ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

My friends were stuntmen in the show they tore down all the sets and the plus the actors were asking for outrageous salaries . Sure enough after the show ended the majority of the cast stopped working . Hollywood greed

Not saying you're wrong, but looking at the IMDB of most of the cast, they've kept up pretty decent schedules. I don't know what the life of a TV actor normally looks like, but I've seen quite a few of them in projects after Deadwood. A number of the Deadwood cast has turned up in Sons of Anarchy. I think Sutter even goes out of his way to bring those actors in.

I can believe that the show was getting too expensive, simply because it had a pretty huge cast, but it seems David Milch was having substance abuse problems at the time, plus I don't think the show ever got great ratings. HBO had agreed to air more episodes on a handshake deal, but the CEO of HBO at the time punched his wife and had to resign so that put the kibosh on the Deadwood deal. Seems like there was a lot more going on than salary demands.

Not saying you're wrong, but looking at the IMDB of most of the cast, they've kept up pretty decent schedules. I don't know what the life of a TV actor normally looks like, but I've seen quite a few of them in projects after Deadwood. A number of the Deadwood cast has turned up in Sons of Anarchy. I think Sutter even goes out of his way to bring those actors in.

I can believe that the show was getting too expensive, simply because it had a pretty huge cast, but it seems David Milch was having substance abuse problems at the time, plus I don't think the show ever got great ratings. HBO had agreed to air more episodes on a handshake deal, but the CEO of HBO at the time punched his wife and had to resign so that put the kibosh on the Deadwood deal. Seems like there was a lot more going on than salary demands.

Yeah I was wrong I looked also at IMDB. I am not familiar with a lot of television shows. I normally find something on Blue Ray and watch the complete seasons all in a row. I know first hand that David Milch was gunning for a new surfer television show and was getting " bored" with Deadwood. Sometimes I think I know everything :lecture

Classy guy! Sounds like something straight out of Deadwood, circa 1875.

Here's a look at how the tree zombie bluray set displays with the three zero walking dead figures if anyone's interested

ThreeZero just announced another GOT figure and NOT another TWD figure. I posted on their Facebook page that I think they're having major issues with TWD line. They responded with the typical "formed" response.
I really do think they're having problems with the line and the pets were brought out 1st because there's no likeness or license issue with them.
Another TWD figure from them might be a looooong time coming at this point!
It's a shame too because I'm not paying insane prices for a custom Rick figure.
Maybe another company will produce a knock off like the Daryl figure.

Last edited:

Given what we saw in progress, they're probably on AMC's schedule. Collecting is a long game, and if you don't have patience, you'd better have a lot of money instead. ;)

From my understanding in talking with a few people up there, it is an issue with the license. AMC is being very picky with the line to coordinate with the show schedule, plus they want to first hand approve everything coming out. In other words, they want to micromanage it. I also think that ThreeZero is looking for a high end distributor as well. I wouldn't count on anything till season 5 starts back up. This is just what Im being told from some people up there. We'll see.

It is a little odd though, since neither McFarlane or GG seemed to have license issues in getting out product. Other issues, sure, but not with AMC.

This is an absolute gold mine, I have McFarlane on FB and he was asking people what would they like to see from TWD. I told him 12" high end figures like Hot Toys and no response! That tool

McFarlane doesn't have to worry about likenesses (you can't tell any of the characters apart), and Gentle Giant's products are mostly only the top half of the character. ;) Not to mention they're all just sculptures. You can knock that crap out a mile a minute.

Don't get me started on goldmines. Sports nuts are just as bad as comic/sci fi geeks. The enterbay nba line was a good start and I think it's going well. But I'm off topic.

I once bought a custom Matrix 2 twin figure. It wasn't bad. I was guessing the guy would make another. Of course he never did. Who wants one twin?? I hope I don't find myself asking the same thing on zombie pets with no one else.

I'm hoping it's a timing issue with marketing and they're just holding back preorders and announcements to coincide with the upcoming season. :pray:

Yeah, the fact they've had a completed Merle Prototype for over a year now and we still haven't gotten him ordered yet is a bit worrisome - especially since GoT wasn't shown at all last summer and figure #2 is already being previewed. I mean, I'm glad they've reworked him a couple of times instead of just cranking him out as fast as possible, but surely it shouldn't take over a year to fix a few things. I'm starting to think they've gone the HT route and snatched up too many licenses at once for their team to handle. If you're a huge company with lots of artists that you can spread around, that's one thing. But if there are only a few of you, then you get spread out too thin very quickly.

The biggest problem too is that all the anticipation, excitement and impatience is really feeding the bootleg market with people who aren't willing to wait. :(

That's the other thing - the longer it takes them to make the official figures, the more time bootleggers will have to sell their products. You're not seeing Game of Thones bootlegs because the costumes are so elaborate. Its not that difficult for people to make normal shirts and pants on Walking Dead figures so that's helping them there too. I hope we see something sooner rather than later, not just because I'm impatient, but because it will only hurt their sales in the long run as people buy boot legs instead of the official merch.

That's the other thing - the longer it takes them to make the official figures, the more time bootleggers will have to sell their products. You're not seeing Game of Thones bootlegs because the costumes are so elaborate. Its not that difficult for people to make normal shirts and pants on Walking Dead figures so that's helping them there too. I hope we see something sooner rather than later, not just because I'm impatient, but because it will only hurt their sales in the long run as people buy boot legs instead of the official merch.

Yup, and we've all read the lies, "So what? I bought this and I'll also purchase an official figure when they're released." which conveniently turns into either, "I spent too much on the custom, I can't afford this." or the more likely trash talking of the officially licensed figure to justify the overpriced, inferior custom they own. With this license, the clock is definitely ticking. Not only do bootleggers already have a head start, but there's there's a disadvantage with bootleggers not having to deal with lisensor approval and sizeable production runs, being able to hit the holes of any official releases/announcements before an officially licensed figure can be announced or previewed. :(

The other thing that's frustrating is that at one point their rep was all over this thread, addressing stuff and providing info. That guy has been MIA for the longest.

The other thing that's frustrating is that at one point their rep was all over this thread, addressing stuff and providing info. That guy has been MIA for the longest.

Gimbat still posts regularly on the 3A forums and facebook.
He's easy to get in contact with and will gather up and share any info that's available.

How happy would you be when a bunch of idiots are posting pic after pic of bootleg figures talking about how good they are and how happy they are with their purchase of said bootlegs in your official licensed product thread?

Back