Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it has potential. Seeing TIEs and stortroopers in action is always a good thing and the troopers in McQuarrie helmets is a nice touch.

I kinda wish they would have released a movie first with these characters. CW did this, so when the show started we already were acquainted with all the characters.

I think it has potential. Seeing TIEs and stortroopers in action is always a good thing and the troopers in McQuarrie helmets is a nice touch.
Agreed, it looks pretty good so far! All those old school sound samples for vehicles etc - loving that as well.

This series could also potentially round off most of the original 12 Kenner figures in animated form, that the recent CLONE WARS series started off; the droids, Chewie, & Jawas. Looks like we'll at least get Stormies next, but maybe Sand People & a younger Ben Kenobi - & perhaps Death Squad Commanders & Vader at some point too. :cool:

Basically, yeah. :lol

Hasbro have already made that exact figure as part of their 2007 30th Ann. collection MacQuarrie Concept series, which is one of their finest sub lines to date. :rock

So psyched for this show. You can tell the budget isn't what it was for Clone Wars, especially in those later seasons (that was a beautiful show), but I'll be damned if I didn't get excited when the TIEs flew by.

lost missions are fantastic ...

so far what I see its not nearly close to that.. but lets see how this rebels developes.. I just hope They do something for the older viewers (real action series !!!!) in the future

OMG, you are right.....that's awesome!!! I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't place it

Everything "new" in SW from here on out will be from a thrown away McQ design:lol

Seriously though, I don't mind it but damn, they could stretch them out a bit. I wanna see an evolution in SW, but if all of the designs are gonna be from original McQ sketches/concepts, it's gonna be a step back and I like how the OT designs were based off the original sketches and naturally looked like they evolved from them.

I'd rather see McQ designs that someone's idea of what a stormtrooper should look like in a kid's cartoon or the like

Nothing wrong with that and it seems to be working in keeping "older" fans happy but hopefully, they can actually come up with newer designs for the upcoming movies.

Just saw latest short after latest Gravity Falls. It had old SW music and scene was like the Han/Luke vs Tie fighters scene. Good stuff

Back