ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

Here's some armchair speculation ... but maybe there's a chance things might be slowed up by the Licensor? These things generally have to jump through hoop after hoop after hoop to get all the approvals by folks in the marketing and legal departments (not to mention the actors themselves). And with a company like AMC, who seem to be fairly new to the merchandising game, this may be taking longer than it might with a company like, say, Lucasfilm. That might explain why the pets came out first ... because the leads weren't involved, many fewer approvals were needed.

Maybe that could also be part of what's holding up the Game of Thrones figures?

Just a thought ...

I'm split on this. I've dealt with only a small portion of the licensing industry and it did not go well for us, so I know how difficult that area can be. But, I would question why Funko and McFarlane are both cranking out GoT and TWD figures with likenesses, and don't seem to have any troubles or hold ups. I mean, Funko HAS released a Ned figure, yes?? I think Dark Horse released one as well. I could understand it being hard to get in touch with Sean Bean at this point, as he's moved on from the show, but that wouldn't explain why DH and Funko have both released their figures.

I mean, I've dealt with licensing enough that I know that the hold up is on the licensing end, and not the manufacturing end, but it's just that I really wonder WHAT the exact problem is. Is it simply a language barrier?? One of the things I have noticed is that licensors are more forgiving on a smaller scale figure, so it can be lumpy and not a very good likeness, but on larger higher-end stuff, in which it's 'supposed' to be more realistic, they become more demanding.

I'm split on this. I've dealt with only a small portion of the licensing industry and it did not go well for us, so I know how difficult that area can be. But, I would question why Funko and McFarlane are both cranking out GoT and TWD figures with likenesses, and don't seem to have any troubles or hold ups. I mean, Funko HAS released a Ned figure, yes?? I think Dark Horse released one as well. I could understand it being hard to get in touch with Sean Bean at this point, as he's moved on from the show, but that wouldn't explain why DH and Funko have both released their figures.

I mean, I've dealt with licensing enough that I know that the hold up is on the licensing end, and not the manufacturing end, but it's just that I really wonder WHAT the exact problem is. Is it simply a language barrier?? One of the things I have noticed is that licensors are more forgiving on a smaller scale figure, so it can be lumpy and not a very good likeness, but on larger higher-end stuff, in which it's 'supposed' to be more realistic, they become more demanding.

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but maybe it's the limited run, small production numbers game vs. the mass production, Toys R Us game.

But, I would question why Funko and McFarlane are both cranking out GoT and TWD figures with likenesses,

Hmm.. McFarlane doesn't have a license for Game of Thrones. And their Walking Dead figures, like most of their products, bear no resemblance to real actors.

But yeah, amazing likeness from Funko…

game_of_thrones_funko_pop_vinyls_01.jpg

Seriously though, their "scale" stuff isn't much better in the likeness department and they probably don't need actor's to sign off as they're not using their portraits.

Funko-Game-of-Thrones-Legacy-Tyrion-Lannister.jpg
BRIENNE.JPG

I didn't cherry pick those - it's the same or worse for every other character. The Tyrion may in fact be the closest of all of them.

The more of these I see, the more I want ThreeZero to get its ass in gear.

The whole point that's being made here, is that it's unlikely that threezero are the ones keeping this from moving forward.

Posting customs here is a poor example as none of those folks have to deal with the months long process of back and forth. Sending pictures of an unpainted sculpt back and forth until that is approved, then getting it painted and sending that back and forth. Rinse and repeat, having dealt with that area before, they never care about what the costume looks like, just that the head looks correct.

As I mentioned before, I think licensors are more forgiving on smaller scale figures.

The whole point that's being made here, is that it's unlikely that threezero are the ones keeping this from moving forward.

Posting customs here is a poor example as none of those folks have to deal with the months long process of back and forth. Sending pictures of an unpainted sculpt back and forth until that is approved, then getting it painted and sending that back and forth. Rinse and repeat, having dealt with that area before, they never care about what the costume looks like, just that the head looks correct.

As I mentioned before, I think licensors are more forgiving on smaller scale figures.

No, I get what you're saying, it's just that things are moving at a glacial pace. But it's not surprising since a lot of the figures produced by the industry leader, HT, come out 1 1/2 to 2 years after they're first put up for preorder.

And yes, if you're referring to McFarlane's TWD figures, they've been very forgiving. :lol

Hmm.. McFarlane doesn't have a license for Game of Thrones. And their Walking Dead figures, like most of their products, bear no resemblance to real actors.

But yeah, amazing likeness from Funko…

game_of_thrones_funko_pop_vinyls_01.jpg

Cute pic. Figure isn't much to look at, but Dany certainly is. :wink1:

ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

Can I ask a spoiler question...;...............

The last episode of S3 is the people from the town getting off the bus to join Ricks crew at the jail? It has 5 disc and it thought I hade one more but I think it's extras ??

Yeah, doesn't Carl give him one of those "WTF" looks?

BTW, you wouldn't happen to be a fan of the Deadwood show, would you?

Awesome! Great show, some of the best dialogue I've ever heard on TV, pure poetry. Do you think they should do an HBO movie or two? I think the moment's passed, but I'd still welcome it!

My friends were stuntmen in the show they tore down all the sets and the plus the actors were asking for outrageous salaries . Sure enough after the show ended the majority of the cast stopped working . Hollywood greed

My friends were stuntmen in the show they tore down all the sets and the plus the actors were asking for outrageous salaries . Sure enough after the show ended the majority of the cast stopped working . Hollywood greed

That's a shame. Al Swearingen was one of the great TV villains.

Sure enough after the show ended the majority of the cast stopped working .

Maybe all the people who were relatively unknown. But most of the character actors and bigger names don't seem to have any problems landing roles. Olyphant went on to do his most popular role yet in Justified. I've only ever watched a couple of Deadwood episodes, it's one of a few series I've been meaning to get around to binging on.

Back