ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

Wow...still no new news????

I know right?
The wait is killing me.
At least show something more than Facebook posts.

I just went to their FB page an this is their reply to every question about TWD

"We are busy working on AMC The Walking Dead characters. Once we will have them ready to show, we will do the update immediately.

Thank you for your question and your interest in threezero collectibles!"

Last edited:

It's a vicious cycle. 3 Zero is probably waiting to see how the zombies sell before they sink too many resources into the line. Collectors want to see more figures before they commit to buying the zombies.

It's a vicious cycle. 3 Zero is probably waiting to see how the zombies sell before they sink too many resources into the line. Collectors want to see more figures before they commit to buying the zombies.
That's a very good point that's why they should have released one of the big characters first like Rick or Darryl and then side characters. Would have been smarter on their part

That's a very good point that's why they should have released one of the big characters first like Rick or Darryl and then side characters. Would have been smarter on their part

It's weird the choices these companies make.
I agree they should have started with Rick,Daryl or Michonne.
I mean you're making her pets...maybe make her first?
Hot Toys is guilty of the same thing.
They had the Sucker Punch line,they made Babydoll first...then Amber?
Amber had the least amount of screen time and was always in some sort of vehicle most of the time.
They should have gone with Sweat Pea or Rocket at least.
It staggers the imagination.

I'm still ticked at HTs that they made Barnes and Taylor but not Elias. If I had known they were going to do that I wouldn't have spent the money on the other 2.

It's weird the choices these companies make.
I agree they should have started with Rick,Daryl or Michonne.
I mean you're making her pets...maybe make her first?
Hot Toys is guilty of the same thing.
They had the Sucker Punch line,they made Babydoll first...then Amber?
Amber had the least amount of screen time and was always in some sort of vehicle most of the time.
They should have gone with Sweat Pea or Rocket at least.
It staggers the imagination.
Not to mention the Watchmen HT line... starting with Silk Specter? Jeez.

Here's some armchair speculation ... but maybe there's a chance things might be slowed up by the Licensor? These things generally have to jump through hoop after hoop after hoop to get all the approvals by folks in the marketing and legal departments (not to mention the actors themselves). And with a company like AMC, who seem to be fairly new to the merchandising game, this may be taking longer than it might with a company like, say, Lucasfilm. That might explain why the pets came out first ... because the leads weren't involved, many fewer approvals were needed.

Maybe that could also be part of what's holding up the Game of Thrones figures?

Just a thought ...

Here's some armchair speculation ... but maybe there's a chance things might be slowed up by the Licensor? These things generally have to jump through hoop after hoop after hoop to get all the approvals by folks in the marketing and legal departments (not to mention the actors themselves). And with a company like AMC, who seem to be fairly new to the merchandising game, this may be taking longer than it might with a company like, say, Lucasfilm. That might explain why the pets came out first ... because the leads weren't involved, many fewer approvals were needed.

Just a thought ...
You might be on to something but you would think they'd want to strike while the iron is hot and get the process moving quickly and especially with the actors that were all relatively unknown before the walking dead.I don't think would be super picky about their likeness being used. if what you said is the case though at that point I'd say just wait till the main actors get get approved before you release anything and release a main. Because if you establish with a couple of really good main characters people are willing to jump in for more characters that they wouldn't have considered getting before.

Releasing the Pets first was what had me excited about the line. It indicated that 3zero was really invested in this line. Collectors always complain how companies do not dig deep into a line. If 3zero is gauging interest by the sales of the Pets, that was a big mistake. The interest is there. Perhaps for the casual buyer the Pets may not be something they would want to add to their collection. These should have been made in smaller numbers for those that want to have as complete a collection as possible. I still believe this line is a go, but patience is going to play a big role in collecting these figures. Now if this line is dead...well at least we got some figures that aren't necessarily tied to TWD. If Michonne was released and the line died I could see some pretty pissed off people with a figure that is most definitely tied to TWD and no other main character to add to that collection.

Just a thought ...

:goodpost::exactly:

I'm still ticked at HTs that they made Barnes and Taylor but not Elias. If I had known they were going to do that I wouldn't have spent the money on the other 2.

Or how about the Predator line with Dutch and knock-off Billy??? No other members of the team, not even Dillon. Had I known that was it, I probably would have ditched Billy and just bought another Arnold to customize into the mud scene.

Blaine and Dillon at least would have been made it a nice little team.

But we do know they made Merle and we've seen shots of rick. So it's not like this is a total standstill.

Is there a link to the shots or Rick? I haven't seen them.Thanks

Back