Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But no Peter.. :slap

Yeah no peter but I can actually watch robocop3 and sit through the whole thing, but RC2 with that obnoxious kid, bad music
makes it hard to watch.I know no one cares what I think but I still have watched RC3 way more times than RC2.
What 2 and 3 clearly lack most is a good villain. Clarence and Richard jones were just perfect bad guys. Not to mention Ed209.

wow, never noticed how much the suit quality changed.
on those two photos R1 looks made from carton painted by amateur compared to R2 ))

Yeah although in the first one he has a blue tint in the movie, and thus, gives him that iconic metallic blue/grey appearance, he just looks too blue and cartoonish looking in the second one.

The second one isn't bad. the Third one is ****e.

Yeah I don't mind it either, but it is still a downgrade from the first.

Yeah no peter but I can actually watch robocop3 and sit through the whole thing, but RC2 with that obnoxious kid, bad music
makes it hard to watch.I know no one cares what I think but I still have watched RC3 way more times than RC2.
What 2 and 3 clearly lack most is a good villain. Clarence and Richard jones were just perfect bad guys. Not to mention Ed209.

Come on now in fairness Robocop 2 is better then Robocop 3. Robocop 3 is a terrible movie made kid friendly for the pg era. Its no classic by any stretch of the imagination but at least Robocop 2 has a fantastically designed villain in it(cain), good special effects, the humour and over the top violence are still there and it is somewhat enjoyable to watch as a sci fi flick (albeit the storyline leaves a lot to be desired).

But Robocop 3. Don't know where to start on the awfulness of that movie. For a start giving Robocop a jetpack and making him fly is just beyond ridiculous. Not to mention the terrible villains in it(some Asian robotic karate expert) and kid friendly storyline and scenes. Its bares no resemblance to the original in any fashion except its a guy in a grey robotic suit.

Last edited:
Yeah although in the first one he has a blue tint in the movie, and thus, gives him that iconic metallic blue/grey appearance, he just looks too blue and cartoonish looking in the second one.
i wrote my post about suit quality. not colors. R2 suit was really a step forward in quality - judging by two photos above. bigger budget after R1 success i guess. seams are straighter, paint is metaller, surface is smoother. i never saw those details on TV or VHS, nice to meet them after so many years.
as for those comparisons between two, i don't divide them, though i agree the script lost something very important. but R2 followed R1,it didn't kill/rape anything of original ideas, unlike another famous robot franchise.

i wrote my post about suit quality. not colors. R2 suit was really a step forward in quality - judging by two photos above. bigger budget after R1 success i guess. seams are straighter, paint is metaller, surface is smoother. i never saw those details on TV or VHS, nice to meet them after so many years.

Oh ok my bad :slap

as for those comparisons between two, i don't divide them, though i agree the script lost something very important. but R2 followed R1,it didn't kill/rape anything of original ideas, unlike another famous robot franchise.

TBH I find it hard to do that to, but I think R1 is better than R2 but not miles better. :D

I see what you did there.

Robocop 2 did go in a completely wrong direction with 'the old man' actually. I know he wasn't exactly a major character but it didn't follow the first film at all in the way it treated that character. It reverted him to a completely heartless bastard, when in fact he was one of the few people in movie 1 that humanised Robocop - bothering to ask his 'name'. That doesn't at all jibe with how they played him in 2.

Robocop 2 did go in a completely wrong direction with 'the old man' actually. I know he wasn't exactly a major character but it didn't follow the first film at all in the way it treated that character. It reverted him to a completely heartless bastard, when in fact he was one of the few people in movie 1 that humanised Robocop - bothering to ask his 'name'. That doesn't at all jibe with how they played him in 2.

I don't think the old man was completely a humanist in the first movie though. Just because he asked murphy his name doesn't make him a goody too shoer. In fact even after Mr kinney gets killed by ed209 in the original the only thing the old man cares about is how much this 'temporary setback' could cost his company. He isn't seen in the entire movie then until the end where he fires **** jones and asks Robocop his name so its hard to judge exactly what type of person he really is. We don't get to know that until the second movie.

Last edited:
I don't think the old man was completely a humanist in the first movie though. Just because he asked murphy his name doesn't make him a goody too shoer. In fact even after Mr kinney gets killed by ed209 in the original the only thing the old man cares about is how much money the setback could cost his company. He isn't seen in the entire movie then until the end where he fires **** jones and asks Robocop his name so its hard to judge exactly what type of person he really is. We don't get to know that until the second movie.

True but the look on his face and his tone when he says ''you call this a glitch'' could also suggest a more human sense of outrage at Jones. And third hand we hear from Bob Morton that 'the old man cared' (that ED-209 worked) - whereas Jones outright says it didn't matter. So after his final line ''Nice shootin' son, what's your name'' I would have given him the benefit of the doubt and written him accordingly for Robocop 2.

Last edited:
Yep, agreed. Even Jones indicates to Morton in their bathroom confrontation that the old man is a good guy, but "won't live forever". Can't even remember seeing RoboCop 2 but if they turned him into a baddie, I would say it doesn't gel with how he is presented in the first film.

Incidentally, a-dev, just watched the original on blu for the first time in probably 20+ years. Have to say, it was much better and more enjoyable than I remembered. I now rue my comments that it was a second tier movie. :monkey2

Yep, agreed. Even Jones indicates to Morton in their bathroom confrontation that the old man is a good guy, but "won't live forever". Can't even remember seeing RoboCop 2 but if they turned him into a baddie, I would say it doesn't gel with how he is presented in the first film.

Incidentally, a-dev, just watched the original on blu for the first time in probably 20+ years. Have to say, it was much better and more enjoyable than I remembered. I now rue my comments that it was a second tier movie. :monkey2

We all make mistakes :wink1: :lol

yeah, that turnaround was something that even made me think they were different people when i saw it during childhood!
there was no way to "watch again just now and check" at those times in my country, so it's forgivable.
but i see what you did here, too, so no, numerous major concept turnarounds don't compare to one old guy becoming a ********* due to aging :D

attachment.php

TBH I find it hard to do that to, but I think R1 is better than R2 but not miles better. :D
me too. i don't divide them doesn't mean i cannot compare them ) R2 became more TimBurtonBatman-styled (which i find bad, one TimBurton is really already too much), but i guess for a kid THE CAIN levelled that completely. oh yeah. there was no robot like that since.

Last edited:
Back