New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kits were so limited, it could be both unlikely any ended up in a recaster's hands, and very likely that that is the first thing on recasters' minds. We'll see. I'm not recasting mine.

considering most recasters are around Asia, I would say it's very likely one or more could end up in recasters hands. Even some of Narin's really rare kits were recasted and since so many people declare this as the best Giger sculpt ever, recasters know the demand is there.

Damn, that was fast. Looks like I might be getting this guy tomorrow.:yess:

Your item was processed through our SAN BERNARDINO, CA 92403 facility on December 04, 2011 at 1:34 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Wow, that was really fast. So will you be able to start working on this space beast straight away, or do you have other projects in the queue ahead of it?

Can't wait! :panic:

Unfortunately (but also fortunately) I have loads to do before I can get to this, but I can take pics of these parts today at least (I hope).

FYI - I got my kit last Friday. Very well cast, well packaged and well sculpted. Minor inadequacies aside (i.e. no elbow spikes), the sculpt is beautiful. A warning, however - the kit is fairly compact. It's not small, per se, just don't expect something the size of say the Kenner Alien. It's about in scale with a Hot Toys 12" figure - perhaps a little larger. I think it would be a 1/5 scale human figure, but for the Big Chap, it somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/6 or 1/6.5.

FYI - I got my kit last Friday. Very well cast, well packaged and well sculpted. Minor inadequacies aside (i.e. no elbow spikes), the sculpt is beautiful. A warning, however - the kit is fairly compact. It's not small, per se, just don't expect something the size of say the Kenner Alien. It's about in scale with a Hot Toys 12" figure - perhaps a little larger. I think it would be a 1/5 scale human figure, but for the Big Chap, it somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/6 or 1/6.5.

according to Roswell it's 450mm without the base and 500mm with it...

19.68" with base
17.71" figure alone

My Alien kit has landed. I have examined the parts and measured it up, and I totally concur with the last two posts, except I think it's larger than the HT 1/6 Aliens, but it's not even as big as the NECA Predator.

Detail is absolutely amazing though. The arms also fit in the sockets reachign straight forward, with is kinda cool. That means customizing the arm pose is going to be easy should I decide to do it.

HPIM3871.jpg

HPIM3872.jpg

Includes a decal name plate for the base.
HPIM3874.jpg

The ruler is 18".
HPIM3876.jpg

HPIM3878.jpg

HPIM3880.jpg

HPIM3881.jpg

HPIM3883.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to the pics guys!!!

Everything pls packaging - instructions? etc! comparisons w other aliens...esp the Marmit if you got em....

Thanks in advance!!

My pics might make it look like the head and legs are attached, but they aren't. They do stack up and stand all by themselves though.

The clear dome is very well cast. I almost think it's plastic, but it's probably resin. I hope it doesn't yellow.

Speaking of domes, I'm so very concerned about the outcome of the Alien maquette from Sideshow. While I don't want it yellowing (is that even a possibility?), but more importantly, I want the correct (subjective) amount of fogging incorporated.

looks really nice, but wow, he's even smaller then I thought it would be. For the price of the painted version, I really don't think it's worth it and it's more suit accurate, rather then screen accurate. I don't know how they missed the elbow spikes.

looks really nice, but wow, he's even smaller then I thought it would be. For the price of the painted version, I really don't think it's worth it and it's more suit accurate, rather then screen accurate. I don't know how they missed the elbow spikes.

They didn't miss it - it's just not on the sculpture Giger created - he didn't seem to miss them enough to reinclude them in the sculpt either...there are the 3 dots discs that are in their stead...

Back