(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I want Stan Lee to sign my ****.

I have some funny stories about missing out on autographs from Stan. It was a fun hunt for awhile, and while I did pay through the nose for Luke & Leia, I never felt compelled to pay for Stan. So I've just resigned the quest...

We always like to be accommodating to our prey... er, I mean friends. :p
As for the shirt, we all go bare chested and spell out FREAKS on them... currently you have your choice between R and E. (and no Ken...Angie will not be joining in. ) :lol

F = Chien (F is for Foreign)
R =
E =
A = Gibby (A is for Aaron)
K = Ken (K is for Ken)
S = Punk (S is for Steve)

I think I might just wear my Macho Man or Camp Kaiju shirt. :)

I've got Stan's auto on a comic book. I think it might be a reprint of the death of gwen stacey to be honest. I'm glad Josh doesn't fit into freaks as I'm not really walk around shirtless material. :lol

This is what I'm bringing for Stan Lee to sign.

$_57.JPG

:rock:rock

Still debating whether to get something signed or not.

:lol She puts on a hell of a show let me tell ya! :lol

Good, I'll split the youtube channel profits with you. :lol

As for the shirt, we all go bare chested and spell out FREAKS on them... currently you have your choice between R and E. (and no Ken...Angie will not be joining in. ) :lol

R =
E =
K = Ken (K is for Ken)

:lol:lol

I've got Stan's auto on a comic book. I think it might be a reprint of the death of gwen stacey to be honest. I'm glad Josh doesn't fit into freaks as I'm not really walk around shirtless material. :lol

Ah, to be in my 20s again. :lol

We're considering going to the Dallas Comic-Con... I've never been but Shatner's there and he's pretty much the only actor I'd pay the stupid money to get an autograph and photo with.

Thought this was a nice video to look at and get a feel for the direction of it.

Thought this was a nice video to look at and get a feel for the direction of it.

:clap:clap

While the other clips have been "entertaining", they should have just stuck with this one to sell the series. :lol

We're considering going to the Dallas Comic-Con... I've never been but Shatner's there and he's pretty much the only actor I'd pay the stupid money to get an autograph and photo with.

Would love a Shatner sig!
Wish I would have been more active when the original cast was involved in the cons.

All you guys going to the con this weekend, Valyrian Steel will be there along with Theon, and Ygritte. If they have the sword OathKeeper on display could you get a few pics and post them? It would be much appreciated!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Ah, to be in my 20s again. :lol

I know. My 20's went by quick.

He was here in KC for our Comic-Con and the line for his auto was nuts. It was the only line that reminded me of SDCC. Me and Wetanut got Sylvester McCoy's auto in like 5 mins. That was fine by me though as I'm over waiting in long lines whenever I can.

I know. My 20's went by quick.

He was here in KC for our Comic-Con and the line for his auto was nuts. It was the only line that reminded me of SDCC. Me and Wetanut got Sylvester McCoy's auto in like 5 mins. That was fine by me though as I'm over waiting in long lines whenever I can.

You should have seen the cluster **** that happened at SDCC last year for his line at a vendor booth.... It was a pre purchase signing only and we had the line perfectly set up snaking without clogging any of the aisles then the floor security told everyone we couldn't make a line and we had to leave... That basically turned the line into a giant mass of people clogging all 3 pathways around the booth waiting for Stan to arrive, when they tried to actually make a line when he arrived it was practically impossible. The floor security at SDCC had little to be desired last year really.

You should have seen the cluster **** that happened at SDCC last year for his line at a vendor booth.... It was a pre purchase signing only and we had the line perfectly set up snaking without clogging any of the aisles then the floor security told everyone we couldn't make a line and we had to leave... That basically turned the line into a giant mass of people clogging all 3 pathways around the booth waiting for Stan to arrive, when they tried to actually make a line when he arrived it was practically impossible. The floor security at SDCC had little to be desired last year really.

The security at SDCC usually stinks. They're rude (generally) and clueless (generally).

The security at SDCC usually stinks. They're rude (generally) and clueless (generally).

