1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This.

I would say in recent times, that bar the PERS feature, the DX line has somewhat lost its uniqueness. Now, regular MMS releases have equally nice or even better packaged figures (MMS 152 CR Supes is an example), and sometimes come with better stands too.

The MoS line of figures is in my opinion, also proof of this: their boxes have adopted the magnetic enclosures that used to only be found in the DX line, and have display stands which I think are much nicer than the DX stands.

And boy am I glad that none of the MoS figures receive the PERS treatment; we know how well that's turned out for Bale Bats. :slap I'd pick a regular HS over one with PERS any day...not only do they seem more realistic, but there are no parts to break too.
Reeve's packaging is great, but it's way too big. Unlike most of my HT boxes or figure boxes in general I had to put it in storage.

The only thing the DX line may have now, is some of those random accessories that tend to re-enact specific scenes. The DX10 has its brain chip, DX13 can re-enact fighting with the T-1000 in liquid form, DX11 has the diorama for the interrogation, and so on. Odd that the Batman DXs don't tend to really have these. I wish the DX12, however, was a combination of both the dark Knight and rises in terms of accessories, that would be great. The lack of the back pack and Sonar head do kill it a little. I guess another thing the DX line has lost is those back drops for dioramas, or dioramas - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 has this so regular releases may get it now. I also have noticed that the 'prop extra' things that are a layer before the figure, are no longer interesting that cool.

To be fair to the MoS (and CR Reeve) line though, there isn't that much you could give to Superman, Jor-El or Zod bar alternate heads and maybe effect pieces.

Good god, I was looking forward to the PERS on my DX12 and now that I have it...it's such a pain, and I do think it kills the likeness a little. I really wish that they made it so that the face could come apart or something, I'm so afraid to use that spatula tool.
Thanks a lot FSLAR. Much appreciated.
Sure thing :hi5:

Good god, I was looking forward to the PERS on my DX12 and now that I have it...it's such a pain, and I do think it kills the likeness a little. I really wish that they made it so that the face could come apart or something, I'm so afraid to use that spatula tool.

Yea, I pretty much leave the PERS alone in fear of the mechanism breaking, which'll leave the fig with the crazy eyes syndrome

P1020374.jpg
Since were all sharings pics.I took this last winter,I tried to recreate the scene in the movie.

I bought mine from SST. It came with a faulty ankle and wanted it replaced. Just received an email from SST and they said I will receive the replacement Body and once I receive it, I need to destroy the old one.

How the hell do you destroy an awesome and expensive figure just because of an ankle? Do you guys do this normally?

I bought mine from SST. It came with a faulty ankle and wanted it replaced. Just received an email from SST and they said I will receive the replacement Body and once I receive it, I need to destroy the old one.

How the hell do you destroy an awesome and expensive figure just because of an ankle? Do you guys do this normally?

:lol This same exact discussion is going on over in the BRJ 2.0 thread. I have yet to buy from Sideshow, but apparently they want you to destroy the damaged body so you can't resell it.

Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Since i put on the cape, i have my MOS standing in the middle of my Superman shelf. I love flying poses, but he looks great standing there too.

26C07616-4678-4CAB-923C-AF3A7F816D5E.jpg

Is that Reeve figure the original head or is it the evil Superman head on a first release Reeve body?

Damn, the custom capes look so much better.
yea this is def one of those figures which is great outta the box bt for those who do not like to alter their figures in any way it by all means warrants buying an extra to make it way better lol. its like having one for collecting and one just for u. im sure u get wut i mean!!!

I agree...I really like the look of the custom flowing cape, but I have been pretty happy with how the stock cape hangs as well. Great figure right out of the box!
manofsteel.jpg

Back