1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new bush is not only singular, it is white in color.. there were two original bushes and they were grey.. so not only would that assembler have had to be slapdash, they would have had to have taken the time to be slapdash, with a completely different bush....
Oh I see the difference now. Thanks for helping clarify. Does that mean the original design had too much material crammed into too small of a space, causing the metal to crush the plastic upon moving the arm? And that one less bush/washer - made of a hopefully stronger material - should alleviate the pressure/friction that caused the plastic to break?

Oh I see the difference now. Thanks for helping clarify. Does that mean the original design had too much material crammed into too small of a space, causing the metal to crush the plastic upon moving the arm? And that one less bush/washer - made of a hopefully stronger material - should alleviate the pressure/friction that caused the plastic to break?

Yup.. that seems to be the consensus on what the alleged hot-fix does.

Is there anyone from Sideshow here that can confirm whether the fix will be present in the figures released next month for the US?

Is there anyone from Sideshow here that can confirm whether the fix will be present in the figures released next month for the US?

The same guys still selling doomed ED209's and upside down Arc Reactor IM Busts?

Doubt they'll ever say anything.

I'm also intrigued by your certainty on this QC issue, despite the fact you don't actually own a Mk42 and therefore are basing your opinion entirely on anecdotal evidence.. [/B].

Someone's not really sure what anecdotal evidence is. Seems oddly familiar.

Photographic
evidence, Butters. ;)

As for the rest of the post, I've asked you before not to invent a position for me. Obviously that was ignored.

Someone's not really sure what anecdotal evidence is. Seems oddly familiar.

Photographic
evidence, Butters. ;)

As for the rest of the post, I've asked you before not to invent a position for me. Obviously that was ignored.

Actually you have made the common mistake of confusing a genuine but non-representative example, with statistically significant evidence.. under the circumstances you might want to do a bit more research on terminology, before being so charmingly patronising next time.. since the 'someone' turns out to be you.

'Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases.. Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a claim; it is accepted only in lieu of more solid evidence. This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

You are rocking a Crusading against Diecast strapline under your avatar.. yet claiming at the same time, it has no effect on your stated opinions on this forum.. which are that diecast was the wrong choice of material for War Machine 2, Iron Patriot and Mk42, an opinion you have stated repeatedly since those figures where first announced last year, and long before they were released.. yet you have produced a list of QC issues affecting plastic figures..indeed the only fault you can currently point to on a diecast figure, concerns a plastic component design flaw.
Please clearly indicate which part of that statement I have invented, I am looking forward to your usual dazzling display of intellectual gymnastics and hand waving.

My last flexpay was originally moved from July 10 to August 10. Now I got a notice that it's again moved back but only by 5 days this time, to August 15th. Hopeful indeed!

Wow, ok so the 15th seems definitive by your post. Can't believe im getting 3 figs in a matter of a month :lol

I'm getting 3 figures tomorrow :yess:

54413-Gladiator-Joaquin-Phoenix-thum-5Pf1.gif

Meaninglessness snipped.

You're incorrect. About everything. Which is of little surprise. And appear to have ignored my recent posts on the issue. In which I made my position clear.

At this point I'm wondering whether you're a paid shill for HT or just desperately trying to convince yourself there's no QC issues. Either way, I am sure you're boring everyone as much as you are boring me, so I'll let you have the last word. :)

Have at it.... :lol

Nothing he said was wrong Walker. Just the opposite really. You obviously don't know what you're talking about and are just on a crusade against diecast, even though, to this point, there have been no problems with it, just problems with plastic and rubber.

Trash talking snipped.

I knew you would sprint for cover, as soon as your confusion between an 'anecdote' and 'anecdotal evidence' was exposed ..and you did not disappoint.
:yess:

As for the rest of your posts, I was wondering if you're a paid shill for a Sideshow and Hot Toys competitor, since your consistent non sequitur trash talking, hand waving, straw men and circular arguments fail to address the issues raised, but simply act as a convenient soap box for further trash talking and conspiracy theories about Sideshow and Hot Toys.. while inventing positions for those you are debating with, as soon as you have painted yourself into a corner (for the umpteenth time).. You'll be back...
:lol

Back