Anyone have out-of-control- food cravings late at night?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, for anyone that wants to cut back on the late night snacking, drink a lot of water at dinner and throughout the night before bed. It will fill up your tummy and you will be less hungry and less tempted to sneak into the kitchen :lecture

I drink about 3-4 litres of water a day and it usually helps curb unnecessary snacking.

I'm starting on that, as well. I'm basically literally addicted to diet soda. Unfortunately, I fall into that "water is boring" camp. But like I mentioned with eating during TV... 90% of the time, I drink soda because it's mindless drinking. I like having a beverage in my hand almost every waking minute of the day. So I'm just trying to (no pun intended) dilute that time with water.

I've personally found making the water as cold as possible makes it more enjoyable.

I'm starting on that, as well. I'm basically literally addicted to diet soda. Unfortunately, I fall into that "water is boring" camp. But like I mentioned with eating during TV... 90% of the time, I drink soda because it's mindless drinking. I like having a beverage in my hand almost every waking minute of the day. So I'm just trying to (no pun intended) dilute that time with water.

I've personally found making the water as cold as possible makes it more enjoyable.

You could slowly ease off the diet soda and into more water by starting off with sparkling and carbonated water like Perrier?

I've completely cut out soda from my diet...I may have the occasional diet one at home or at the movies. I usually stick to my water and juice and then coffee and beer where applicable.

Actually, that isn't even honestly phrased. I still eat a ton of cereal. My last update on my site was a review of four new cereals. If it wouldn't kill me, I'd have cereal for every meal.

But I'm trying to steer away from the mentality of "a mixing bowl full of Lucky Charms is not going to add up eventually".

One frightening thing to try: actually using measuring cups to serve cereal. The difference between how much it actually is versus what you might assume is crazy.

I might try the measuring cup trick. I usually just pour sugar cereals like Lucky Charms into the biggest bowl I can find and just nom it down without thinking twice about the consequences :lol

I'd eat cereal for every meal too though! I have like 10 boxes of cereal in my cupboard alone right now :lol

You could slowly ease off the diet soda and into more water by starting off with sparkling and carbonated water like Perrier?

I've completely cut out soda from my diet...I may have the occasional diet one at home or at the movies. I usually stick to my water and juice and then coffee and beer where applicable.

I've been doing a lot of seltzer, but I'm still not a total convert. In the past three months, I've gotten a lot better with less soda, but I'm still not where I want to be.

La Croix makes some really good seltzer flavors, I've been drinking a lot of the coconut and grapefruit.

I've been doing a lot of seltzer, but I'm still not a total convert. In the past three months, I've gotten a lot better with less soda, but I'm still not where I want to be.

La Croix makes some really good seltzer flavors, I've been drinking a lot of the coconut and grapefruit.

I think I've tried that before, it's not bad. Some bottled water companies also do 'flavoured' waters now. I find them repulsive but you might enjoy them if you are looking for a healthier beverage! Just pick up a case at the grocery store and try them out.

I might try the measuring cup trick. I usually just pour sugar cereals like Lucky Charms into the biggest bowl I can find and just nom it down without thinking twice about the consequences :lol

I'd eat cereal for every meal too though! I have like 10 boxes of cereal in my cupboard alone right now :lol

My garage pantry shelf looks like the cereal version of Doomsday Preppers. Probably 30+ boxes out there right now.

Not counting the two dozen boxes of Touch of Fruit Mini Wheats. But in fairness to that, I bought about a case of them, because I figured they'd be discontinued by now and I was stocking up.

I think I've tried that before, it's not bad. Some bottled water companies also do 'flavoured' waters now. I find them repulsive but you might enjoy them if you are looking for a healthier beverage! Just pick up a case at the grocery store and try them out.

I know there's differences in the sweeteners used, but I figure if I'm going to have water with artificial sweeteners, I may as well have the diet soda. I have Powerade Zero a few times a week, but usually after hockey or running.

My garage pantry shelf looks like the cereal version of Doomsday Preppers. Probably 30+ boxes out there right now.

Not counting the two dozen boxes of Touch of Fruit Mini Wheats. But in fairness to that, I bought about a case of them, because I figured they'd be discontinued by now and I was stocking up.

I know there's differences in the sweeteners used, but I figure if I'm going to have water with artificial sweeteners, I may as well have the diet soda. I have Powerade Zero a few times a week, but usually after hockey or running.

Sounds delicious :lol You can never have enough cereal :rock

I think the flavoured water was actually pretty low on the sweeteners used, it's not like Crystal Light or anything. I'll take a look at the calories next time I'm at the store.

Back