Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness as well as the paint is pretty bad for starters. The way he's posed plus having one knee slightly bent just makes it look extremely awkward. the chest damage should be about an inch higher than it is. The tailoring is also pretty bad, the (what appears to be khaki) turtle neck hangs WAY below the jacket. The weathering is well done though, as is the base, other than that I'd say this is a huge fail on SS part. They've had plenty of time to improve this, no excuses.

I guess some people will try and justify their purchase til the end of time? :dunno. Congrats on your purchase.

Not just some-all collectors justify their purchases. The hobby itself is a justification for purchasing high end dust collectors albeit good or bad representation of whatever it is. I say congrats to all collectors in what they buy no matter what it is.
For those not buying this figure we get it it's not your cup of tea and that's okay some figures other people buy are not mine either either because I'm not into that character or I personally don't like its likeness or representation, but as a collector I feel happy for that person because they like it. And that is why this hobby is so special WE as collectors need to respect each other in whatever we choose to buy. Opinions are great no doubt and pushes the makers to make things better but harsh criticism against others collectors from collectors in my opinion not cool!

Looking forward to real in hand photos and reviews of this figure, again, good or bad.

Happy collecting to all my fellow collectors out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a shame. The proto looked very good. I'll wait to see it myself in person, but these photos are not encouraging.

I guess some people will try and justify their purchase til the end of time? :dunno. Congrats on your purchase.

I think that would make sense if myself, or others gave a ****, on what random strangers on the internet think. Thankfully I don't care in the slightest. If it looks good to me, I will be happy to keep it. If it looks horrible I won't, but I'm not going to base my decision off of blown out photos or what you, or anyone else, thinks. If anyone bases their decisions on what total strangers think, rather than their own decisions, well, that's pretty sad. I'm not trying to be rude, just as direct as you're being.

All of that being said I don't get how statues with dudes who wear their underwear over leotards is such a big thing, but then again, I don't spam those threads with lol's and roflcopters.

To each his/her own

I think were all Terminator fans and I doubt anyone was wishing this would turn out bad, well maybe a few people did :) but it is a bit disappointing that the production version didn't come that close to the prototype... I think the sculpt is good but the paint application is throwing the likeness off.

I believe the better pics will come soon. From what I can tell, the quality of this one isn't bad at all. Even better than the standard ss paint apps. But it dose lose one strong point of being a statue which is pose. The pose of this one makes it become a doll with sideshow factory paint app. Two worst things combined.

I don't think this is lol worthy. Looks about like I expected it too, although I never noticed the wonky lower legs before. I am still on the side of the fence that's happy I passed, but hoping to see some pics that make me regret that decision. I am an Arnold Terminator fan after all.

I too am a big fan of Arnold and Terminator too and I have both the T2 and T1 PF's the latter being one of my favourite collectibles but this one is just bad. I actually think Neca small 7 inch figures are more accurate. Just saying it how I see it. This certainly doesn't look like a Trevor Grove sculpt. The people who think this looks great are the same people who think Sideshows Robocop is acceptable. Fair enough to them I guess.

Not just some-all collectors justify their purchases. The hobby itself is a justification for purchasing high end dust collectors albeit good or bad representation of whatever it is. I say congrats to all collectors in what they buy no matter what it is.
For those not buying this figure we get it it's not your cup of tea and that's okay some figures other people buy are not mine either either because I'm not into that character or I personally don't like its likeness or representation, but as a collector I feel happy for that person because they like it. And that is why this hobby is so special WE as collectors need to respect each other in whatever we choose to buy. Opinions are great no doubt and pushes the makers to make things better but harsh criticism against others collectors from collectors in my opinion not cool!

Looking forward to real in hand photos and reviews of this figure, again, good or bad.

Happy collecting to all my fellow collectors out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well said.

I was torn between this one and the T1 as my Terminator piece. Glad I bought T1. It looks OK. But I'm sure someone will post higher quality photos that, hopefully, will put this one in a better light.

I find it allright. I think those are bad quality pics and also the shirt and overall leather coat and jeans could be arranged with better care to make the statue shine.
I'm just sad there's no light-up feature, I'll wait till price drops and will most likely buy regular

Back