Perfect summary of them last year. There was the occasional nice one that had a clue what was going on though. The best part was on day one the doors opened and I was speed walking to the NECA booth and one of them stopped me telling me to quit running as someone else literally sprinted by, told the guy he better go catch up to him too if he's so on top of keeping people from running on the floor...

Fitting everything in at a con is rough. Its one of the reasons I started going to SDCC for all the days. You can't talk with everyone and see everything in just a couple. I still kick myself in the behind for not getting a chance to talk with Chien more than 5 second when we ran into each other.

Same reason i do all four for NYCC now too.

I've never done a Con for more than a day. With work, family and kids it's impossible for me. CVII will probably be the first one and that's because I have to go away for it and I still feel guilty about sticking the kids with my wife for 4 days. :(

Is it just me or does Chopper say, "What the Fu#&" and then something like "Maaaa Fu#&er" when he enters the room... :lol

Chopper clearly says "What the F?" when he comes in the room. Wow. Edgy.

Yeah and it sounds like he's saying it with balls in his mouth. Horrible!

How much is a Shatner autograph? I really want one on a TJ Hooker photo. That's always been my favorite show of his. The acting was so over the top and unnecessary, it's priceless. :lol

AWESOME! :rock

In case you wanted to see the start of my Star Wars photo frame here's a quick vid I took of a few frames. If you have sound turn it up a bit :)

LINK

steve - looks like thursday is a no-go for now (no babysitter for the little guy). :(

any plans for friday? how about you scott?

edit -
i think my plan is to bring the kid down friday am, walk around for a couple of hours, head back home and drop him off, then come back downtown before 5pm. i'll be downtown then through sunday checkout.
Still not sure. I'll be there by 11. Hopefully earlier. I'm aiming for 10, but I know that usually means 11. I need to look at the programming schedule to see what's on my plate for Friday...

First day off in ten days. I'm gonna be blowing up the Cantina today. :rotfl
Funny. I'm off today, and spending LESS time in here than usual. I got **** to do. Trying to clean, find things I need for C2E2, and just take care of crap I've been procrastinating, like laundry. I did make time to watch Game of Thrones though. There are priorities in life! :lecture

Everyone has different things they want to do at the con I'm sure, so don't feel like you have to hang out with us all the time at the con. Ken and I usually walk around for a bit shopping together, then he runs off to a panel while I visit artist's alley, then we meet back up later in the day etc.
It'd would be great if you could make it both days, or at least get to do dinner/hang out with us one night. That's where the fun is. :D Chien won't be there Friday so Saturday would be your best bet if you want to meet/hang with everyone.
Yep. Lots of dealer room action, with the occasional break for panels. That's how I roll. I may be up for Stan Lee's auto. I already got him, years ago at SDCC at the Sideshow booth. But it was on that book, and I really didn't talk to him at all. I want a better memory and keepsake. That one kinda sucked...
Plus, he wasn't personalizing anything. Dunno if he will this time or not. But Morgan Spurlock personalized it. I would have rather had BOTH personalize it, or NEITHER. But not just Spurlock...

This is what I'm bringing for Stan Lee to sign.

$_57.JPG
That's awesome. Wish I had one of those...

:lol She puts on a hell of a show let me tell ya! :lol

R =
E =
K = Ken (K is for Ken)
LOL at F... Too bad none of our resident Richards are going...

I got Shatner, but wish I had also got Nimoy. They were sitting next to each other! I could reach out and touch him, but alas, I did not...

Mara Jade looks like the Twilight chick, but with red hair...

Plus they lie/misinform you...

I've never done a Con for more than a day. With work, family and kids it's impossible for me. CVII will probably be the first one and that's because I have to go away for it and I still feel guilty about sticking the kids with my wife for 4 days. :(

How much is a Shatner autograph? I really want one on a TJ Hooker photo. That's always been my favorite show of his. The acting was so over the top and unnecessary, it's priceless. :lol

AWESOME! :rock
There's never enough time, even if you go all 4 days...
I paid $50 for Shatner. But he ain't that cheap no more!

Back