Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought for sure this series would air on Saturday mornings. Monday nights at 9:00 is very surprising. Has there been any mention of what days/times the episodes will re-air? I no longer have cable so I was hoping I'd be able to swing over to my parents' on Saturday mornings to watch it.

I hope the kid loses his stupid wrist slingshot very quickly. It's the very embodiment of it being a kids show. I hate it.

Yeah, I'm not digging that slingshot either. I think Disney is trying to aim at the Simpsons and Family Guy demographic by putting it in that time slot. I hope it works. I know Clone Wars started slow, but when it found its groove that show was sweet!

I liked the clone wars from the beginning but this has a different feel. But not judging yet

Yeah, I'm not digging that slingshot either. I think Disney is trying to aim at the Simpsons and Family Guy demographic by putting it in that time slot. I hope it works. I know Clone Wars started slow, but when it found its groove that show was sweet!

This is what is keeping me from pre-judging this show. Of stuff released so far, some looks decent, some looks bad - another month and we'll start to see.

See -- this is what you get when DISNEY gets the license.

This show absolutely sucks. I just saw the Graffiti Fett episode... and I'm now done even giving this show a chance.

Clone Wars in the beginning also gave us episodes where the Domino squad is protecting the moon base, Plo Koon and the wolfpack stranded and being hunted out in space, and the powerful Ryloth arc. I thought season 1 had several great episodes honestly.

Clone Wars often wasn't perfect... but when it hit its stride, it was better than the PT films. it found a sweet spot that made it enjoyable for both kids and adults.

Clone Wars often wasn't perfect... but when it hit its stride, it was better than the PT films. it found a sweet spot that made it enjoyable for both kids and adults.

That's where I prefer it honestly, I want my kids to enjoy this with me.

Care to elaborate, WG?

I thought Grafitti Fett says it all. That look -- which was suposed to be unique to Fett at the time of ESB -- has just become another saleable icon. Now everyone it seems wears a Fett helmet, even grafitti girl. Instead of creating something new, we are given "branding" -- which now seems to mean "a retread of the familiar". Like the name Darth no longer being a name but a title -- now all villains in black with red sabers can be a Darth. Star Wars gets gimmicky in this 3 min shorts (even exploiting the old music from the first movie) -- a clear sign of where Disney is taking us. Not that it was unexpected.

I thought Grafitti Fett says it all. That look -- which was suposed to be unique to Fett at the time of ESB -- has just become another saleable icon. Now everyone it seems wears a Fett helmet, even grafitti girl. Instead of creating something new, we are given "branding" -- which now seems to mean "a retread of the familiar". Like the name Darth no longer being a name but a title -- now all villains in black with red sabers can be a Darth. Star Wars gets gimmicky in this 3 min shorts (even exploiting the old music from the first movie) -- a clear sign of where Disney is taking us. Not that it was unexpected.
All established well before Disney took over, wtf does any of this have to do with Disney? 90% of the Mandalorians wore those helms in the Clone Wars over the last 6 years and the Darth crap was changed in the 90s. Its not a sign of where Disney is taking anything, its exactly the same as has been established. As far as the "old music", well this is a lead in to episode 4, so what did you expect, dubstep? :slap

Exactly. Disney can't just wipe out everything that was established via PT related stuff, it's not in their power to do so.
Be thankful that most of the EU will be ignored to avoid f'ups and hardcore gripes while making new trilogy of films.

"A sign of" doesn't need to mean that it was the subject of that sign that put it up. In other words, what I understood is that the branding aspects established PRIOR to Disney, are a sign of where Disney will continue to take this franchise.

Ruling: Comment is fair, we will allow it. Carry on. ;)

All established well before Disney took over, wtf does any of this have to do with Disney? 90% of the Mandalorians wore those helms in the Clone Wars over the last 6 years and the Darth crap was changed in the 90s. Its not a sign of where Disney is taking anything, its exactly the same as has been established.

Yup. I'd even argue that Star Wars branding dates back to when Uncle George kept all the merchandising rights with the Star Wars. And if someone doesn't think it started there, then the argument can easily be made when he didn't kill off Solo in ROTJ because of toy sales. But we were seeing Star Wars and it's many characters in every shape and form on everything from chonies to glasses handed out at fast food places.

Back