1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if anyone would like to come up with a solution, fixes, or anything? instead of relying on hot toys responses and hope-you-dont-get-a-defective-ones prayer?
I heard on the 1st day this issue was reported, hot toys official facebook admin has been deleting unfavorable comments regarding this shoulder joint problem off. so i think they wouldnt cared much about our concern. Howard Chan got the best, he owns the prototype with the finest details and quality, leaving us with crappy by-products and reap our money off.

One of my main concerns with diecast has always been quality control. It simply takes more prep work to get a similar finish on metal as to plastic (leaving aside durability).

Oily Batman DX02
Oily Comedian
ED-209 V1 and 2 rubber rotting almost instantly
Hellboy Knees
Scuffed Batmobiles
Spidey shoulders.
This IM shoulder.
TF Batman Begins ankles
Any red iron man pink underwear/panties
Batteries of cheap quality/leaking

I'm sure others can add to the list.

Even if this particular failure is on the plastic, it's symptomatic of HT QC all over, and let's be blunt, that hovers between garbage and non-existent.

Added more!

I would spray the joints with some silicon oil before you move the joints but i guess you will have the problem that the arms wouldn't stay in position.

If it's a defective product I would say you're entitled to a refund, and next time, vote with your wallet. It's the best way to hurt a company.

I know I'll be considering further purchases extremely carefully, and at best will be waiting for a good number of people to get an item in hand and "testing" it for a while prior to my putting my money on the counter.

One of my main concerns with diecast has always been quality control. It simply takes more prep work to get a similar finish on metal as to plastic (leaving aside durability).

Oily Batman DX02
Oily Comedian
ED-209 V1 and 2 rubber rotting almost instantly
Hellboy Knees
Scuffed Batmobiles
Spidey shoulders.
This IM shoulder.

I'm sure others can add to the list.

Even if this particular failure is on the plastic, it's symptomatic of HT QC all over, and let's be blunt, that hovers between garbage and non-existent.

To be fair, your list is actually all plastic and rubber problems, no?.. that dreadful pot metal you warned us about, is holding up just dandy.. just sayin..... :)

Hurrah for Zamak! :bunnydanc

To be fair, your list is actually all plastic and rubber problems, no?.. that dreadful pot metal you warned us about, is holding up just dandy.. just sayin..... :)

Given that only now are we seeing the first HT die-cast figures, there appears to be a serious flaw in your reasoning....

Given that only now are we seeing the first HT die-cast figures, there appears to be a serious flaw in your reasoning....

You are just back in grumpy mode.. lots of good Hot Toys figures out there, HT are just rubbish about sorting problems with the odd bad one.. and so far the diecast has singularly failed to live up to your prophesies of doom and gloom.. unless you are blaming the delayed releases, which is slightly clutching at straws as a heinous Zamak abomination?.. since there are lots of delayed plastic figures.. BTTF anyone?

.. sooo, there is currently no serious flaw in my reasoning, nor will there be, until it's the diecast that is the problem.. and according to your own list, we are still waiting for that, no?

The only flaw is that you blame die cast when hasn't been a single issue with it yet. It's the plastic that's the issue.

Yeah the diecast is great, I honestly think if the joint was completely metal we wouldn't be having these arm problems.

You are just back in grumpy mode.. lots of good Hot Toys figures out there, HT are just rubbish about sorting problems with the odd bad one.. and so far the diecast has singularly failed to live up to your prophesies of doom and gloom.. unless you are blaming the delayed releases, which is slightly clutching at straws as a heinous Zamak abomination?.. since there are lots of delayed plastic figures.. BTTF anyone?

.. sooo, there is currently no serious flaw in my reasoning, nor will there be, until it's the diecast that is the problem.. and according to your own list, we are still waiting for that, no?

:lecture :goodpost: :exactly:

I still think its bullshyt though, for 300$ u shouldn't have to worry every time u move the arms something might break if its not done like so.
It would be different if you're just being reckless with it but unless its being put in some extreme pose the arms shouldn't be breaking at all.

Yeah the diecast is great, I honestly think if the joint was completely metal we wouldn't be having these arm problems.

To be fair to Mr Walker, I think the diecast probably does need plastic bushes in those joints.. otherwise the diecast would wear and become loose and brittle.. however since War Machine Mk2 and Iron Patriot do not seem to have the problem, it looks like its the new, extra articulation, design of the Mk42 that has a flaw, with regular use.

1317984891_bear_cub_falls_asleep_on_nose.gif

Having played with this for a while now, I think I know what the arm issue is about. This is just my own theory so bare with me.

The figure feels strong and heavy. When you bend the knees, you can feel the strength of the metal joint, It's like a piece of equipment rather than a toy. It's robust, it lures you into a false sense of sturdiness. It doesn't feel like it will break. Because...it's die cast. But it's not. Because HT put a plastic piece in the middle of heavy metal parts. It's like putting a plastic piece in the middle a pliers or garden shears joint? Unless they are coming out of the box broken, which I'm not convinced of yet. I think a lot of this damage is down to user damage. But it's not really user damage, it's bad design that's causing owners to feel over confident bending and posing the arms. Because it feels like it won't snap or break. It's ASM all over again, which also were not faulty per se either IMO. They just had delicate joints like certain other TT bodies, but you couldn't see or get a feel for the joint because of the suit. It looked like you could do complex compound moves from the outside, but you couldn't.

Same here. It feels stronger than it is. If the exact same joints were on a fully plastic body we would see this problem IMO.

Anyhow.
My 2 cents.

:lol

Back