1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Optibotimus's review, he addresses the shoulder issue at 16:30. He has a figure from the first batch, with two rubber spacers, instead of just the one, which is supposed to be present in the newer batches. No matter which one you get, take it nice and easy.

I mentioned this earlier maybe I am not seeing it this shoulder is the same as the Iron Patriot yet we do not have any reported issues with that so I am a bit curious as to the main reason behind this.

Can the Iron Patriot shoulders swing out like this figure can?

I like everything on this figure except for those thick ass panel lines. These were not present on the prototype pics. The film suit didn't have thick black lines in the middle of his face or his chest. They were more subtle in appearance. The final version HT XLII looks like how Gundam model kits are panel lined. :slap

10457149_10152172252767344_8783346263683291401_n.jpg

iron%20man%203%20banner.jpg

iron-man-3-the-tech-behind-the-mark-42-suit-video.jpg

902031-iron-man-mark-xlii-42-002.jpg

i hate shane black for what he did to the mandarin and how fragile all of tony's suits were

Yep, Tony builds 42 suits and each one should be stronger and better than the previous ones and they all crumble to pieces by a mere touch by those knock off human torches.

Yep, Tony builds 42 suits and each one should be stronger and better than the previous ones and they all crumble to pieces by a mere touch by those knock off human torches.

cardboard polystyrene suits of paper mache'

All the reviews and official pictures of XLII have the gold looking yellowish compared to the movie where it was more subdued.

How is the figure like in person? Is it yellowish or closer to the movie tint?

Yeah, that was one of my biggest problems with Iron Man 3, too. Lack of respect for the armors.

That being said, I actually think this figure looks better than the armor in the movie. The black lines really bring out the details.

Honestly I never really got that. The Mark III takes a ****ing tank, and still manages. Yet all the suits are now suddenly incredibly fragile, even the old ones. How is it armor then? Hell, even the Mark I was pretty durable for all its worth. Sure, a tank would have destroyed Tony in it, but the suit frankly could have been far worse. This is also why I hated the Mark 42 in the movie, it's practically a failure of a suit. I think it was done almost for humor wasn't it? Some of the suit failures

I will agree though, the Hot Toys one is making the armor grow on me. Along with Bandai and Good Smile Company's take on it...

I think somebody in one of the SF threads said RDJ wanted IM3 to focus more on the Tony Stark character, rather than on his machines. The "Man," not the "Iron," makes Iron Man. You get hints of that throughout the trilogy, but you're constantly beaten over the head with it in the third movie.

"You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away - I am Iron Man."

I'm actually thinking about canceling this . The legs and hips look way to thin . Also there's no battle damage option either on the legs . And lastly , I'm not digging the gold paint look . I also disliked Iron man 3.

Shane Black made the suits fragile for laugh effects- they were a comedic tool in the movie- all the past history of how tough they are meant nothing. IT'S A MOVIE!:lol

Back