pieces but you still manage to take the lazy way out and muck up the arc reactor on every single Iron Man piece you release! And what the heck happened to the paint?! Horrible. I'm not even getting into the base because if they could do the statue correctly I wouldn't even care, that's really just icing on the fail cake along with QC issues here.

I know when me and Col are on the same exact page there's a monstrous problem. :lol

I don't understand how Sideshow adamantly refuses to put forth the effort to get their Iron Man collectibles up to par. And yes, it's a refusal at this point because these issues have plagued every IM piece they release and yet we see them over and over and over again. If it's Court of the Dead, Sideshow will knock it out of the ballpark but Iron Man? No chance. It's so frustrating.

There's no hope left for Sideshow Iron Man collectibles. None.

Just wow. I'm almost speechless here. Thanks to those who took the time to post their images and give an honest assessment of the piece they received today. I feel really sorry for those people who shelled out two thousand dollars plus up front to Sideshow only to get screwed once again on an Iron Man collectible with Legacy's name tied to it. Sadly, this has become par for the course for all SSC Iron Man collectors, the company simply can't be trusted with their proto images.

As others have stated, this piece is the mother of all SSC IM disgraces for that price tag. The first thing that jumped out at me is that crappy blue sticker-looking arc reactor again! Jesus Sideshow, you don't even have to worry about painting eyes on Iron Man pieces but you still manage to take the lazy way out and muck up the arc reactor on every single Iron Man piece you release! And what the heck happened to the paint?! Horrible. I'm not even getting into the base because if they could do the statue correctly I wouldn't even care, that's really just icing on the fail cake along with QC issues here.

I know when me and Col are on the same exact page there's a monstrous problem. :lol

I don't understand how Sideshow adamantly refuses to put forth the effort to get their Iron Man collectibles up to par. And yes, it's a refusal at this point because these issues have plagued every IM piece they release and yet we see them over and over and over again. If it's Court of the Dead, Sideshow will knock it out of the ballpark but Iron Man? No chance. It's so frustrating.

There's no hope left for Sideshow Iron Man collectibles. None.

Well said. Legacy should end their affiliation with Sideshow immediately.

Ah it's a bad news based on the first in hand pics, I have mine at my house but can't open it. Wifey wants to eat out tonight after work, gotta make her happy first before opening it.

Buying LSF on release is crazy imo.
A Brand New Wolverine sold for £740 the other week.

Yeah, shame the Wolf Predator didn't go that way ;) Buying anything with no ES is a risky proposition I'd say. But at 2k it would have to be something very special for me to consider it.

Back