1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't sound too bad to me and they look great, thanks for the pics. I may still give it a try myself first, just because I like doing that kind of stuff, but in the end I will probably order a set.

**EDIT** Wait a sec, I just checked out the site and that is $27.99 for the robe only! I thought the head wrap was included. On second thought, I'm not so sure. I have a spare Obi-Wan robe I was thinking of using and that whole figure cost me less than that. He does have some great stuff on his site though, wish I had known about it when I was putting my custom Indy together.

He's going to include the head wrap also. I'll post the email later.
EDIT from email:
Hello,

I could definitely do 5-10 map room sets and I'll throw in the head wraps at no extra charge. Thanks for your interest. Nick

Last edited:
Here's what I did so far. Made the book case and the chalk board. Still need to add the drawing of the map room.
11-29-08015.jpg
[/IMG]

Chalk board:
Picked up the wood and chalk board paint from Michaels. The c.board wood was hard to do. I had to really sand down the wood and primer it about 4 times. I added about 5 layers of C.board paint. In the end I just added a couple of extra coats on top of each other w/out letting it dry to float the paint into the groves. I still want to add the botton stiles and make it so it flips over. If I can I'll draft up plans and will be adding the desk soon.

The umbrella came from the Sacramento toy show last year. It was made by Fred(unknown last name)-I believe he was the one that sets up the show. Still need me a Sr. hat.

Hey guys,

Thought you might like to see my diorama so far with Prof. Indy and his visiting dad! I plan on making many improvements but this is where it's at so far. I so wish I had a Marcus Brody to add to this!

Cheers,
Nathan

Hey guys,

Thought you might like to see my diorama so far with Prof. Indy and his visiting dad! I plan on making many improvements but this is where it's at so far. I so wish I had a Marcus Brody to add to this!

Cheers,
Nathan

Awesome, Nathan! Best Professor Indy yet! What did you use?

Thanks, Irish. The head is a casting with custom built eyeglasses sitting on a Hot Toys body. Unfortunately, the shoulders on him are a bit wide for the tea-stained suit and shirt I picked up from a hong kong dealer. I had to dremel his shoulders to make it work out at all. Still I find his poseability somewhat limited do to the cut of the suit. Although it's not a screen accurate belt-back model, I'll be rather shocked if SS doesn't do a prof. version since Trevor has apparently found the machine to shrink Harrison Ford! As I picked these up nearly a year ago, I don't know which manufacture made the clothing but the shoes you can't see are New Line Miniatures. Not much help I'm afraid. Great German Indy, Btw!

Nathan

My TT body will be here on Tuesday. I'll finally be able to make my professor Jones figure. I'll be able to do a second custom non hat Indy figure down the road since I bought a second hatted Indy to make a dio scene with the Idol Chamber. Both those will also be getting the Josh treatment.

I need some help from the Indy experts. Does he wear the tall knee high jackboots or shorter ones in his soldier disguise?

something i've never seen before.... (or even read about) ... but is that R2's head on the pole at the top???

something i've never seen before.... (or even read about) ... but is that R2's head on the pole at the top???

That wouldn't surprise me...if so, the greatest catch ever!

IG88's head apears in ANH as part of the Cantina bar, and vines from Dagobah were reused to dress the Chachapoyan Temple at the beginning of Raiders. I'm sure the prop makers and set builders at Elstree used to reuse stuff all the time.

Well, it's not R2's. There are only 5 holes instead of 6, and they appear to be a different size. Another droid head, perhaps.

Compcopy.jpg

Back