1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking Clark could even have used his super breath to freeze/ blow the tornado away if he wanted to haha...but I guess that'll freak out everyone on the scene lol
Yea that scene coulda played out so many diff ways and still let his dad die if that's really how they wanted it to go...could've at least let clark maybe try something creative and maybe just not be able to save him u know because he's still gettin use to his powers. I'm definitely hoping for freeze breath and super breath in the new movie and some super speed of course!

Off topic, but this is a question that definitely doesn't deserve its own thread - should Hot Toys do a 'Nicholas Cage as Superman' figure? :)

ah i shall try that; up to this point i've only been adjusting the chest section.

Up till last year, I always thought Supes was, no offense, a boring character. I have never been a comics reader, and so relied on movies or tv shows for my knowledge of comic book characters. Unlike Batman who had mortal weaknesses (both mental and physical), I saw Supes as an all-conquering hero with no real weakness (other than Kryptonite, which imo is kinda lame). It wasn't until the recent Injustice & MoS storylines that I finally saw the internal war/conflict within Supes: as a true superpower, how do you hold yourself back from killing your foe, even though that would have been the easier way out? And I finally saw the other real weakness that Supes apart from that green rock: love , which ultimately proved to be the breaking point in Injustice and in MoS too.

I've always liked heroes with weaknesses I could relate to. Which is why I really liked MoS storytelling (esp. his childhood scenes), because I could finally see a different side to Superman. :)

The series 'Smallville' also showed Clark and his struggles with his powers and trying to fit in. And like the guy below, the original Superman did that as well.

Yeah I had to read more into comics and some of the TV shows to get any true respect for Superman, and it was due to these reasons honestly. I never really thought about how the power made Superman feel, that he wasn't just the anti-Batman, but it made him feel truly alienated. The Reeve films did help my perception of Superman too, and he is still my go-to Superman. But I respect Cavill as Superman, he is a good successor. I do almost want the MoS Superman as well, even though I have the Reeve Supes.

MoS is still not a great film to me, but it is an ok one and it has its moments. Kevin Costner going into the tornado was not one of those moments however :lol

FhIjYYIl.jpg

7WbOWIVl.jpg

I think affleck is trying to channel the batman persona. Did you notice how quiet and reserved he was at comic con. I think he's really trying to get into the batman psyche-the same way ledger did with the joker.
Gives me some
Hope with his portrayal of batman, hope the scripts good enough now tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure really does look amazing, although my excitement is practically non existent at this point as it's been out for so long and I STILL haven't received it from OSB. Hoping I'll still love it when, or rather if, it ever turns up as the likeness is great and I love the designs of the movie.

Took a snap of mos this morning. Still love this figure! The likeness is spot on!

Completely agree with that!

Just wanted to share a crappy / amateurish pic i took with my phone:

photo-2.jpg

Love how a little overhead light (even if using a torch :lol) gives a shadow effect that further enhances the muscle/abs details & makes the color of the suit pop!

Definitely no regrets at all with this purchase, though I wished it hadn't come in a rather beat up box :(

c1724169e300b223921cd716e94a81bd.jpg

I wish the material wasn't so crap as I'd like to pose him better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back