1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it would be yet another example of HT low QC standards. Which it appears are getting lower... the point which you appear to be ignoring.

Nothing to do with the figure being gimmicky diecast or not. Even reasonable quality plastic you should have to try and break. These are just overly fragile, and poor design/QC, despite the walls of text you are hammering out to desperately try and convince yourself otherwise. "It's not going to happen to me...."

The continuing lack of QC (and dare I say increasing in frequency) is what I'm pissed about, despite whatever positions you may wish to invent for me.

I'm not ignoring anything.
I have made it very clear I was monitoring the situation, and if I thought there was a serious problem, I would be cancelling my Pre-order for the Mk42.. just like I did not purchase the ED-209, because of its QC issues.. so actually, I am quite clearly extremely cautious, when it comes to QC.

"Nothing to do with the figure being gimmicky diecast"
ORLY?.. would that be why immediately below your Avatar, your have the legend 'Crusading against Diecast'?.. that doesn't look like my 'invention' at all.. obviously the Mk42 being diecast couldn't possibly have anything whatsoever to do with the issue, for anyone Crusading against Diecast.

I'm also intrigued by your certainty on this QC issue, despite the fact you don't actually own a Mk42 and therefore are basing your opinion entirely on anecdotal evidence.. now that does sound quite a lot like Crusading against Diecast..

Of course you couldn't possibly be pissed that the ED-209 you do own, is rotting ..yet the diecast figures (up until now) have not had any problems .. despite your dire prophesies, the moment the diecast line was announced last year.. Crusading against Diecast is clearly a completely unrelated issue to any diecast figures...except that would be the teensiest bit more believable if the strapline actually read 'Crusading against shoddy QC', no?

"Even reasonable quality plastic you should have to try and break'
.. you mean like trying to force the articulation into a pose, it is not designed to achieve, perhaps? .. or maybe just putting rubber on the dome.. again.. not to mention the gaitors also perishing this time.. Hurrah! for plastic figures, eh?

I wonder if the batch that SS will have this shoulder joint corrected . Crap this is why I hate to pre-order stuff cancelation fee and non refundable deposits so basicly it's got to break and then I can get a refund

interesting do you have a pick of the old joint to compare the two

y2ybuhur.jpg

First pic shows a close up of an obviously damaged original shoulder joint.
The second pic shows two of the original shoulder joints.. both with some light damage.
Third pic appears to show a shoulder joint with a new version of the bush design.

All this evidence is currently anecdotal and statistically unverifiable as a widespread issue.. so the answer is.. a definite maybe.

I wonder if the batch that SS will have this shoulder joint corrected . Crap this is why I hate to pre-order stuff cancelation fee and non refundable deposits so basicly it's got to break and then I can get a refund

Even if the problem turns out to be widespread after a while, SSC will take care of you. They refunded my $$$ for ED209 sans shipping after 2 and 1/2 months. You'll be fine.

For all we know the third pic may be a qc issue! Someone has forgotten to add another washer!

The second pic shows two of the original shoulder joints.. both with some light damage.
Third pic appears to show a shoulder joint with a new version of the bush design.

All this evidence is currently anecdotal and statistically unverifiable as a widespread issue.. so the answer is.. a definite maybe.
I see although i am not sure if that will be enough . In any event if this thing begins to show any damage it should be noticeable quickly the guy has not even taken the wrapper of and it is already jacked up

For the life of me, I cannot either. Looks exactly the same to my eyes.

Exactly. Eye of the beholder I guess.

Again, I'm posing mine just like I would any other figure. Not by force, but just common sense posing.

**** museum, if it breaks, back it goes. Simple.

that first picture you post was from my mark 42, the rubber washer is indeed not aligned properly there and still is..i had this figure for a week now, and almost everyday i move the shoulder, so far its not damaged or shown any broken parts..i would say if u handle this figure carefully, you might not break it :)

that first picture you post was from my mark 42, the rubber washer is indeed not aligned properly there and still is..i had this figure for a week now, and almost everyday i move the shoulder, so far its not damaged or shown any broken parts..i would say if u handle this figure carefully, you might not break it :)

:gah: haha but good to know!

For all we know the third pic may be a qc issue! Someone has forgotten to add another washer!

The new bush is not only singular, it is white in color.. there were two original bushes and they were grey.. so not only would that assembler have had to be slapdash, they would have had to have taken the time to be slapdash, with a completely different bush....

I see although i am not sure if that will be enough . In any event if this thing begins to show any damage it should be noticeable quickly the guy has not even taken the wrapper of and it is already jacked up

That pick may have been taken when the figure was removed from the box, however since the joint is exposed for the photograph, if the first thing the owner did, was to immediately force the joint to check for damage, they may have inadvertently caused the damage, by incorrectly manipulating the joint.

Fact is, the reports are extremely mixed on this issue.. the main point is, that if the third photo is accurate, it appears Hot Toys have hot-fixed the issue.. also owners should now be aware of the new articulation, hopefully that combination will mean the issue is resolved.
If your figure breaks due to QC, return it to the retailer and insist on your consumer rights.

For the moment I am not cancelling my Pre-order, because I am not convinced the current level of anecdotal reports justify Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together or mass hysteria.. that will change if the reports ramp up to ED-209 levels when the Mk42 is released in the US.. however, I suspect the alleged hot-fix and publicity about articulation changes, will prevent that happening

To those who say 'but I spent a load of money on this figure, I shouldn't have to concern myself with articulation details'.. imagine taking a Ferrari out on the freeway, then dumping the gears into reverse at 50mph (Do NOT try this at home, it will result in horrendous and expensive repairs, not to mention risk to life and limb.. both yours and other freeway users..you have been warned!).. car costs a s*** load of money but that won't stop ignorance damaging the gearbox.

Back